Ford Offering 0% Loan on New Bronco Sport

14 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

I just paid $2.05/gal for gas. I know its even cheaper elsewhere-this is a tough road for all hybrids-with these cheap gas prices.

the perception of hybrids is changing. I feel like initially automakers wanted a hybrid only vehicle  like the Prius so they could use it for marketing and say “look at us, we are green, we get great gas mileage.” It worked for a while, but now that hybrids are main stream, people don’t want those hybrid only vehicles with their weird shapes and looks. Those buyers have moved on to electrics. Today’s hybrid buyer likes the fact that a hybrid can give them more power and faster acceleration, among other things. It’s not just about mpg anymore. If I can get all the performance benefits and still eek out a few more mpgs, I’d be pretty happy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

the perception of hybrids is changing. I feel like initially automakers wanted a hybrid only vehicle  like the Prius so they could use it for marketing and say “look at us, we are green, we get great gas mileage.” It worked for a while, but now that hybrids are main stream, people don’t want those hybrid only vehicles with their weird shapes and looks. Those buyers have moved on to electrics. Today’s hybrid buyer likes the fact that a hybrid can give them more power and faster acceleration, among other things. It’s not just about mpg anymore. If I can get all the performance benefits and still eek out a few more mpgs, I’d be pretty happy.

Tell that to my mom. You should have seen the look of disgust on her face when I suggested she get a hybrid when she told me she wanted to replace her Challenger with an Escape. 

20 hours ago, ice-capades said:

As is so often the case, Ford won't build what many Dealers want to satisfy their market demand. Case in point is the Escape SE Sport Hybrid. We could sell or lease them all day long but Ford treats them as a controlled commodity and is restricting production to the point where we're lucky if we can get allocation for 1 per month. But they'll build plenty of Titanium Hybrids! Ask Ford why and they'll tell you that they don't make enough profit on the SE. Ford builds what they want to build regardless of what the customer base or Dealers want. And they don't care if they lose customers to the competition. 

Toyota was supposed to have the 300hp RAV4 Prime/PHEV on dealer lots by now, but it has been delayed apparently due to battery supply issues. There probably are supply constraints on batteries for Ford also, or they just aren't as cheap as they used to be. Trade battles with China will also likely limit the amount of magnetic material available for electric motors and other components. I've noticed also there are very few Explorer and Aviator hybrids in dealer inventories,. 

46 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

It is only for 48 month. Almost nobody is going to do that. 

Do Dealers get any feedback on customers like me, who take the Ford Credit financing only to get the additional cash back, then pay it off after 2-3 months?

HRG

9 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Do Dealers get any feedback on customers like me, who take the Ford Credit financing only to get the additional cash back, then pay it off after 2-3 months?

Not exactly the same case but dealerships actually told me if I refinanced, that I had to wait three months to do so, because Ford’s rates at the time weren’t great. 

On 7/16/2020 at 4:06 PM, ice-capades said:

As is so often the case, Ford won't build what many Dealers want to satisfy their market demand. Case in point is the Escape SE Sport Hybrid. We could sell or lease them all day long but Ford treats them as a controlled commodity and is restricting production to the point where we're lucky if we can get allocation for 1 per month. But they'll build plenty of Titanium Hybrids! Ask Ford why and they'll tell you that they don't make enough profit on the SE. Ford builds what they want to build regardless of what the customer base or Dealers want. And they don't care if they lose customers to the competition. 

That is the $64,000 question. 

Is this version of Ford in the car/truck production business and making money, or are they making money by producing cars/trucks.

What comes first, the customer or profits.  There is a difference. 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Not exactly the same case but dealerships actually told me if I refinanced, that I had to wait three months to do so, because Ford’s rates at the time weren’t great. 

I was told the same, that they lost the spiff from Ford credit if the loan was paid off within 90 days.

On 7/16/2020 at 5:06 PM, ice-capades said:

Looking back, I could have bought the Titanium hybrid in base form for only a couple thousand more or even less. You really have to get the premium package on the SE Sport to make it look nice. The 17 inch wheels just don't make it on the Escape. The premium package is expensive and pushes the hybrid into the $32,000+ range with optional metallic paint. It's really not hard to find titanium hybrids in that price range without panoramic roofs and other goodies. So I got the SE Sport package with metallic paint and the panoramic sunroof was important to me. To me, getting the SE Sport without this package would be penny wise, but pound foolish. 

1 minute ago, jpd80 said:

It will be interesting to see how Escape sales are this month, Ford managed to build

around 22k in June, so fresh stock filtering through may help the trim mix.

I've noticed that the Ford dealers around me are restocking Escape hybrids and they are moving off the lot including titanium. The SEs are still collecting dust and Escapes with the 2.0 turbo are hard to find. So seems good demand for hybrid and 2.0, and not so much for SE. The S would sell well if there was any fleet demand. Still waiting for plugin to show up. They will sell quickly as Toyota prime has no decent production numbers for U.S.

10 hours ago, bzcat said:

Most of the new Escape I'm seeing now are hybrids. I guess it took a while for Ford to adjust the production mix and send the hybrids to the West Coast where they are in demand. 

I would say CA and FL are their biggest market for battery vehicles since they have the warmest temps year around in the U.S. C-MAX sold well around here along with the Fusion plugin and hybrid. Electric bikes and golf carts are big sellers also. Lithium batteries love mild temps.