Ford Verve

RichardJensen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thinkthe verve is beautiful.

I have a feeling that Ford will slap on a three bar grill and ruin the flow of the design. This is not a hate against the three bar grill but I feel a vehicle should be design from the beginning with the 3 bar grill inmind instead of trying to tack iton at the end. The Edge show how nice the 3 bar grill can be with a vehicle is designed from the beginning with it, the fusion shows how it doesn't look right with it slapped on(the fusion looks good just not coehsive)

Can't wait to see what we get for the B-segment.

I must be seeing a different car then you guys. That thing looks like a morphed Chrysler Mini van to me. :hysterical:

Well I think we must be seeing the same car, only to me it looks like an uglified CX-7. I hpoe they change it enough for North America. I'm also going to go against the flow and say I don't like kinetic design.

I'd like the car if it didn't have a gaping mouth. I'd also prefer to see it with a tribar.

I agree with you about the gaping mouth, but other photo angles mitigate its appearance:

98684d5b553343f2126d11b306ab7b9a.jpg

I don't see how the tribar grill can be integrated into this design. Frankly, I think it puts the Nissan Versa and Honda Fit on the trailer in terms of looks. A 5 door would kill them. Please don't screw this up, Ford NA.

1) VIDEO:

2) Sullynd - NO you are not - the Reflex was VERY Kinetic .. and the Verve does carry family resemblance - which truly hints on the merger of the Kinetic and "Red, white, bold" designs

3) Please note that in the video, Martin Smith says that this car has EXACTLY the dimensions of the current EU Fiesta - meaning, that there is no imminent need to KILL the proportions for the production - which is great - I just cannot imagine a Sedan built on the same design :D

Igor

Edited by igor

2) Sullynd - NO you are not - the Reflex was VERY Kinetic .. and the Verve does carry family resemblance - which truly hints on the merger of the Kinetic and "Red, white, bold" designs

Lose some of the height on the hood from the Verve (Tall due to ped-reqs) and it's even more Reflex like (Moreso if it gets a little longer due to US crash reqs)

;)

remember the Puma? Ford EU does :D

Igor

If they build the Reflex, I am writing a check the minute its in showrooms. I'll take mine with the Powershift, and then putting on the most ridiculous turbo the chassis can handle and widest tires the fenders can accomodate.