2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

32 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

So, here's a question. I had a fleet order. I placed a $1k deposit on it. After 8 months it was not scheduled so I cancelled (emailed salesman) the order and got my $1k back. If the truck comes in, can I go to the dealership and still buy it at the price I ordered it for? I mean if they didn't cancel it it's still my order.. right? Would the dealership get in trouble with Ford for not cancelling orders and using them for dealer stock? 

Fleet orders have nothing to do with the COVP verified order program. Fleet orders have a totally different ordering, priority and scheduling process.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, posh said:

Talked to my dealer today.  No updates from his side, but he was able to update my priority to 10.  He said this used to mean more, but at the moment, unless regional/corporate updates lower than 10, anything between 10-19 is essentially same priority.

Big deal that your order was "able" to change your order priority code to 10! It only takes about two clicks of a mouse to make the change. It sounds like they're making a big deal about it and that it took some effort on their part. Orders with priority code 10-19 aren't necessarily the same as it depends on how many orders have the same priority code as yours and their original order dates and any controlled commodities are included. 

How long after ordering does your order show up to Ford? I ordered my F-250 Tremor on 2/10 and got the email from Ford, as well as a order code. I was on the phone with Ford marketing today asking about PCO and asked her to check on my order out of curiosity to see if anything had shown up yet and she said she can’t see anything in her system but to try again in a few days since it was so soon since ordering.

1 hour ago, sschamberland said:

I placed my order 12/6/21 for F350 Lariat Tremor. I visited my dealer today and they shared the following message from Ford.

On Super Duty, we have key commodities that are restricted to retail only. In order to expedite delivery times, customers may consider removing:

• Spray -in bedliner - wait time: 27 weeks
  • 5th Wheel Prep Package - wait time: 27 weeks
  • Active/Adaptive steering - wait time: 20 weeks
  • Tonneau Covers - wait time: 25 weeks
  • D3IGL Continental Tire (Standard Tire for F450) - Wait time: 27 weeks.

I removed my spray in bedliner and 5th wheel prep. 

Let's see if this helps move this order!

The commodity restraints information has been available for months now, in particular the restriction for retail order scheduling only as I've posted long ago in the "Scheduling Notes" section.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brandon966 said:
How long after ordering does your order show up to Ford? I ordered my F-250 Tremor on 2/10 and got the email from Ford, as well as a order code. I was on the phone with Ford marketing today asking about PCO and asked her to check on my order out of curiosity to see if anything had shown up yet and she said she can’t see anything in her system but to try again in a few days since it was so soon since ordering.

Once the order is submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), it shows in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system immediately, without delay, and will show the entire order history, scheduling, production and shipping updates with every status change until the vehicle is delivered to the dealership. 

13 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Once the order is submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), it shows in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system immediately, without delay, and will show the entire order history, scheduling, production and shipping updates with every status change until the vehicle is delivered to the dealership. 

So I'm guessing there is a delay between when my dealer ordered the truck and when the order shows up in the USOB, or did the customer service rep on the phone not actually look at the visibility reporting system? Just trying to make sure I didn't start off my ordering process with a hiccup, although I'm sure since I have the confirmation email and order code from my dealer (Granger) its probably fine.

14 minutes ago, Brandon966 said:

So I'm guessing there is a delay between when my dealer ordered the truck and when the order shows up in the USOB, or did the customer service rep on the phone not actually look at the visibility reporting system? Just trying to make sure I didn't start off my ordering process with a hiccup, although I'm sure since I have the confirmation email and order code from my dealer (Granger) its probably fine.

If you got the confirmation e-mail from Ford then there shouldn't be a problem. Sounds like the Ford representative didn't know how to access the order. So why did you call Ford? 

25 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

If you got the confirmation e-mail from Ford then there shouldn't be a problem. Sounds like the Ford representative didn't know how to access the order. So why did you call Ford? 

I wanted to order a print Super Duty brochure for me and my 5yr old son to look at, and to see if there were any PCO's with my name on them (seen one in my Ford pass app in the past just couldn't remember the date).

