Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition

13 hours ago, akirby said:

Ive heard of Senators voting for a bill that they really don’t support but is supported by their constituents because they know the house won’t pass it or vice versa.  We need term limits so Congress can focus on doing the right thing instead of getting themselves re-elected.

Michigan went to term limits years ago and it has not turned out well. Politics in MI has only gotten much worse. Witness the MI militia threatening capital employees in Lansing and showing Whitmer hanging from a noose. With a new new legislature every 2 years in MI, they just have chaos. Good politicians are thrown out with the bad and nothing improves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twintornados said:

Here's the thing about lithium mining vs petroleum based fuel production....lithium can be recycled whereas once fuel from petroleum products in burned, it's gone. Any time you can take a pollutant out of the "transportation equation", it is a good thing.

Example;

Fossil fuel production = pollutants released in the air from the drilling of raw materials, to the refining process to the power generation to the final product of placing a fuel nozzle into the tank of a vehicle, the vehicle moves and that continues the cycle of producing a pollutant into our atmosphere.

Electric fuel production = pollutants released in to air from mining the raw materials for battery construction, to the refining process to power generation but that is where it stops, when you place the electrical "nozzle" into the receptacle of the vehicle, the vehicle moves without putting more pollutants into the atmosphere.

As technology advances, there will be a slow movement toward cleaner electric fuel production whereas with petroleum fuel production it will never get any cleaner.

We are on the precipice of change and market forces will decide that change, not legislation. I am not saying it will happen overnight, but it will happen.

good synopsis....one glitch, in certain parts of the country solar and wind generated energy aren't viable....so good old coal burning plants are still necessary. Another issue...is if eletrification is rammed down out throats...whos footing the bill for the required infrastructure and grid upgrades that will be 100% necessary?.....kinda a paradox if you ask me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Michigan went to term limits years ago and it has not turned out well. Politics in MI has only gotten much worse. Witness the MI militia threatening capital employees in Lansing and showing Whitmer hanging from a noose. With a new new legislature every 2 years in MI, they just have chaos. Good politicians are thrown out with the bad and nothing improves.

It has to be better than allowing folks like Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell to do nothing but fight with each other year after year after year until they die.

wow all these percentage predictions are very optimistic. I live in a rural area and don't see sales of BEV going up much. the ICE will be around a long time, I don't see combines and harvesters being battery powered because you can't be down for hours waiting for it to charge. I see a lot of cars and equipment getting rebuilt over and over if they actually stop building usable vehicles.

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

It has to be better than allowing folks like Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell to do nothing but fight with each other year after year after year until they die.

I would agree with that now. New blood is needed, but not every 2 years or 6 years in the Senate. Ford has a mandatory retirement  age of 65. That sounds good to me. That should include President also. Pelosi, Grassley, Schumer, Feinstein, McConnel are way too old to be running things. They even sound and talk old. Most of all, they THINK old. It's hard to know when your time is up. And they sure haven't figured it out yet. I guess Feinstein FINALLY quit the Judiciary committee. Trump is in the middle stages of mental illness, and thinking about another nightmarish run in 2024. So that is America, run by those not many years away from long term care or mental wing of hospital.

There's a pretty good chance that lithium mining might radically change for the better and move completely away from the destructive mining practices currently used in China and elsewhere. Even better news, the reserves are in the U.S., UK, and elsewhere. It's known as lithium from brine. Read about it here, good stuff: 

https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/projects/arkansas-smackover-lithium-project/#:~:text=The Arkansas Smackover lithium project is located in southern Arkansas,lithium project in June 2019.

Edited by Harley Lover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

Michigan is a goddamn disaster

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You would think... at least nothing gets done on the federal level. Meanwhile our state is governed by a governor who things she's a supreme ruler and the state constitution means nothing to her. 

• Like 1

I would agree with that now. New blood is needed, but not every 2 years or 6 years in the Senate. Ford has a mandatory retirement  age of 65. That sounds good to me. That should include President also. Pelosi, Grassley, Schumer, Feinstein, McConnel are way too old to be running things. They even sound and talk old. Most of all, they THINK old. It's hard to know when your time is up. And they sure haven't figured it out yet. I guess Feinstein FINALLY quit the Judiciary committee. Trump is in the middle stages of mental illness, and thinking about another nightmarish run in 2024. So that is America, run by those not many years away from long term care or mental wing of hospital.

