Ford Offering 0% Loan on New Bronco Sport

Well, that didn't take long. Ford Credit is offering free money on 48 month loan on new Sport. Assuming 10% down, customer saves around $3,500, same as $3,500 rebate. On the Badlands version, even more money saved. On a 60 month loan, 2.9%, and 5.9% on 84 month loan....ouch.

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

0% is the new normal given overall vehicles sales are down due to the pandemic. Mazda launched the CX-30 with 0% financing too. It's just cost of doing business in this economy. 

Well doesn't hurt that they are borrowing the money from the Fed at almost 0% for the loan. 

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Well, that didn't take long. Ford Credit is offering free money on 48 month loan on new Sport. Assuming 10% down, customer saves around $3,500, same as $3,500 rebate. On the Badlands version, even more money saved. On a 60 month loan, 2.9%, and 5.9% on 84 month loan....ouch.

Where did you get $3500?  A 48 month loan for $30k is only $1800 interest.

And a lot of buyers can’t swing or don’t want a $650+ payment even at 0% so the take rate will be low.

28 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Focus?

You mean Escape?

LOL, yeah my brain wasn't awake.

Escape was struggling before this with competitive financing targeted a certain areas and not others.

I have this awful feeling that a lot of Bronco Sport sales are now coming from Escape buyers responding

to the strong marketing of Bronco Sport. Lower Mexican build costs of attractive Bronco Sport is even more

reason for Ford to support it over Escape, I just don't see this ending well for Louisville but maybe Escape hybrid

is the one big factor that rebalanced sales...

Edited by jpd80

7 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Escape was struggling before this with competitive financing targeted a certain areas and not others.

I have this awful feeling that a lot of Bronco Sport sales are now coming from Escape buyers responding

to the strong marketing of Bronco Sport.

Definitely we are.  A few months back, we had pretty much decided on getting an Escape PHEV.  Now that the Broncos have been revealed, whole new ballgame.  Still have to sit in a Bronco or Bronco Sport first, but the Escape is now #3 on our list.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

LOL, yeah my brain wasn't awake.

to the strong marketing of Bronco Sport. Lower Mexican build costs of attractive Bronco Sport is even more

reason for Ford to support it over Escape, I just don't see this ending well for Louisville but maybe Escape hybrid

is the one big factor that rebalanced sales...

As is so often the case, Ford won't build what many Dealers want to satisfy their market demand. Case in point is the Escape SE Sport Hybrid. We could sell or lease them all day long but Ford treats them as a controlled commodity and is restricting production to the point where we're lucky if we can get allocation for 1 per month. But they'll build plenty of Titanium Hybrids! Ask Ford why and they'll tell you that they don't make enough profit on the SE. Ford builds what they want to build regardless of what the customer base or Dealers want. And they don't care if they lose customers to the competition. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Case in point is the Escape SE Sport Hybrid. We could sell or lease them all day long but Ford treats them as a controlled commodity and is restricting production to the point where we're lucky if we can get allocation for 1 per month.

Wow, only 1 a month, that's crazy ice-capades sir! As the sweet sport in the 2020 Escape lineup, I always figured SE Sport Hybrid would be in high demand. But with such limited supply, things must be very frustrating for customers and dealerships. When I test drove an Escape SE Sport Hybrid at Autonation Ford, my salesman told me the few SE Sport Hybrids in their allocation sold very quickly. The one I test drove found a customer only a few days later.

Toyota has taken the opposite approach for RAV4. They really promote the hybrid across all trims but especially the lower ones -  LE (base) and XLE (midgrade). XLE Hybrid is pretty similar in terms of features and pricing to Escape SE Sport Hybrid. RAV4 is now the best selling hybrid vehicle in the U.S.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

As is so often the case, Ford won't build what many Dealers want to satisfy their market demand. Case in point is the Escape SE Sport Hybrid. We could sell or lease them all day long but Ford treats them as a controlled commodity and is restricting production to the point where we're lucky if we can get allocation for 1 per month. But they'll build plenty of Titanium Hybrids! Ask Ford why and they'll tell you that they don't make enough profit on the SE. Ford builds what they want to build regardless of what the customer base or Dealers want. And they don't care if they lose customers to the competition. 

It's the same old disconnect with what customers want, I get that Ford wants to maximize profit

but how many times has Ford wounded itself by not listening to dealer feedback on what trims or

combinations are selling. I'm beginning to think you're forecast of Ford's playbook is all too familiar.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 3

I don't know that an Escape customer is interested in buying an awd Bronco Sport. I don't need or want to pay for an awd vehicle. I don't need a boxy vehicle that can fjord a 30 inch deep stream. 