• Like 1

There isn’t any accountability for anyone. I sold my truck to Carmax and went back to the dealer. They used a bait and switch tactic that is illegal but Ford doesn’t care. They ordered my truck claiming it was an x-plan order. They tried to kill the deal repeatedly so they could sell it out from under me. They didn’t file xplan paperwork but told me it was xplan. They pointed and said “that’s the xplan price” but they won’t be held for violations because they never produced any paperwork. They refused to show me xplan paperwork and denied the rules. They took my pin and pretended it was xplan though. I was charged 275 in fees that they refused to go to 100 on. They also added a 299.00 security charge which they refused to remove. They didn’t honor the price protection. I signed for it. I had no choice. I already sold my truck and the sales manager just threatened to “kill the deal” if I didn’t agree. I still have to go back to pick it up with my cashiers check. I’ll file a complaint with ford that will go nowhere. Never again Ford. Never again. Worst time of my life. Spent almost 70 grand and they treated me like a criminal. Good luck to everyone else. 

• Angry 4

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Fleet orders have nothing to do with the COVP verified order program. Fleet orders have a totally different ordering, priority and scheduling process.  

You keep reminding me of that (4th/5th time now?) I did not mention COVP verified order program. I asked about a fleet order. Is this tread just for retail orders? If it is, I have wasted 7 months following it.

21 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

You keep reminding me of that (4th/5th time now?) I did not mention COVP verified order program. I asked about a fleet order. Is this tread just for retail orders? If it is, I have wasted 7 months following it.

Hate to say this but Ford seems to have been completely ignoring ANY vehicles ordered under FIN codes.....have no idea why....my Fleet orders have been sitting for some time now...and no vins...

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

There isn’t any accountability for anyone. I sold my truck to Carmax and went back to the dealer. They used a bait and switch tactic that is illegal but Ford doesn’t care. They ordered my truck claiming it was an x-plan order. They tried to kill the deal repeatedly so they could sell it out from under me. They didn’t file xplan paperwork but told me it was xplan. They pointed and said “that’s the xplan price” but they won’t be held for violations because they never produced any paperwork. They refused to show me xplan paperwork and denied the rules. They took my pin and pretended it was xplan though. I was charged 275 in fees that they refused to go to 100 on. They also added a 299.00 security charge which they refused to remove. They didn’t honor the price protection. I signed for it. I had no choice. I already sold my truck and the sales manager just threatened to “kill the deal” if I didn’t agree. I still have to go back to pick it up with my cashiers check. I’ll file a complaint with ford that will go nowhere. Never again Ford. Never again. Worst time of my life. Spent almost 70 grand and they treated me like a criminal. Good luck to everyone else. 

That is 100% on the dealer and I would expect that Ford would do something to make it right. They absolutely just didn't want you to buy that truck so they could sell it with a market adjustment.

1 hour ago, Beefmaster said:

I think the point that icecapades was trying to make is Only Retail COVP orders are tied to a name that’s enforced by Ford…not Fleet orders, so if they get it, they can sell it.

That said, if you canceled and you got your deposit back, then don’t see any recourse you have trying to claim it if it gets built/delivered.  

On a positive note for you, whether they really canceled it or not, it may not ever get built anyway…retails are first priority, then stock, then fleet…as fyi, I’m at over 8 months unscheduled on a retail order, so I feel others pain and frustration in all of this.

Edited by sjmcken81
Addition
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, sjmcken81 said:

On a positive note for you, whether they really canceled it or not, it may not ever get built anyway…retails are first priority, then stock, then fleet…as fyi, I’m at over 8 months unscheduled on a retail order, so I feel others pain and frustration in all of this.

8 months? Wow, what did you order? 

3 hours ago, Dog breath said:

Ardvark666 did you sign any paperwork when you ordered the truck? 

I signed the build sheet and noted on it that it was xplan. I also submitted my  xplan pin. My work id and my license. It was all a bit of a show. They never intended on actually using the plan. 

2 hours ago, TheFatInTheHat said:

That is 100% on the dealer and I would expect that Ford would do something to make it right. They absolutely just didn't want you to buy that truck so they could sell it with a market adjustment.

Exactly. I think Ford should step up and make people whole. These dealerships are taking advantage and flat out lying to customers because the system Ford setup incentivizes them to. We aren't talking about $200 either... in some cases it's $5,000. I think Ford should go back and offer anyone who makes a claim and can produce paperwork showing a dealership screwed them over 0% financing for the length of their loans. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The commodity restraints information has been available for months now, in particular the restriction for retail order scheduling only as I've posted long ago in the "Scheduling Notes" section.

I know there are ongoing commodity restraints that have all been addressed but is this something ford has just sent out or has this been around awhile? I see going back several pages that several peoples trucks have been scheduled recently with these items. I placed an order on 1-20-22 and the only item is the 5th wheel prep that is on the list, I know it hasn’t been very long but I was hoping it may get a production date sooner rather than later. Thanks for all you do.