Ford Mustang 60th Anniversary Package Draws on Classic Style of 1965 Original

Posted (edited)

2025 Ford Mustang 60th Anniversary Package Adds Retro Flair to a Modern Pony

It will be available in both coupe and convertible body styles.

https://www.autoblog.com/2024/04/17/2025-ford-mustang-60th-anniversary-package-adds-retro-flair-to-a-modern-pony/

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_01.jpg

The Ford Mustang famously made its debut at the 1964 World's Fair in New York, instantly capturing America's attention and garnering enough interest to sell more than 400,000 units in its first year and over a million within its first two years on the market. There were some funny timing quirks that leave historians with a 1964.5 Ford Mustang, but its first official full year on sale was 1965. And that means 2025 is the original pony car's 60th anniversary. You didn't think Ford was going to let that milestone pass without a special edition, did you?

And so here we are with the Ford Mustang 60th Anniversary package, available on the 2025 Mustang GT Premium trim in both coupe and convertible styles. They'll all be powered by 5.0-liter V8 engines, and buyers can choose between automatic and manual transmission options. Each car will get 60th Anniversary badges on the fenders and trunk lid, unique 20-inch wheels in Dark Gravity Gray with bright machined details finished in Vermillion Red. "Retro-themed" stamped aluminum center caps that are said to be inspired by the ones from the 1965 Mustang and bodyside graphics in either Iconic Silver or Vermillion Red are obvious throwback elements, while the grille is, Ford says (though we can't say we see it), a modern take on the mesh design of the original's. Wimbledon White, Race Red and Vapor Blue make up the very patriotic color palette.

Inside, a 60th Anniversary dash plaque will display the car's serial number, which will be somewhere between 1 and 1,965 — another callout to the car's first full year in production. Interior colors will consist of Space Gray, Carmine Red or Black Onyx options. The order books are scheduled to open up this summer, though pricing data are not yet available.

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_02.jpg

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_03.jpg

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_04.jpg

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_05.jpg

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_06.jpg

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_07.jpg

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_08.jpg

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_09.jpg

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_10.jpg

2025-Mustang-60th-Anniversary-Package_11.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

Why only on the GT Premium package? I love my 2020 ecoboost. It has a simple 55th Aniversary plaque stuck on the passenger side dash. Why do I have to pay $55K plus to get the 60th Aniversary badges and stickers? Everything is always for the highest trim levels lately it seems. I am happy with a $35K car and don't want to spend more. I had a GT Premium Mustang back in '04 but that was less HP and slower 0-60 than my '20 ecoboost.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

But at the end of the day, as I said when they teased it, it's just a sticker package.....there was no need to tease it, IMO.

Agree, there was no need to tease it. IMO a miss opportunity to show something else that could help the company to reduce the noise about the delayed EVs

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

It looks nice, though the wheels remind me of Camaro.

But at the end of the day, as I said when they teased it, it's just a sticker package.....there was no need to tease it, IMO.

Ford's talked about surprises for this event, without going into more detail than that. An appearance package is hardly a surprise, so fingers crossed they show something neat during the livestream tonight. 

6 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Good to see that the Mustang will survive another year.

But "special edition" trim packages often signal a models "end of life"... Unless Ford comes up with substantially more later today, looks like they're giving up on the Mustang.

Mustang releases special edition trim packages all the time.  And they almost always do something for significant anniversaries. This (the anniversary package) doesn't mean anything other than one more thing to sell to enthusiasts.

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

But "special edition" trim packages often signal a models "end of life"... Unless Ford comes up with substantially more later today, looks like they're giving up on the Mustang.

Special edition trims can be an end of life thing, or they can be used to celebrate special occasions. Occasions like, oh I don't know, your sports cars's 60th anniversary.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Drop the crack pipe FFS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

I thought Mustang was confirmed to be around in its current from till at least 2028

2 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Ford's talked about surprises for this event, without going into more detail than that. An appearance package is hardly a surprise, so fingers crossed they show something neat during the livestream tonight. 

