-
Files
-
Popular Contributors
-
Posts
-
EVs went from nearly 0% global market share to over 25% in the past 20 years while sedans are doing the opposite. Ford doesn’t need to sell a sedan for the foreseeable future to survive, they absolutely need to sell EVs successfully fairly soon to survive.
-
Maybe VW has been watching what Ford has been doing with its MEB based vehicles…
-
If any Town car buyers are still alive, I suspect they have moved on to SUVs. Yeah, Zephyr sized but far more expressive design than that Chinese thing. I would hope pricing could start in the 50s and fully loaded models topping out in the 70s. That is about where the Cadillac CT5 is priced except for the Blackwing version.
-
Yes that's why it would be a performance sedan based on s650 but with all the luxury features.
-
By DeluxeStang · Posted
We've heard quite a few rumblings to suggest there will be a Ford sedan/hatchback on UEV at some point. Comments from Farley, being shown sketches and full sized clay models, etc. So if there's smoke, there's fire most likely. But who knows if we would get a Lincoln version. I don't see a large UEV sedan, more like something model 3 or fusion sized. -
By DeluxeStang · Posted
The issue is don't you believe the role big luxury sedans used to play in the industry has kinda been taken over by luxury flagship SUVs? Call me crazy, but I almost view a fully loaded navigator, this massive vehicle with world class luxury, as being kinda a standin for our modern version of an old Lincoln Town car or Continental. I can see a market for performance sedans, and sedans as more affordable transportation options. But the market seems pretty soft on large expensive luxury sedans at the moment. I could see a zephyr maybe working, but something Continental size and price I think would struggle in today's market. -
Don't forget maverick SUV and Ranger replacement.
-
Maybe if UEV can accommodate a Lincoln sedan without too much additional effort. Otherwise, it's unlikely the Ford big shots will allocate any resources to a new Lincoln sedan. Just gettin' the Fathom and the initial Ford and Lincoln UEV based utility models to market on time, in high volume, and with excellent quality is an Apollo style mission, as the head honcho himself said. That's where Ford resources should be (and are) devoted.
-
There is no question there is a business case for a lincoln sedan. The question will be are resources available to do it with all the other projects going on?
-
I put nearly 100,000 miles on my Lincoln LS. It was my business vehicle. It had muliple issues but I was too hard headed loyal to Lincoln to get something else. That was back when the BMW 5 series rode hard and were not luxurious. Dealers in my area didn't know how the hell to sell the LS or why anyone would want a little stiffly sprung Lincoln when they could have a floaty Town Car. Today's BMW has more in common with Lexus, Genesis and even Lincoln than the BMWs of 20 years ago. I have no first hand experience with the unibody Lincoln utilities but from what I read and hear, they are very competitive....even with models from Lexus, BMW, and other upscale makes. Again, if Ford offers a Mustang based sedan, I would hope a business case could be made for a Lincoln version. It would have to recieve the same level of quality, content and refinement that their utilities get, though. No more half assed effort like they did in making a Lincoln MKZ out of a Fusion.
-
-
Topics
-
Top Downloads
-
-
Albums
-
2022 Ranger Splash Desert Sand
- By Rangermrd,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
Performance Tuner Connects
- By LostInTransit,
- 0
- 0
- 7
-
amtrucker22
- By amtrucker22,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
4 CRUZEN
- By 04GT,
- 0
- 0
- 4
-
2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring in Burgundy Velvet
- By RedHoncho01,
- 2
- 1
- 3
-
