coolaqua

Why Isn't Ford.com current for 2022?

As a retired employee of a major aerospace company, I'm dumbfounded that Ford management isn't able to even manage having a current version of Ford.com that can be used to build a 2022 vehicle.  This trivial software revision is probably one that an entry level programmer could update in a few days.  Ford management seems to be missing in action on this subject.  Management isn't that hard.  Just tell your employees to get it done!

It’s not necessarily incompetence.  They usually don’t put up new vehicles until the previous models have been sold and the new ones are in stock at dealers.

I think there is fair criticism that can be levied at Ford for a lot of things, but I don't think Ford has historically opened up there website this early for the next year's model. Having said that, I do agree that they should step up the quality of the services on their website. The Ford order tracker is horrible. Canadians can't look up the status of their vehicles, and Americans can't get accurate information from the tracker. Tesla provides buyers with better tracking information, so an American staple surely should be able to do the same.

What Ford has historically done in the past doesn't really apply to the current situation.  Before he moved to Ford, Alan Mullaly coined a phrase when he was at Boeing called a "paradigm shift".  So just since Ford hasn't historically opened up the Ford.com until later in the year really has no bearing to the current situation.  You cannot order a 2021 Ford anymore.  There's long threads on this website of people trying to track or order 2022 Fords.  Ford needs to adjust to this reality.  People are managing to order buy Fords in spite of the lack of help from Ford itself.  Ford management needs a Paradigm shift.    

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, coolaqua said:

What Ford has historically done in the past doesn't really apply to the current situation.  Before he moved to Ford, Alan Mullaly coined a phrase when he was at Boeing called a "paradigm shift".  So just since Ford hasn't historically opened up the Ford.com until later in the year really has no bearing to the current situation.  You cannot order a 2021 Ford anymore.  There's long threads on this website of people trying to track or order 2022 Fords.  Ford needs to adjust to this reality.  People are managing to order buy Fords in spite of the lack of help from Ford itself.  Ford management needs a Paradigm shift.    

That's news to me that 2021 can't be ordered. Historical context matters, so I don't get your point. I'm aware that Ford gas stopped pulling orders, but I know folks that have ordered trucks as recently as last week. How recent are you talking about with regard to people not being able to order 2021s?

Edited by succeed23

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, coolaqua said:

There's long threads on this website of people trying to track or order 2022 Fords.  

No there isn't.

There are currently 0 plants building 2022s right  now. Hell, the way things are going with this chip shortage we can barely build 2021s. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No there isn't.

There are currently 0 plants building 2022s right  now. Hell, the way things are going with this chip shortage we can barely build 2021s. 

Haha. I didn't realize he said that. 

On 5/14/2021 at 9:48 PM, coolaqua said:

There's no such thing as "later in the year".  Every vehicle has it's own schedule.  Some debut in January or March or June or December.   You can't order directly from Ford anyway and the dealers have all the ordering information, so it doesn't stop anyone from placing an order.   The order guides are available here.

What Ford doesn't want to do is advertise the new models while there are a lot of previous models still on dealer lots.   That's reality.

You're also overestimating the number of folks that special order a brand new model year vehicle  before it hits dealers.  That's a tiny tiny percentage (not counting Bronco and Mach-E).

Posted (edited)

IMO if 21 production ends soon, 22MY build and price tools should be available. It was aggravating having to rely on a salesman's word of what was available, compatible, etc...when I could have done my own hw in advance.

Edited by Bluezilla

15 minutes ago, Bluezilla said:

IMO if 21 production ends soon, 22MY build and price tools should be available. It was aggravating having to rely on a salesman's word of what was available, compatible, etc...when I could have done my own hw in advance.

The order guides are the definitive source of that information and they are posted here usually as soon as the order banks open.

I saw, I wish I would have stumbled on this site sooner!