I doubt it's much...

You're just trolling at this point.  This is a ridiculous take.

• Like 2

30 day vacation for you.  Your trolling has gotten ridiculous.

• Like 3

I'm really digging that new gt3 livery with all the nods to historical racing mustangs, that's awesome. They mentioned another addition to the mustang stable, and growing the mustang family with something new coming in 2025. This could be a new Shelby s650, or another high performance s650. But the way they were talking about it sounds a lot like they're hinting at some sort of new mustang model completely. 

The teaser didn't look like an actual car, rather, a placeholder for what's the come. 

IMG_20240417_155744.jpg

Edited by DeluxeStang
  • Like 1

I really like the 60th Anniversary Edition package! I would love to have the white convertible with manual transmission. 

25 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

I'm really digging that new gt3 livery with all the nods to historical racing mustangs, that's awesome. They mentioned another addition to the mustang stable, and growing the mustang family with something new coming in 2025. This could be a new Shelby s650, or another high performance s650. But the way they were talking about it sounds a lot like they're hinting at some sort of new mustang model completely. 

The teaser didn't look like an actual car. 

The livestream was a bit of a snorefest though. Some of the audience members looked bored and some could be seen texting away on their phones. lol However, I also like the new GT3 livery. I had not heard of Lyn St. James until today and liked her 1987 Roush Mustang she raced that they showed images of. I thought she was the most interesting of the bunch to listen to as she talked about the old racing days and how it's paving the way for the future. The teaser image at the end looked as if it was AI-generated rather than a clay model under the tarp. Shelby American is doing their own reveal tomorrow of their S650 variant. Ford and Shelby American have done their own Shelby Mustangs concurrently so it could be a new Ford in-house Shelby S650 that the teaser is showing. Maybe it's a performance-tuned Mustang Hybrid. This could be that other model that is to go to Flat Rock pending approval, as specified in that UAW contract agreement.

Edited to add: I originally wrote this before you edited your post to include the image of the teaser.

Edited by pffan1990

8 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

I really like the 60th Anniversary Edition package! I would love to have the white convertible with manual transmission. 

The livestream was a bit of a snorefest though. Some of the audience members looked bored and some could be seen texting away on their phones. lol However, I also like the new GT3 livery. I had not heard of Lyn St. James until today and liked her 1987 Roush Mustang she raced that they showed images of. I thought she was the most interesting of the bunch to listen to as she talked about the old racing days and how it's paving the way for the future. The teaser image at the end looked as if it was AI-generated rather than a clay model under the tarp. Shelby American is doing their own reveal tomorrow of their S650 variant. Ford and Shelby American have done their own Shelby Mustangs concurrently so it could be a new Ford in-house Shelby S650 that the teaser is showing. Maybe it's a performance-tuned Mustang Hybrid. This could be that other model that is to go to Flat Rock pending approval, as specified in that UAW contract agreement.

Edited to add: I originally wrote this before you edited your post to include the image of the teaser.

I'm not gonna disagree with you there. The presenter saying "Let's make some noise" every time they revealed something or someone walked into stage was a bit much. 

Whatever is under the tarp if it's a real car isn't an s650. I feel like if it was some sort of s650 nearing the end of the development cycle, they would have shown a hint of the actual design. The fact that they're refusing to show even the slightest hint of what this thing is makes me think it's something else entirely. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Whatever is under the tarp if it's a real car isn't an s650. I feel like if it was some sort of s650 nearing the end of the development cycle, they would have shown a hint of the actual design. The fact that they're refusing to show even the slightest hint of what this thing is makes me think it's something else entirely. 

They could have done this on purpose to generate hype to get people talking about it. It's working since we're both talking about it. lol It's said to be a 2025 model year so yeah the teaser would have been more of an actual design rather than a generic look. Is it me or does the roof seem taller and more curvier than the current S650?

• Like 1