rmc523

Ford April 2021 Sales Results

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Ok, $70 pallets or $200 tables!

Do they come with a Lincoln badge........(j/k)

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Do they come with a Lincoln badge........(j/k)

well 2x4s are up to $10.29. They’re gonna be coming with a Bentley badge soon. 

14 hours ago, akirby said:

Ok, $70 pallets or $200 tables!

Getting there, akirby. Now, to adjust the all-wood table costs!

https://www.furnitureacademy.com/solid-wood-furniture-cost/

"The average price of solid wood furniture can range anywhere from $299 – $5,000 depending on the size, craftsmanship, and materials." 

6 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Getting there, akirby. Now, to adjust the all-wood table costs!

https://www.furnitureacademy.com/solid-wood-furniture-cost/

"The average price of solid wood furniture can range anywhere from $299 – $5,000 depending on the size, craftsmanship, and materials." 

I build furniture and I’m building a set of hardwood end and coffe tables right now for about $350 for all 3.  Luckily hardwood prices have not budged much - certainly not as much as construction lumber.

37 minutes ago, akirby said:

I build furniture and I’m building a set of hardwood end and coffe tables right now for about $350 for all 3.  Luckily hardwood prices have not budged much - certainly not as much as construction lumber.

Sadly, I’m in the process of building a house right now.  It’s sickening how expensive the construction lumber has gotten.  The hardwoods are starting to move now too.  My hardwood floor package went up about $2k over the last three months.  

4 minutes ago, tbone said:

Sadly, I’m in the process of building a house right now.  It’s sickening how expensive the construction lumber has gotten.  The hardwoods are starting to move now too.  My hardwood floor package went up about $2k over the last three months.  

I've heard that home prices are up $24K on average just due to lumber costs.  Crazy.

On 5/4/2021 at 7:34 PM, rmc523 said:

Unfortunately, with inventory issues looming, we're likely to see numbers hit a wall in the next few months.

Yeah, my local small town dealer is down to almost zero new vehicles to sell.  He cannot get anything in right now and has not been allocated much over the next couple of months.  He has 5 F150's coming and three are already sold.  They are now buying auction vehicles to sell and the prices of them have gone up since everyone else is having the same issues! 

4 hours ago, akirby said:

I've heard that home prices are up $24K on average just due to lumber costs.  Crazy.

In my case it is definitely higher than that, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the average price is higher than that, as well. 

Edited by tbone

3 hours ago, danglin said:

Yeah, my local small town dealer is down to almost zero new vehicles to sell.  He cannot get anything in right now and has not been allocated much over the next couple of months.  He has 5 F150's coming and three are already sold.  They are now buying auction vehicles to sell and the prices of them have gone up since everyone else is having the same issues! 

My dealer has 55 new units on the ground. They usually have 190-205. They only have seven F150s.