Cybertruck bed size

silvrsvt

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Yes but I think it has a mid gate that folds down.

This thing sucks when compared to actual BEV pickups.

Well, there's only two BEV pickups out right now and this hasn't been compared to them in the real world. And I am doubtful that this is in the same class as the Lightning. This may be the size of a Rivian.

58 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Well, there's only two BEV pickups out right now and this hasn't been compared to them in the real world. And I am doubtful that this is in the same class as the Lightning. This may be the size of a Rivian.

We’ve seen anecdotal evidence that it doesn’t hold up well off road and just looking at the interior and bed compared to the other 3 I just can’t see a single advantage.  It’s not going to be as cheap as Elon initially suggested.  Maybe it will be quicker but I doubt it.  And we won’t even mention the problems with raw stainless steel.

As an American company, I actually do want Tesla to be successful, but this thing is different just to be different, and not in a good way.  It doesn’t seem to be doing truck things very well based on the limited information that’s been available so far.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sullynd said:

Did you see the video Farley posted of the Lightning taking on the course the CT had trouble with?

Very impressive, especially since the F150 Lightning isn't a high performance truck. Noticed how quickly the Ford figured out which wheel to apply power too and it's great suspension in action compared to the Teslas indecision and poor suspension control, clearly after years of delays Tesla's "truck" still isn't ready!

6 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

It probably has that cage/basket thing that folds over the open tailgate like the Sport Trac did. 

But still, it's supposed to be a full size truck. The more news I see of this truck, the more I think it's going to be a total dud.

It most likely is, the cybertruck would have succeeded for a bit if was released shortly after the reveal, when the shock factor was thru the roof. Now that the novelty of it has worn off, all you're left with is an ugly truck that over promised and underdelivered on basically every metric. I have a feeling T3 is gonna wipe the floor with the CT, like it's not even gonna be close. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford started to drop some teasers later this year as the first CT's are released as a way to troll Tesla. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The bigger question is how in the hell is anyone with a torso fitting in that back seat?

"Rear seat passengers must use the conveniently built-in guillotine to remove their head/upper body to enter the vehicle."*

*Tesla is not responsible for injuries that will occur with use of included guillotine.

• Haha 3

On 11/17/2023 at 12:39 AM, DeluxeStang said:

It most likely is, the cybertruck would have succeeded for a bit if was released shortly after the reveal, when the shock factor was thru the roof. Now that the novelty of it has worn off, all you're left with is an ugly truck that over promised and underdelivered on basically every metric. 

Yeah the Cybertruck is looking more and more like hubris for Tesla...they prob would been better off focusing on getting the subcompact Model 2 out and a more through update of the S and X before going on this boondoggle.