Term limits doesn't mean 1 term.  President is 2 terms.  I think 8 years is enough for anybody whatever that works out to for terms.

A 2 term limit in the senate would be fine. If you can't get anything done in 12 years you don't deserve to keep your seat. The house is too short of a term to limit it to two, it should be at least 4. 

16 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Michigan is a goddamn disaster

For you Michiganders, the reason we have term limits is because of one man, Dominic Jacobetti, who held office for 39 years!  Google his name and read the Wikipedia article.  I lived in the UP in the 70's and 80's and Jacobetti was a good example of how absolute power corrupts absolutely.  

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You would think... at least nothing gets done on the federal level. Meanwhile our state is governed by a governor who things she's a supreme ruler and the state constitution means nothing to her. 

So you think bars should remain open late at nite with young people all drunked up to become superspreaders? Or how about jammed movie theaters, bars masquerading as restaurants called "bars and grills", jammed sport arenas, and so on. Luckily it looks like construction sites and most manufacturing plants are remaining open this round, but hospitals are now overwhelmed and in many areas can no longer take care of noncovid patients. Fall off a ladder, nailgun your leg, cut your artery, have a heart attack....good luck to all of us.

Now Whitmer wasn't elected to play golf every frickin weekend, stand around and do NOTHING about a health crisis, and spend all her time talking about rigged elections. Governors have to do it all now as no direction comes from Washington. Thank god we have so many responsible governors excepting crazy as DeSantis.

31 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

So you think bars should remain open late at nite with young people all drunked up to become superspreaders? Or how about jammed movie theaters, bars masquerading as restaurants called "bars and grills", jammed sport arenas, and so on. Luckily it looks like construction sites and most manufacturing plants are remaining open this round, but hospitals are now overwhelmed and in many areas can no longer take care of noncovid patients. Fall off a ladder, nailgun your leg, cut your artery, have a heart attack....good luck to all of us.

Now Whitmer wasn't elected to play golf every frickin weekend, stand around and do NOTHING about a health crisis, and spend all her time talking about rigged elections. Governors have to do it all now as no direction comes from Washington. Thank god we have so many responsible governors excepting crazy as DeSantis.

I didn't think to break your quote up into pieces so I'll address everything point by point:

The government should not be DICTATING which businesses should and should not shut down. Period. That's how you kill small business and that's exactly what is happening. Lay out the guidelines and let them handle it. 

Show me also that hospitals are overwhelmed. Hasn't happened since April. 

And finally, oh boo hoo, Trump laid the responsibilities onto the states rather than doing what all you leftists say he is and be a dictator. That's called Federalism. That's how things are supposed to work in this country. Yes, he should have had a more unified message instead of being purposely defiant to spite the media. I hate the media too but that was not the time to be petty. 

My hatred for Gretchen goes way beyond  covid orders. Look up how she completely bypassed the legislature to fund her road construction plans (some of which for roads that don't even need to be rebuilt BTW) via an unelected panel. Everything she has done since taking office has been unconstitutional. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

This goes way beyond her covid orders. Look up how she completely bypassed the legislature to fund her road construction plans via an unelected panel. Everything she has done since taking office has been unconstitutional. 

Wow. Just wow. I lived in MI for 69 years and spent thousands on auto repairs due to terrible roads. For decades the MI legislature did NOTHING to really improve the roads as the roadbed got worse. Now Whitmer tries to circumvent the do nothing legislature and get the damn roads fixed, and Michiganders are upset. I now live in FL and while some rural roads are funky, what a difference. It's like night and day. Maybe MI deserves what it gets.

2 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Wow. Just wow. I lived in MI for 69 years and spent thousands on auto repairs due to terrible roads. For decades the MI legislature did NOTHING to really improve the roads as the roadbed got worse. Now Whitmer tries to circumvent the do nothing legislature and get the damn roads fixed, and Michiganders are upset. I now live in FL and while some rural roads are funky, what a difference. It's like night and day. Maybe MI deserves what it gets.

