2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

48 minutes ago, sjmcken81 said:

I read awhile back about somebody doing this over a Bronco retail order going bad and the dealership trying to put an ADM on an order.  The guy went to social media and blasted the dealership, and so did others who were sympathetic to his plight.

The dealership sued him for Libel and public Defamation, 

That person is here and that’s not exactly true.  The issue was leaving fake Google reviews and while a lawsuit was threatened it was never filed and that person has a 2022 on order with the same dealer as we type.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, OldManJax said:

Is there something wrong with the order look up site?  I keep putting in my order number and VIN and it just sits there.  

It has been doing the same thing for me all day but just a few minutes ago I was able to get it to work.  I think I just left the browser window open and it eventually loaded.

I am so confused by all of the randomness of how this works. I ordered 1/8/22 no emails, no nothing from Ford. Reached out to the dealer on 1/19/22 to verify that my order/information was input. Got an email from them that it was, also a screenshot showing my VIN, order number and build date of 2/28/22. Nothing further, so I did a online chat with Ford on Friday, they confirmed all of the above except build date. I figure I will contact the dealer Friday and see what they have as an update if I done hear anything.  

crazy though that others have emails from Ford confirming things but no VIN or estimated build date.

does anyone have the number for Ford Marketing, figure I will call them as well for an update and ask about the elusive PCO.

33 minutes ago, Rogue6 said:

I am so confused by all of the randomness of how this works. I ordered 1/8/22 no emails, no nothing from Ford. Reached out to the dealer on 1/19/22 to verify that my order/information was input. Got an email from them that it was, also a screenshot showing my VIN, order number and build date of 2/28/22. Nothing further, so I did a online chat with Ford on Friday, they confirmed all of the above except build date. I figure I will contact the dealer Friday and see what they have as an update if I done hear anything.  

crazy though that others have emails from Ford confirming things but no VIN or estimated build date.

does anyone have the number for Ford Marketing, figure I will call them as well for an update and ask about the elusive PCO.

Its not random.  Your dealer never confirmed your order with your email.

1 hour ago, Rogue6 said:

Ford marketing # 18003344375

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

Now they tell me that xplan doesn’t have price protection on the 250.00 because I changed the options. Is there a number for ford corporate?

Not sure about the xplan but when I added ACC to my order after the price increase back in December I had to resign a new build sheet and the base price went up.  I thought I would have been locked in too.  The sales manager said he would help out in some way when the truck is delivered.  We will see

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Its not random.  Your dealer never confirmed your order with your email.

So just got off the phone with marketing, my email was entered wrong, so dumb, I have been emailing the dealer and they have been responding.  It’s  fixed now, hopefully.

No PCO.  

4 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

Went to pick up my truck. They turned out to be a scumbag dealership. Offered me almost 7k under market for my trade. Refused to move. Told me that he would give me my money back. He said that I can sell my truck and come back with cash. He said that x-plan is basically something they do as goodwill. I knew this would happen. These dealerships are total scum. So now I waited 7 months for nothing. They also told me that they would never sell a Ram and that it would just lose them money at wholesale. 

Call your credit union get a check for the price of the truck,  pay them and move on. Then list your "trade" on facebook marketplace for $45k and be done with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogue6 said:

So just got off the phone with marketing, my email was entered wrong, so dumb, I have been emailing the dealer and they have been responding.  It’s  fixed now, hopefully.

No PCO.  

I just had to contact the dealership to make sure my email was correct.  I don’t think it was.  I never got an email telling me the VIN or production date.  I had to call and ask them what the status was and they gave me the information.  

Spoke to my attorney. They can’t sue me for anything. No different than a bad Yelp review. Especially if what they are doing is true. Can someone confirm the 100.00 xplan fee limit. They are trying to now tell me the dealer fees are 275.00 as per nj law. Xplan site says 100.00. Maybe one of the mods can confirm the 100.00. 

I really got a terrible dealer 

they can’t even get me a price to give my credit union. They tried to act like the price was not changed but it clearly was raised. So awful. 

15 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

Spoke to my attorney. They can’t sue me for anything. No different than a bad Yelp review. Especially if what they are doing is true. Can someone confirm the 100.00 xplan fee limit. They are trying to now tell me the dealer fees are 275.00 as per nj law. Xplan site says 100.00. Maybe one of the mods can confirm the 100.00. 

they can’t even get me a price to give my credit union. They tried to act like the price was not changed but it clearly was raised. So awful. 

I just don't understand why so many dealers are but such jerks. So many of us have waited months to get build dates I am on month 10 my build date is month 11 and I hopefully will get it by April 19th that is 1 year since I ordered my F450 XLT. I AM SO LUCKY to have a dealership that cares so much about their loyal customers like mine does. 

5 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

They can sue and likely will, even if it’s true…that said, they could lose or have the lawsuit thrown out.  But, it will still cost you time and money getting a lawyer and going to court.

The best way back at them is get your truck, so they can’t sell it to someone else at a substantial markup, which is what They want.

So, I was so frustrated with the dealership where I originally placed my order, I decided to go on  DealerRater.com to give a review. The dealership replied immediately, and to a small degree corrected the issue… for only a few days, then went right back to their incompetent ways. I then updated my review to one star. Again they replied, but everything they were saying was public, so I provided facts also for the public to read. I never thought about them suing me, but in a deep-pocket litigious society, I guess you never know. 

The absolute best thing I did was walk away from them and placed a new order. I didn’t care how long it took as long as I wasn’t dealing with them. To my surprise I got a production email 9 days after I placed my order. Call it luck, karma or dealer allocation it doesn’t matter, what they couldn’t do I two months happened in 9 days at the new dealership! 

