Camaro Prototype Interior Shots

Mark B. Morrow

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a total and complete JOKE! Only people that are going to buy that are mullet wearing rednecks who will have to get a 2nd mortgage on the single wide and with subprime loans in the crapper I am not sure anyone will buy it. Who let the guy that approboved GM's 80's and 90's interiors approve this? Looks like the General just threw another billion dollars (or whatever they spent) down the crapper....

Looks like GM looked at a Scion xD for inspiration.....and that's definitely not a good thing. That center stack design looks horrible.

I agree. The center stack is horrible, also, the steering wheel's center doesn't appear to be centered. I'm not sure if thats on purpose or not, but it seems odd. Also the guage area is a little strange as well, the surrounding cluster is strange.

This sounds a whole lot like the discussion when we saw prepro interiors of the F-150 that looked equally horrid.

Not.

Perhaps when all the bits and pieces are put on and they use production materials, it will look a bit closer to this:

2006%20Chevrolet%20Camaro%20Interior%201-lg.jpg

Edited by Intrepidatious

This sounds a whole lot like the discussion when we saw prepro interiors of the F-150 that looked equally horrid.

Not.

Perhaps when all the bits and pieces are put on and they use production materials, it will look a bit closer to this:

2006%20Chevrolet%20Camaro%20Interior%201-lg.jpg

Bingo.

camaro.int.pw.kgp.ed.jpg

Same cheerleaders who can routinely be found in the main forum saying "bubububu wait for production shots/ don't judge based on spy shots!!11!!1!1" are the same ones who rushed their way into this one. Why am I not surprised to see Nick the flip flopper and silvrsvt contradicting themselves once again? They like to dish it, but can't take it. Thanks for proving my point once again guys.

Looks pretty close to the concept to me, sorry folks, it's clear that's the case here.

Pretty sad to see those who want everyone to love shitty interiors, like those in the FuckUs or Fusion, try to put the General down for a pretty faithful transition from concept to production, all around.

Edited by pcsario

Yeah, who cares if it was a faithful transition. That IP is still fucking ugly.

This is another one of these love/hate polarising cars that appeals to a particular fan base.

Big question is have Chevrolet (and Holden) hit the mark with their target buyers or not.

Like you said, some will find the Instrument Pod ugly, others will love it.

Not making excuses for the Camero, but those are pics from a test mule. Have you seen some of the crappy pics of Fords test mules? I must agree the speedo/tach making that high dash board is typical Chevy....

Just how many Chevy products have you been in and they all look like Mattel toys made them, plastic is Chevy's middle name....I guess will all see when this model makes its grand appearance..

C'mon Chevy.... you can do better than cloning a 38 year old design from Ford!

Here's the current 'Stang interior. MUCH nicer.....

Yes the Mustang interior is definitely nicer. Unfortunately, it too, is pretty ugly, which really goes to show just how bad that Camaro interior is. Wow.

Has anyone seen a vehicle with a retro interior done correctly? I am beginning to think it can't - and probably shouldn't be done.

Bingo.

camaro.int.pw.kgp.ed.jpg

Same cheerleaders who can routinely be found in the main forum saying "bubububu wait for production shots/ don't judge based on spy shots!!11!!1!1" are the same ones who rushed their way into this one. Why am I not surprised to see Nick the flip flopper and silvrsvt contradicting themselves once again? They like to dish it, but can't take it. Thanks for proving my point once again guys.

Looks pretty close to the concept to me, sorry folks, it's clear that's the case here.

Pretty sad to see those who want everyone to love shitty interiors, like those in the FuckUs or Fusion, try to put the General down for a pretty faithful transition from concept to production, all around.

Yes, but when the concept interior wasn't that attractive, it doesn't matter about the concept to production transition.

I don't like the interior.

Not making excuses for the Camero, but those are pics from a test mule. Have you seen some of the crappy pics of Fords test mules? I must agree the speedo/tach making that high dash board is typical Chevy....

Just how many Chevy products have you been in and they all look like Mattel toys made them, plastic is Chevy's middle name....I guess will all see when this model makes its grand appearance..

It looks like it's pretty close to production trim, if it is just a test mule, as you said.

I think I found the *true* design inspiration for the Camaro's interior:

dash74.jpg

70mavedash.jpg

:lol:

C'mon Chevy.... you can do better than cloning a 38 year old design from Ford!

ag_07mustang_interior.jpg

-Ovaltine

Wow, I thought you were saying the top pictures were a Chevy, until I saw the word "Maverick" on the one picture. The Camaro and that do really look alike.

I agree, the Mustang interior looks a lot better.

ag_07mustang_interior.jpg

-Ovaltine

LMAO :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Oh my gosh that was funny. Yes, nothing can beat the Mustang interior that looks like it fell straight from the bad taste tree right into a pile of boredom. I'd take the Camaro interior any day over that insult.

It looks like it's pretty close to production trim, if it is just a test mule, as you said.
The leak of the Camaro "interior" photo seems to have captured the attention of people with GM close to the Camaro team. In fact, we've got words published not too long ago from one member of the Camaro team that is often viewed as a hero...or the "father" of the Camaro.

Speaking regarding the leak of the Camaro interior that is classified as "unauthorized" the "F-Bod Father" Scott Settlemire whom I've had the chance to meet with several times had THIS to say about the Camaro content shown today in photos:

1. None of these mules are anywhere near complete. Most parts are pre-production parts. If I had to assign a 'percentage' -- I'd say the cars are at 65% of production intent........

2. Some of the parts you see aren't even close to what you'll see on the production Camaro. For instance -- if you were to suddenly see a Camaro without the front bra in place -- you'd see some 'horrible' headlamps. There's a good reason for that...the production lamps are not ready - -and as a result - many of the mules have what I call....

" ..hey Joe - go run down to the local autoparts store and grab us a buncha headlamps and then go hot-glue 'em in place on those Camaro mules over there!!!!".........headlamps.............

..........see what I mean? So -- see something that doesn't look right? Hang in there -- it's likely to change!!!

3. Mules are usually painted white for a good reason -- I'll get into that one of these days -- but yes -- we know some of you don't want white -- but we aren't about to paint 'em every shade of the rainbow for testing.....patience, my friend -- patience!

4. Interior pictures are very misleading. As I said above, many of the parts are either pre-production -- 'off the shelf' parts to serve as placeholders -- or hard plastic and used only as a 'stand in.'

(Remember when I said a few weeks ago that the hips didn't disappear? Remember that a few of you didn't believe me? )

Edited by P71_CrownVic