Yes. Because she lied and said she wouldn't raise the gas tax. First month in office she tried to raise it by 49¢/gallon. Then she circumvented every check and balance to a rubber stamp unelected board to fix roads that most of which aren't even close to the worst ones that need addressing. That's shut that I would expect in a dictatorship, not the USA. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

46 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

For you Michiganders, the reason we have term limits is because of one man, Dominic Jacobetti, who held office for 39 years!  Google his name and read the Wikipedia article.  I lived in the UP in the 70's and 80's and Jacobetti was a good example of how absolute power corrupts absolutely.  

Like Coleman Young... 

23 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Like Coleman Young... 

And John Engler who put the mentally ill in the street and took a top 10 state public school system and dropped it into the bottom 10. Also ended many adult education programs along with voc. ed. If it wasn't a federal program, Engler would have ended special ed. also. 

Where did John Engler end up? President of Michigan State University where he was fired during the Larry Nasser fiasco. God knows how many lives Nasser damaged forever. 

There you have it....a great state that turned into a state rated just above Mississippi in most categories. Throw in the terrible MI winters and not sure why Ford stays there. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I didn't think to break your quote up into pieces so I'll address everything point by point:

The government should not be DICTATING which businesses should and should not shut down. Period. That's how you kill small business and that's exactly what is happening. Lay out the guidelines and let them handle it. 

Show me also that hospitals are overwhelmed. Hasn't happened since April. 

And finally, oh boo hoo, Trump laid the responsibilities onto the states rather than doing what all you leftists say he is and be a dictator. That's called Federalism. That's how things are supposed to work in this country. Yes, he should have had a more unified message instead of being purposely defiant to spite the media. I hate the media too but that was not the time to be petty. 

My hatred for Gretchen goes way beyond  covid orders. Look up how she completely bypassed the legislature to fund her road construction plans (some of which for roads that don't even need to be rebuilt BTW) via an unelected panel. Everything she has done since taking office has been unconstitutional. 

You are 100% correct.  She really is a national embarrassment.  Plus she looks psychotic (well she is so I guess that follows).  Like something out of The Adam’s Family.  

All of these states with draconian lockdowns are doing nothing but showing the people that they are in control.  They don’t want the virus to go away. They want it around so they can wield all of this power.  They lie to us and then act on those lies. It’s just one big power grab to push their agenda.  

There’s a reason there was plot to have her taken out.  People are tired of her 

3 hours ago, hoss96racing said:

wow all these percentage predictions are very optimistic. I live in a rural area and don't see sales of BEV going up much. the ICE will be around a long time, I don't see combines and harvesters being battery powered because you can't be down for hours waiting for it to charge. I see a lot of cars and equipment getting rebuilt over and over if they actually stop building usable vehicles.

Ugh. Try to break free from the politics again...

This example is a perfect reason that Fuel Cells will be a viable option in the future. I know that some around here call them "Fool Cells" but they do have their place and are ZEV.

17 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Throw in the terrible MI winters and not sure why Ford stays there. 

Probably the same reason why businesses stupidly stay in California.  

Although HP is moving to the great state of Texas.  Hopefully we see more of that.  The one area we have more power than these disgusting politicians is money.   And businesses fleeing will result in change 

15 minutes ago, FR739 said:

Although HP is moving to the great state of Texas.  Hopefully we see more of that.

I found that move somewhat fitting.  When Compaq existed, it was in Houston TX.  Then HP bought them.  And now HP is back in Texas.

I used to work for a place that sold and I serviced a lot of Compaq servers back in the day...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FR739 said:

Probably the same reason why businesses stupidly stay in California.  

Although HP is moving to the great state of Texas.  Hopefully we see more of that.  The one area we have more power than these disgusting politicians is money.   And businesses fleeing will result in change 

Until they turn Texas blue.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valve said:

I know that some around here call them "Fool Cells" but they do have their place and are ZEV.

For passenger cars and light trucks, they are fool cells. For military and commercial applications they may be more viable. Ford is being smart with fuel cell technology. They're doing research with universities like UCLA on it, but in terms of developing ZEV passenger cars and light trucks, they seem to be all in on BEV like Mustang Mach-E, Transit EV, and BEV F-150.