2025 Ford Maverick ST potentially spotted

On 5/20/2024 at 11:50 AM, joseodiaga4 said:

Refreshed (and modified?) Ford Mavericks caught undisguised on public roads

image.thumb.png.3fd532f4afc1e8ef6986e422acaae2a2.png

https://www.autoblog.com/2024/05/20/refreshed-and-modified-ford-mavericks-caught-undisguised-on-public-roads/

2 issues for me:

1)  That piece below the grill/headlights just looks weird to me.  They took a chunk out of the headlights and ran that piece up into that area.  I like the old look better but I've never been a fan of the crab claw lights of any sort. 

2)  These exterior refreshes are horrible investments.  I know how much it costs to change front end designs and you do not get the incremental revenue to ever make up for it.   It infuriates me when they do this and the overall change is so minor most people won't even notice.  Why bother.....when I was working in Product Development back in the day many of us were vocal about doing too many minor refreshes that never really made sense.  

Maverick.JPG

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

I wonder if this is the face of Ford moving forward. I don't see it working on Ford's softer, and more car like models. 

If you think about it, the front of the 2025 Maverick is a boxy version of the S650 Mustang or new gen Mondeo front with large C-clamp lights added.

2024-ford-mustang-ecoboost-exterior-fron

2022-ford-mondeo-china-debut.jpg

Maverick's new face is a combination of Ford's car/CUV face and truck face.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXVUmdtwIAumMZu9jThai

Edited by AM222

7 hours ago, Ares said:

I agree with @iamweasel It looks like they stuck a body color band-aid on top of the outgoing model. Ford (and Lincoln's) 's refreshes are so mild lately, which isn't always a bad thing.

It's a mid-cycle refresh, I guess we can't expect drastic changes. It still needs to match the same existing boxy sheet metal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

BB1mJbja.img?w=768&h=387&m=4&q=79
The body-colored section between the grill and the lower half of the C-clamp lights (more like an inverted "L") is part of a wide "U" shaped section that forms the middle of the bumper. I wonder if there will be trims or packages with this section in gloss black or dark gray? It would then look similar to the Ranger's "Sport Appearance Package".
2024-ford-ranger-lariat-front.jpg

Edited by AM222

18 hours ago, iamweasel said:

2 issues for me:

1)  That piece below the grill/headlights just looks weird to me.  They took a chunk out of the headlights and ran that piece up into that area.  I like the old look better but I've never been a fan of the crab claw lights of any sort. 

2)  These exterior refreshes are horrible investments.  I know how much it costs to change front end designs and you do not get the incremental revenue to ever make up for it.   It infuriates me when they do this and the overall change is so minor most people won't even notice.  Why bother.....when I was working in Product Development back in the day many of us were vocal about doing too many minor refreshes that never really made sense.  

Maverick.JPG

Eh, I disagree in this case.  this is a noticeable change from the existing model.  We're not talking a Fusion refresh level change where they made the grille corners slightly more pointed and if you didn't know you didn't know.  They're trying to tie it in more with the rest of the lineup with the "c-clamp" lighting element.

5 hours ago, AM222 said:

BB1mJbja.img?w=768&h=387&m=4&q=79
The body-colored section between the grill and the lower half of the C-clamp lights (more like an inverted "L") is part of a wide "U" shaped section that forms the middle of the bumper. I wonder if there will be trims or packages with this section in gloss black or dark gray? It would then look similar to the Ranger's "Sport Appearance Package".
2024-ford-ranger-lariat-front.jpg

Interesting observation, though I wonder if this bumper is unique to this trim?

Also, I still don't understand why the new Ford oval is black....(if it's not black, it sure looks it).

12 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Also, I still don't understand why the new Ford oval is black....(if it's not black, it sure looks it).

Could be part of a black appearance package too? Ford actually sells blacked out Ford ovals as accessories for the Explorer. 

Minus the wheels and the weird area below the headlights, I really like this refresh. I never cared for the current grille so I’m glad to see a change there. I think a honeycomb style would have been better, but I don’t mind the waterfall. There is too much black plastic on the current version, especially on the upper trims (XL it would be ok on), so seeing body color is nice. I don’t get the wheels at all, they don’t seem to fit with the vehicle. With the interior enhancements we have seen in spy pics, I think this 2025 maverick is going to be a big winner. Most of my complaints I have had seem to have been fixed.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Could be part of a black appearance package too? Ford actually sells blacked out Ford ovals as accessories for the Explorer. 

All the new F-150 logos are black (with white letters instead of chrome)....or if they're not black, they're like Antimatter Blue where they look black 99.9% of the time, rather than the clearly blue blue oval they've used to this point.

Edited by rmc523

3 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Ford Maverick Hybrid with AWD might finally be happening

image.thumb.png.641e03ba79c7757691cce3e305762b26.pngimage.thumb.png.2b2b7a04e2c13a46ba7fb30f40d062d0.png

https://www.autoblog.com/2024/05/29/ford-maverick-hybrid-awd-spy-shots-for-refresh/

Not bad looking, the addition of an AWD hybrid should make a lot of people happy. I'm curious if they beefed up the CV axles to accommodate what will almost certainly be a greater power output, and if so, if they'll retroactively add those stronger CV axles to the older mavericks via a recall or something. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, tbone said:

I like eruption green, bit it would be nice if Ford came out with a flat army green like I have seen on some other makes.  I think it would be a great addition. 

Didn’t they have that on a limited edition Bronco a couple years back?

38 minutes ago, akirby said:

No they offered a matte wrap on the Mustang...maybe some other products, but no flat paint for the Bronco

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

No they offered a matte wrap on the Mustang...maybe some other products, but no flat paint for the Bronco

I think it was a custom wrap not a factory model.

On 6/10/2024 at 1:28 PM, akirby said:

Maybe, I’m not sure.  They have Shelter green, which is a pretty good color, but it isn’t army green.