The Sport is a nice vehicle and if I was younger and still downhill skied and still lived in a cold climate, I would buy one. But now the Escape fits my lifestyle better. So Ford is just covering the bases to fit the needs of different lifestyles and likes. Both fill a niche. Furthermore, Ford hasn't announced any plans for a Sport hybrid. I don't know that a hybrid even fits the Bronco image. Time will tell I guess.

I get it that there are a few on here who diss the Escape as if Ford did nothing to improve it, only made it worse. But those of us who own and drive one know better. And I like the Bronco Sport. 

• Like 2

It’s not about dissing the Escape, it’s all about there now being
a choice and for the many owners that now buy AWD over FWD

it is worth considering. The cost difference AWD to AWD models

is not all that much and that will influence some Escape buyers

to switch to what is actually a retro Escape.

. Furthermore, Ford hasn't announced any plans for a Sport hybrid. I don't know that a hybrid even fits the Bronco image. Time will tell I guess.. 

Oh I think we’ll see hybrids for both Bronco and sport but they’ll probably be performance phevs using the Corsair and aviator PHEV Powertrains.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Wow, only 1 a month, that's crazy ice-capades sir! As the sweet sport in the 2020 Escape lineup, I always figured SE Sport Hybrid would be in high demand. But with such limited supply, things must be very frustrating for customers and dealerships. When I test drove an Escape SE Sport Hybrid at Autonation Ford, my salesman told me the few SE Sport Hybrids in their allocation sold very quickly. The one I test drove found a customer only a few days later.

Toyota has taken the opposite approach for RAV4. They really promote the hybrid across all trims but especially the lower ones -  LE (base) and XLE (midgrade). XLE Hybrid is pretty similar in terms of features and pricing to Escape SE Sport Hybrid. RAV4 is now the best selling hybrid vehicle in the U.S.

I just paid $2.05/gal for gas. I know its even cheaper elsewhere-this is a tough road for all hybrids-with these cheap gas prices.

I don't know that an Escape customer is interested in buying an awd Bronco Sport. I don't need or want to pay for an awd vehicle. I don't need a boxy vehicle that can fjord a 30 inch deep stream. 

The Sport is a nice vehicle and if I was younger and still downhill skied and still lived in a cold climate, I would buy one. But now the Escape fits my lifestyle better. So Ford is just covering the bases to fit the needs of different lifestyles and likes. Both fill a niche. Furthermore, Ford hasn't announced any plans for a Sport hybrid. I don't know that a hybrid even fits the Bronco image. Time will tell I guess.

I get it that there are a few on here who diss the Escape as if Ford did nothing to improve it, only made it worse. But those of us who own and drive one know better. And I like the Bronco Sport. 

The Escape is a better vehcile in many respects than the old one-except in looks. It's ugly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

I just paid $2.05/gal for gas. I know its even cheaper elsewhere-this is a tough road for all hybrids-with these cheap gas prices.

Good point CKNSLS sir. For sales success these days, hybrid versions of cars and light trucks have to offer more than just improved fuel efficiency. 2020 Escape SE Sport Hybrid does this very well. Compared to the 3-cylinder SE version, it looks better inside and out, has a much much smoother and quieter powertrain, and doesn't compromise utility. The hybrid version is simply a better Escape overall, well worth the extra money.  RAV4 is like this too, CR-V not so much.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Good point CKNSLS sir. For sales success these days, hybrid versions of cars and light trucks have to offer more than just improved fuel efficiency. 2020 Escape SE Sport Hybrid does this very well. Compared to the 3-cylinder SE version, it looks better inside and out, has a much much smoother and quieter powertrain, and doesn't compromise utility. The hybrid version is simply a better Escape overall, well worth the extra money.  RAV4 is like this too, CR-V not so much.

Don't forget that the Escape Hybrid is a relatively quick vehicle also. When you kick the accelerator down, you get the combined power of the engine and the electric motor. It's far from being underpowered at all. The 650 miles out of a 14 gallon tank is a nice bonus. 

And it's really not so much about the price of gas as much as it is how much you have to gas up. Also it's about being able to travel most of the time in electric mode only. Much quieter and cleaner. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I finally saw a new Ranger in the parking lot at work yesterday. 

Which reminds me,

Rumour is that Maverick pickup will have 2.5 hybrid and 2.0 EB FWD and AWD option

Trims XL, XLT and Lariat like Ranger.

I'm betting Bronco Sport will get the 2.5 hybrid but probably timed with Maverick pickup

Edited by jpd80