And at the advice of @ice-capades I canceled the order with the first dealership so they could potentially face administrative punishment from Ford if they accepted delivery and sold it to another customer. That would be the best revenge!

The x plan rules are easy to find and read. The $100 limit is addressed. The plan says that ford will pick up the addition fee over the $100 amount. The dealer I used tried to do the same to me. I put the printed plan in his face. The dealer kept saying he had to treat all customers the same per law. I pointed out that ford would reimburse the difference. Finally just to shut me up he knocked off the differenceon the purchase price which was good enough for me.

I feel for you man, terrible situation to be in after a long wait. I’m sure you have tried this already but I would try meet with the general manager of the dealership without the salesmen present. 

Not sure if it would help your trade in appraisal but may help with X plan details and the price protection piece.

The dealership I am dealing with I feel was genuinely unaware of this price protection due to the uncharted territories with orders hanging out as long as they are. They showed me the email where they reached out to the Ford zone manager for the region I’m in showing he verified my order had price protection from both the Dec increase and the one happening tomorrow. 

Sending good vibes your way brother. 

Commenting on how dealerships are gouging customers - I definitely got burned on this 2022, no two ways around it.  And it’s wrong.  Today I went down to the same dealership to pick up fuel additive for those low northern temps (6.7) and I’m going by the book.  While there I chatted with employees I’ve known since 2004, having my trucks and cars serviced there (2 F250’s and 2 mustang’s).  While there I was notified by the front office that my temp title and registration came in and had me sign for them.  During the process, they thanked me for the business and their job.  Got to say here, I’m not happy with $5k over invoice, not letting me use my x plan, shorting me $2.5k on trade - but, in some weird way I feel better knowing the folks behind the service counters are keeping their jobs.  Back when I had left the service and was landing on my feet after 26 years, those service folks saved me money on repairs (went there for second opinion on big $ repair and discovered it was only half as much as the other dealership quoted and they set me up on a Ford credit program to pay the repair).  Since then they have always provided total quality care since 2004.  So there, I may be shell shocked but I feel  a little better and I love this 2022 F250 6.7 Platinum Tremor.  They definitely know how to make trucks.  

Would love to get your thoughts/advice on this. Recently ordered a 250 from a dealership that I later learned had a bad reputation of taking advantage of customers. Additionally they added $1k in tinting and LoJack fees that I didn’t want but were non-negotiable. I called to cancel my order (placed a new order at a high volume President’s award dealership) and the salesman insisted I keep the order. I told him that defeats the purpose of Ford’s COVP and it felt dishonest to keep an order I had no intention of buying. He flat out told me that retail orders are the only way they get inventory and that they needed the truck I ordered. Based on their website they are marking up MSRP by at least $10-$15k. I don’t want them to get away with these tactics, is there a channel to notify Ford about what this dealership is trying to pull and to make sure my order gets cancelled? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KMac82 said:

Would love to get your thoughts/advice on this. Recently ordered a 250 from a dealership that I later learned had a bad reputation of taking advantage of customers. Additionally they added $1k in tinting and LoJack fees that I didn’t want but were non-negotiable. I called to cancel my order (placed a new order at a high volume President’s award dealership) and the salesman insisted I keep the order. I told him that defeats the purpose of Ford’s COVP and it felt dishonest to keep an order I had no intention of buying. He flat out told me that retail orders are the only way they get inventory and that they needed the truck I ordered. Based on their website they are marking up MSRP by at least $10-$15k. I don’t want them to get away with these tactics, is there a channel to notify Ford about what this dealership is trying to pull and to make sure my order gets cancelled? 

I sent the cancellation in writing to the sales rep, sales manager and GM with the exact reason I was canceling for the same reason you don’t want them to get the truck. Per ice-capades, if it is a COVP verified order and they take delivery and sell it to another customer after you provided notification of cancellation, the dealership is in violation with Ford. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

I sent the cancellation in writing to the sales rep, sales manager and GM with the exact reason I was canceling for the same reason you don’t want them to get the truck. Per ice-capades, if it is a COVP verified order and they take delivery and sell it to another customer after you provided notification of cancellation, the dealership is in violation with Ford. 

Just for clarification, there is a process that Dealers have to go through when a customer cancels a scheduled retail order. A scheduled order, regardless of the order type (Stock, Retail, Plan, etc.) cannot be cancelled. The written cancellation notice from the customer has to be submitted to the COVP system for documentation as part of the COVP compliance requirements. As part of the COVP program, there's a "Name Match" feature that checks to see if the name on the order matches the name of the buyer when the sale is reported to Ford. Without documentation of the retail customer's cancellation of the COVP verified order, the Dealer would then be in violation of the COVP program rules when the vehicle is sold, delivered and reported to a different buyer. There's a reporting system in place so that Dealers can monitor their compliance. The COVP rules specify the penalties for the 1st and any additional violations and include loss of allocation, allocation chargeback and expulsion from the COVP program. As long as the Dealer complies with all the COVP program rules, they are free to sell and deliver the vehicle to another customer without penalty.

While there's merit to the COVP program, it's another labor and time requirement at the dealership level to provide the proper documentation, reporting, etc. to ensure compliance. It's another example of Ford executives in Dearborn creating programs that place another burden and expense on dealership operations although with COVP and other programs, Ford is holding Dealers responsible and accountable to conduct business in a professional manner.

Hope this helps answer any other questions some might have.      

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Because they want to make the buyer walk away from the deal so they can sell it way above MSRP.

I hadn't thought about that.  Glad I sold my truck outright.  I know I'll lose some on sales tax but I got WAY MORE than I would have gotten for a trade in selling outright.