2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

13 minutes ago, danielj said:

If you do not get a confirmation email then the dealer did not put your email in the order. It took me months before I was able to get the right person at the dealership to pull it up in front of me. After asking my sales guy for months to put it on my order and being told it already is when it wasn't.

Not entirely true. I did not receive an order confirmation email but I received a “Has been scheduled” email. 

• Like 2

Ordered on 12-4-21 and confirmed, 12-9-21 email with scheduled for build of 1-31-22 plus the vin number. As of today no window sticker, getting excited for the truck. I know that this was a quick turn around, compared to others on here. I’ve tried to check on it with the vin number but cannot get this to work? Vin number ends with D58117, good luck to others with this coming weeks build. I’m only 60 minutes from the plant, would love to see them build my truck?? If this is possible, anyone on the inside, connect with me.

I came close to pulling the trigger on a Ram cumins, they were giving better on trade and the truck was on the lot.  I couldn’t do it - I’ve been running Ford trucks and mustang’s long enough to know I’d regret it.  So I’m for the wait.  I ordered a grey 250 Lariat, UTT, 5th wheel prep, liner, folding bed cover, and passed on AS.  I ordered on 3 December and received confirmation email on 14 December.  So this is going to be a long wait.  

13 minutes ago, Joshkbird said:

What do you think will delay these trucks longer the tonneau cover or tremor package. My dealer Told me the tremor would add a longer build time but the tonneau cover would not. I’m torn on which to get. 

I haven't heard anything about the tremor package delaying any trucks. I have read that people said their dealer told them the tonneau cover would delay it. Of course this is all hearsay and should be taken with a grain of salt. If it doesn't come directly from someone that had something to do with the order or build process I wouldn't believe anything they say.

1 hour ago, TheFatInTheHat said:

I haven't heard anything about the tremor package delaying any trucks. I have read that people said their dealer told them the tonneau cover would delay it. Of course this is all hearsay and should be taken with a grain of salt. If it doesn't come directly from someone that had something to do with the order or build process I wouldn't believe anything they say.

Get rid of the Ford cover and just go withe Retrax aftermarket. They have a model that lets you use your stake pockets the Ford one does not. The Ford cover is made by them anyway.

1 hour ago, Cfangue said:

Finally getting a chance to post my update. Took possession on 1/18/22 after being ordered since 4/10/21.

So worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted. I absolutely love this truck.

IMG_0360.jpg

That’s what I’m talking about! Sweet! 

Leveling kit or lift? 35s or 37s? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cfangue said:

Finally getting a chance to post my update. Took possession on 1/18/22 after being ordered since 4/10/21.

So worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted. I absolutely love this truck.

Congrats on finally getting your new truck, looks fantastic.  Looks like you swapped out the front air dam for Tremor or 2-wheel drive version, is that correct?  What % is your front window tint?  Looks lifted but someone else already asked that.  Enjoy...

787Toolman

If you're keeping up with national news, you've heard of the Canadian trucker convoy that is protesting against the mask and vaccine mandates in Canada.  I wonder if Super Duty parts or anything that goes into the build of Super Duty trucks will be impacted?  I know everyone has their respective views on masks, vaccines and mandates, I don't want to debate that as that can be a viscous mudslinging event, seen it at work and everywhere.  I'm just wondering if the truck convoy will contribute to more Super Duty delays or supply chain issues?

787Toolman

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

If you're keeping up with national news, you've heard of the Canadian trucker convoy that is protesting against the mask and vaccine mandates in Canada.  I wonder if Super Duty parts or anything that goes into the build of Super Duty trucks will be impacted?  I know everyone has their respective views on masks, vaccines and mandates, I don't want to debate that as that can be a viscous mudslinging event, seen it at work and everywhere.  I'm just wondering if the truck convoy will contribute to more Super Duty delays or supply chain issues?

787Toolman

Canadian here - I can't see the protest affecting things too much for supply.  85-90% of Canadian truckers are fully vaccinated and I've heard the bigger trucking companies have just adjusted the workload of their unvaccinated drivers to domestic and trans-border is being taken care of by the vaccinated drivers.   I can see Canada's 14 day quarantine maybe affecting the unvaccinated US drivers coming into Canada, but that's been in place since mid-Jan and I haven't heard too much about any disruption.

Here’s a question for the folks that know how to check Vin numbers? From the Ford email sent to me for the scheduled build, my vin number comes up as not a good number? If anyone can check it out for me, here it is. 1FT8W3AN1NED58117 Would like to see the window sticker? Thanks for this site.

Edited by 35FordTudor
Dropped a letter in the vin #

35 minutes ago, 35FordTudor said:

Here’s a question for the folks that know how to check Vin numbers? From the Ford email sent to me for the scheduled build, my vin number comes up as not a good number? If anyone can check it out for me, here it is. 1FT8W3N1NED58117 Would like to see the window sticker? Thanks for this site.

you are missing a digit somewhere.  VIN numbers are 17 characters 

• Like 1