Jump to content
  • Custom Search


Sign in to follow this  
silvrsvt

Mustang Mach E will spawn a Shelby varient

Recommended Posts

https://www.evo.co.uk/ford/mustang/201971/ford-plans-a-hot-mustang-mach-e-shelby

 



Speaking to evo, Ford Performance chief programme engineer Ed Krenz said: ‘I’m looking forward to the challenge of applying the Shelby characteristics to an electric car. The trick for us is the fun-to-drive part, and sustainability in terms of charging. It needs to be capable to go all day on a trackday – you can’t do 20 minutes and then have to charge it all night.’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

https://www.evo.co.uk/ford/mustang/201971/ford-plans-a-hot-mustang-mach-e-shelby

Speaking to evo, Ford Performance chief programme engineer Ed Krenz said: ‘I’m looking forward to the challenge of applying the Shelby characteristics to an electric car. The trick for us is the fun-to-drive part, and sustainability in terms of charging. It needs to be capable to go all day on a trackday – you can’t do 20 minutes and then have to charge it all night.’

 

 

 

The crying shame is that this type of work hasn't already been done or at least underway. The GT should have some of these characteristics, perhaps not as capable as a Shelby version, but it needs to be more that a one trick pony (pun intended) otherwise it's no better than a Tesla in terms of its performance capabilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did Shadows and Dakotas too, If I remember right. Nothing as radical as the GLHS. 

 

And remember how crappy those Sunbeam chassis turned out? 

Edited by YT90SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

 

The crying shame is that this type of work hasn't already been done or at least underway. The GT should have some of these characteristics, perhaps not as capable as a Shelby version, but it needs to be more that a one trick pony (pun intended) otherwise it's no better than a Tesla in terms of its performance capabilities.


Well it’s almost a year away, and how do you know they aren’t already working on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally the Shelby Mustang is the herald for new equipment, maybe this is an opportunity to use Gen II Powertrain and batteries in a Shelby and make a big difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets hope the gt has gen 2 and whatever that means amounts to more then just fluff...since mach 3 reveal ford stock still has not punched thru 9clams and now rests at 8.73clams.... market dont seem to be too exited...that 50k sales claim by ford did not resonate much either....may be they should have held off on that claim for a lil bit...i do think the lectric can make profit but ford may have to bypass the dealers to do so...i am also a little concerned about fords need for larger batteries compared to tesla for comparable range..seems this is another case of we have something better but its down the road....honestly, i dont think bronco can get her soon enuff

Edited by snooter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can envision dual charging ports and larger battery packs, along with more powerful motors and separate battery packs for each motor for quicker discharge rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, YT90SC said:

They did Shadows and Dakotas too, If I remember right. Nothing as radical as the GLHS. 

 

And remember how crappy those Sunbeam chassis turned out? 

All Shelby did for the Sunbeam Tiger was build the prototype.

 

Now...the AC Bristol was a differnt story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, akirby said:


Well it’s almost a year away, and how do you know they aren’t already working on it?

 

The guy using the phrase "‘I’m looking forward to the challenge" was my biggest hint. If they were already working on it, he wouldn't be "looking forward to" it, would he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

 

The guy using the phrase "‘I’m looking forward to the challenge" was my biggest hint. If they were already working on it, he wouldn't be "looking forward to" it, would he?


Dont believe everything you hear, especially in regard to Ford product development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×