Ford April Sales: All-time Monthly Hybrid Sales Record

Posted (edited)

FORD POSTS ALL-TIME MONTHLY HYBRID SALES RECORD

image.thumb.png.618d197ac9a839eb4f490bcb4bbab888.png

Customer reception to Ford hybrid vehicles continues to accelerate, with U.S. sales reaching 17,997 in April, a 60 percent improvement from the same month a year ago and a new monthly record.

Sales of the new F-150 PowerBoost Hybrid set a new monthly record in April – up 93.6% – making F-150 Hybrid America’s top-selling full-size hybrid pickup. Early customers of the new 2024 model are overwhelmingly choosing to upgrade to the available 7.2kW Pro Power Onboard feature, which brings power to a jobsite, tailgate party, or power appliances during a power outage.

So far this year, Maverick Hybrid is the best-selling hybrid pickup overall; customers bought 26,061 Maverick Hybrid trucks over the first four months of 2024. Most of those customers – 59% – are coming from other brands and segments, notably trading in their small SUVs for a Maverick.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2024/05/02/ford-posts-all-time-monthly-hybrid-sales-record.html

Edited by joseodiaga4

Posted (edited)

Ford Motor Company sales decreased two percent to 179,588 units during April 2024 in the United States. Sales decreased at Ford and increased at Lincoln.

• Total Ford Motor Company sales during April 2024 decreased 2.4 percent to 179,588 units 
    • Electric vehicle sales totaled 8,019 units, up 129.2 percent
    • Hybrid vehicle sales totaled 17,997 units, up 59.5 percent
    • Internal combustion vehicle sales totaled 153,572 units, down 9.2 percent
    • Truck sales increased 2.0 percent to 98,378 units
    • SUV sales decreased 7.1 percent to 76,553 units
    • Car sales decreased 9.4 percent to 4,657 units

Ford sales decreased 3.4 percent to 171,291 units

Lincoln sales increased 24.2 percent to 8,297 units

During the first four months of the 2024 calendar year, Ford Motor Company sales increased 4.2 percent to 687,671 units.

https://fordauthority.com/2024/05/ford-motor-company-sales-numbers-figures-results-april-2024-usa/

Edited by joseodiaga4

• joseodiaga4 changed the title to Ford April Sales: All-time Monthly Hybrid Sales Record
1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

It's an expensive, thirsty suv being sold at a time when the economy is in the toilet and gas is expensive. 

I don’t think people in this price range are particularly concerned about gas prices.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, tbone said:

The Bronco is continuing its downward slide. I wonder if they have figured out they have a pricing problem yet.  

There are quite a few at my dealer now, including Bronco Raptors, which they're apparently offering AT sticker now because they're not moving.  Turns out 90k for a Bronco is too much lol.

I still think it's ridiculous that an equally optioned Bronco today is 8k more than 2 years ago with the only difference being the HOSS 3.0 suspension, which isn't worth 8k.

At least the black painted MOD top finally made an appearance in '24 Job 2....wish I could've gotten it.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tbone said:

And it hasn’t been updated in a while. 

I’ve only ever bought Fords, but if in the market for a full size SUV I’d have a hard time not going with one of the GM triplets, probably the Denali. 

57 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

There are quite a few at my dealer now, including Bronco Raptors, which they're apparently offering AT sticker now because they're not moving.  Turns out 90k for a Bronco is too much lol.

I still think it's ridiculous that an equally optioned Bronco today is 8k more than 2 years ago with the only difference being the HOSS 3.0 suspension, which isn't worth 8k.

At least the black painted MOD top finally made an appearance in '24 Job 2....wish I could've gotten it.

Bread went from $1.37/lb in. 2020 to $2/lb in 2024.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tbone said:

I don’t think people in this price range are particularly concerned about gas prices.  

You be surprised. Most people I know who have money hate inefficiency, especially when it comes to finances. They're ok with driving a gas hog when gas is cheap, but when it's expensive, they'll dump those land yachts so fast it'll make your head spin. 

Edited by DeluxeStang
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Probably expensive with no deals available.

Could be, maybe the focus is not sales but revenue per vehicle?

5 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

It's an expensive, thirsty suv being sold at a time when the economy is in the toilet and gas is expensive. 

I don't know if people with that kind of money worry about it. Look the Escalade sales.

I guess it needs a replacement asap because it hasn't benn updated in a while

Edited by joseodiaga4

31 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

Yeah, but it wasn't discontented...

