Tesla’s Cybertrucks were ‘rushed out,’ are malfunctioning at astounding rate

silvrsvt

I saw my first one on the road the other day.  They are hideous in person even more so than seeing in pictures.  I can't see how they are very practical as a truck due to the weird shape.

Edited by Andrew L
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

I saw my first one on the road the other day.  They are hideous in person even more so than seeing in pictures.  I can't see how they are very practical as a truck due to the weird shape.

Don't be obtuse, I find the triangular design to be rather adorable, acute even. 

Edited by DeluxeStang
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Somebody do a welfare check on rperez817……

He's probably going off about how all these complaints are made up by people paid off by the big 3 to hurt Tesla, and talking about how any day now, Ford is gonna go out of business, any day now...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think it’s about time for Musk to sell the car business and be a battery system supplier.

I'll take it a step further, we've seen the arrival of highly flexible EV platforms that can be used for virtually any type of vehicle, with a ton of different looking top hats. Tesla should develop such a platform, and sell it to startups, and established players who are far behind in the EV race. With their reputation, and competitive tech, I could see them finding a lot of success in selling to smaller brands. Brands buying Tesla's highly flexible platform rather than developing their own. 

Edited by DeluxeStang

21 hours ago, akirby said:

I think it’s about time for Musk to sell the car business and be a battery system supplier.

I feel like the rest of the Tesla lineup is fine but the CT is really something out of left field.  I can't imagine it being a strong seller, maybe first year only due to excitement but after that I feel like sales will crash pretty hard after people realize it sucks at being a truck.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

I feel like the rest of the Tesla lineup is fine but the CT is really something out of left field.  I can't imagine it being a strong seller, maybe first year only due to excitement but after that I feel like sales will crash pretty hard after people realize it sucks at being a truck.

I give it a year.  Musk’s ego won’t let him cancel it before then no matter how bad it is.

14 hours ago, akirby said:

I give it a year.  Musk’s ego won’t let him cancel it before then no matter how bad it is.

The other alternative he has is to prioritise building the higher series versions, probably already doing that…

10 minutes ago, Oac98 said:

The Cybertruck is a hideous, overhyped, overpriced piece of garbage! If Ford made a truck like that Ford would get raked over the coals! 

Based on all the recent reports from customers that took delivery of a CyberTruck, it'll be interesting to see how long it takes Tesla to cut their losses and drop it so they can address other priorities. 

• Like 1

Vacationing in Arizona this week I saw my first one as I was driving directly behind it goi g into a mall parking lot.  
I had no clue what it was till it turned and I saw its profile.  That “Thing” is worse than the Aztec ever was. Made the Aztec look like a beauty queen.  I waited for it to park and the driver leave to take a closer look. 
How was it ever allowed to happen. ?  

50 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Based on all the recent reports from customers that took delivery of a CyberTruck, it'll be interesting to see how long it takes Tesla to cut their losses and drop it so they can address other priorities. 

As I said before, Musk’s ego - which is the only reason the thing ever made it past the prototype stage to begin with - will keep it around at least a year, maybe more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

That will be interesting to see, I really wonder if they will drop it. 

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

As I said before, Musk’s ego - which is the only reason the thing ever made it past the prototype stage to begin with - will keep it around at least a year, maybe more.

It’s just a terrible looking product, I haven’t seen one yet up here in the GTA. 

1 hour ago, escapeman said:

Vacationing in Arizona this week I saw my first one as I was driving directly behind it goi g into a mall parking lot.  
I had no clue what it was till it turned and I saw its profile.  That “Thing” is worse than the Aztec ever was. Made the Aztec look like a beauty queen.  I waited for it to park and the driver leave to take a closer look. 

Now that’s saying something, lol. 

Edited by tbone

1 hour ago, escapeman said:

It's even worse when you consider what Tesla's head of design was putting out earlier in his career. From working at Mazda, the best Japanese car brand for design by far, to putting out a triangle. Talk about a downgrade. 

IMG_20240416_115510.jpg

• Like 2