2025 Lincoln Navigator Spied

11 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

So gm can debut the refreshed tahoe and suburban but not even a peep about the expedition or nav.  Whoever is running marketing needs some help.

Why would they talk about something they're not ready to debut?

We didn't hear a peep about the Tahoe/Suburban refresh until it was released.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 10:24 PM, matt6 said:

I’m really anticipating this one for some reason lol. I hope it’s a head turner.

Me too! I hope it is on the same technological level as the Escalade! 

The Navi since the 2018 model has great looks and a good engine, but I lacked some amenities as night vision camera, AR, digital rearview mirror 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Also any news about when the Navi is going to be shown? Also the Aviator hasn't debuted yet although we have seen camp-free prototypes

The Chicago Auto Show in February would likely be the time and place to reveal the new Navigator and updated Explorer/Aviator. That would be around the time production of carryover 2024 Explorer/Aviator winds down to prepare for production of the updated 2025 changes. Ford may do the reveals via online streaming at another location prior to the auto show. Then have the vehicles parked at the show for the visitors to see in person.

12 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Me too! I hope it is on the same technological level as the Escalade! 

The Navi since the 2018 model has great looks and a good engine, but I lacked some amenities as night vision camera, AR, digital rearview mirror 

Ford has long been behind on some of those tech features.

Ford doesn't have a rearview mirror, the expy has a rearview display if you hit the camera button while driving.  Don't know if the navigator does this.  I would like to see some of those features, and it would be good to debut those features.  Also, please add air suspension, heated third row seats, and hybrid engine.  If the looks hold up like the image on the dash of the aviator, my plan is to get a dark cherry reserve with jet pkg like the nautilus.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 6:36 PM, rmc523 said:

Ford has long been behind on some of those tech features.

Agree but let's hope they start to change it!
The Chinese Nautilus already has AR and from what I have seen there is a digital rearview mirror too (although a dealer-installed option)

18 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

The Chinese Nautilus already has AR and from what I have seen there is a digital rearview mirror too (although a dealer-installed option)

It’s frustrating when Ford has a lot of nice options in the corporate parts bin, but doesn’t offer them to their home market.  The competition related to the cabin area appears to be only getting more intense, so I hope they will commit to upping their game.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2024 at 5:08 PM, joseodiaga4 said:

I did see our Nautilus at an auto show, and it looks really good!

But I don't think it gets those features.

• 5 weeks later...

would be nice that as the Chinese Nautilus you could use the passenger side panel to display the Navigation.

also, wouldn't be a nice idea to offer a v8 in the new Navi? I know the 3.5l EB has more power that the Escalade 6.2l but I always read that people comment on that specific subject when comparing the too. 

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 22.37.28.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

here we can see the traditional door handles but why it doesn't have the same ones as the Nautilus has?

My guess, it would make the handles too high for children to grab comfortably

1 hour ago, Dlcorbett said:

Doors are an expensive item to differentiate between platform mates; it's most likely a cost issue (i.e. not worth the added cost to have different door for the Expy and Navi).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

here we can see the traditional door handles but why it doesn't have the same ones as the Nautilus has?

2 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

Agree with Dlcorbett. The Nav is a much taller vehicle than the Nautilus. Those wonderful just-below-the-window Conti handles work fine on the Nautilus (and they are part of the reason for the Nautilus' great side look) even though you are noticeably reaching higher on the door to open it. On the Navigator, though, the reach would probably become uncomfortable even for adults.

I wouldn't be surprised if lincoln tested it and found it unfavorable among the testers.  Though I like the feature of the ha does in the window trim, I'd rather have soft closing doors as an added feature.  Too many people slam my doors and it irritates me to no degree lol.

There are a few things Lincoln does not do across the board which I find odd.  The height of the door handles on the Navigator makes sense but if the Navigator gets air suspension like the Aviator and lowers itself I could see that being a play.

The other thing that is not consistant across the lineup is the placement of the power seat switches.  All of them except the Nautilus have them on the door panel while the Nautilus has it on the side of the seat.  This is however nothing new with Lincoln and it drives me crazy.  In the 80s the Town Car Continental and Mark VII all had it on the door.  In the 90s the Town Car and Continental had it on the door while the Mark VIII had it on the side of the seat.  Enter the Navigator and LS in the late 90s it's on the side of the seat too.  Enter the Aviator in 2003 and it's on the door, refreshed Navigator still on the side of the seat.

I wish they would just have the entire lineup have the seat controls on the door Lincoln has done that a long time and it would be nice for some consistency. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

There are a few things Lincoln does not do across the board which I find odd.  The height of the door handles on the Navigator makes sense but if the Navigator gets air suspension like the Aviator and lowers itself I could see that being a play.

The other thing that is not consistant across the lineup is the placement of the power seat switches.  All of them except the Nautilus have them on the door panel while the Nautilus has it on the side of the seat.  This is however nothing new with Lincoln and it drives me crazy.  In the 80s the Town Car Continental and Mark VII all had it on the door.  In the 90s the Town Car and Continental had it on the door while the Mark VIII had it on the side of the seat.  Enter the Navigator and LS in the late 90s it's on the side of the seat too.  Enter the Aviator in 2003 and it's on the door, refreshed Navigator still on the side of the seat.

I wish they would just have the entire lineup have the seat controls on the door Lincoln has done that a long time and it would be nice for some consistency. 

The ergonomics and controls inconsistency between the full sized trucks/SUVs and other vehicles drives me nuts.  With F series being the cash (and volume) cow they pretty much get to do whatever they want and the so do the other teams.  Simple things like having the audio steering controls on the same side would help.  My F150 is on the right while the Nautilus is on the left.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

The ergonomics and controls inconsistency between the full sized trucks/SUVs and other vehicles drives me nuts.  With F series being the cash (and volume) cow they pretty much get to do whatever they want and the so do the other teams.  Simple things like having the audio steering controls on the same side would help.  My F150 is on the right while the Nautilus is on the left.

...and now with the new 2024 Nautilus they are back on the right.

1 hour ago, Andrew L said:

agree, would be nice to see some consistency.

The Navi must have air suspension, all the competitors have it so there is no excuse o reason to not have it

• Like 3