I think it was quite happy.  😂

That’s a 50% increase in bread prices.  Point is prices have gone up on a lot of things whether they decontented or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Could be, maybe the focus is not sales but revenue per vehicle?

I don't know if people with that kind of money worry about it. Look the Escalade sales.

I guess it needs a replacement asap because it hasn't benn updated in a while

Well Navigator did get a refresh recently which I think helped the style a lot.  I think 2 things are hurting it currently.  1 reliability issues, I have seen a lot of posts on forums and groups about people having issues with the 10 speed and other electrotonic gremlins, and 2 the lack of air suspension.  Escalade and Grand Wagoneer both offer air suspension and Navigator is right in line with their pricing.  Otherwise it's not far off feature wise from the other 2 but as I have stated in other threads there are things I still want them to add.

I also remember reading that Louisville puts more emphasis on Ford Trucks coming out of that plant than the Expedition and Navigator.  I don't know how true that is, but I have always heard production is constrained on it.

1 hour ago, Andrew L said:

Well Navigator did get a refresh recently which I think helped the style a lot.  I think 2 things are hurting it currently.  1 reliability issues, I have seen a lot of posts on forums and groups about people having issues with the 10 speed and other electrotonic gremlins, and 2 the lack of air suspension.  Escalade and Grand Wagoneer both offer air suspension and Navigator is right in line with their pricing.  Otherwise it's not far off feature wise from the other 2 but as I have stated in other threads there are things I still want them to add.

I also remember reading that Louisville puts more emphasis on Ford Trucks coming out of that plant than the Expedition and Navigator.  I don't know how true that is, but I have always heard production is constrained on it.

yeah it got a refresh in 2022 but it seems it isn't enough, but as you say I think the biggest problem is reliability, the weak point of Ford.

Air suspension is a MUST for the 2025 model. 

15 hours ago, tbone said:

The Bronco is continuing its downward slide. I wonder if they have figured out they have a pricing problem yet.  

pricing isnt the only  issue...Id say getting the units people actually desire is as much a problem as its always been...commodity issues are STILL an issue...

15 hours ago, akirby said:

Bread went from $1.37/lb in. 2020 to $2/lb in 2024.

Sure.

I'm just saying, that's likely why sales are taking a hit - prices keep being increased while features are remaining the same, or in some cases being removed (sure the MOD top finally appeared, but that's an option).

Meanwhile, didn't Jeep drop prices?  Not saying Ford needs to get into a total price war, just that it may be something worth looking into and split the difference between the original price and current pricing, and we may see sales pivot in a positive direction.

15 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Sure.

I'm just saying, that's likely why sales are taking a hit - prices keep being increased while features are remaining the same, or in some cases being removed (sure the MOD top finally appeared, but that's an option).

Meanwhile, didn't Jeep drop prices?  Not saying Ford needs to get into a total price war, just that it may be something worth looking into and split the difference between the original price and current pricing, and we may see sales pivot in a positive direction.

Some people just don’t understand how much impact price has on sales.  Every $5K you go up in price you reduce the potential buyers considerably just due to affordability.  The surest way to increase sales is to lower the price including rebates.  The opposite is also true.

Ford knows exactly why sales are slow and I’m sure they’re just waiting to see if it rebounds or stays the same and they’ll take action like they did with Mach-e.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

Some people just don’t understand how much impact price has on sales.  Every $5K you go up in price you reduce the potential buyers considerably just due to affordability.  The surest way to increase sales is to lower the price including rebates.  The opposite is also true.

Ford knows exactly why sales are slow and I’m sure they’re just waiting to see if it rebounds or stays the same and they’ll take action like they did with Mach-e.

been saying this for wquite some time...the pricier the object the smaller the audience....OR if they somehow afford it bt stretching their budget the longer the eventual owner keeps it....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The best part about Ford’s April sales is F Series sales being over 64,000, they are Ford’s main profit earners. Inventory levels at 203,000 almost guarantees that there is now plenty of stock at dealerships so wait time is now back to pre-pandemic levels.

Bronco is an example of how Ford tried to develop a strong income stream from a lifestyle vehicle with heritage roots that resonated with “gotta have”buyers. It now seems that most of the hardcore buyers have their vehicles and now Bronco sorta competes with the rest of the market where something like a Ranger based Everest SUV that’s more day to day may have been a more financially sound vehicle.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1