New Taurus in "the next year or two" ?

theoldwizard

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From this link go to the first page, first article, second picture. I cant say much other then this is NOT a Lincoln MKS or a Fusion. Read the title of this thread and go from there...that all I can say about this subject.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

That's the one I was referring to in another thread. I think it may be the Taurus.

• 3 weeks later...

Why can't they just announce the vehicle when it goes into production, or maybe just a month or two ahead of time? It seems to me that the Auto Show is a relic of a time when it was hard to get press information out, and you had to do it long in advance of production and it took a lot of work to get reporters access to your vehicles so that you had to do it when they were already assembled.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

Why can't they just announce the vehicle when it goes into production, or maybe just a month or two ahead of time? It seems to me that the Auto Show is a relic of a time when it was hard to get press information out, and you had to do it long in advance of production and it took a lot of work to get reporters access to your vehicles so that you had to do it when they were already assembled.

Hence the decreasing popularity of the big auto shows over the past several years....we'll see more and more intros in the future taking place in obscure places like that fair down in Texas where they debuted the Super Duty...the coverage will still be the same, regardless of the venue.

I will be surprised if the Sable will not be redesigned. The sable was right there witht he Taurus at launch and sable was just as sucessful as the Taurus. But right now the taurus and sable are not really doing well but i hope the Sable because you have loyal taurus buyers just as you do loyal Sable buyers. It would seem weird to see a 2010 Taurus and not a 2010 Sable.

now. considering how ford reps like to talk about things(i.e. I was told BLUNTLY that there will be a 2009 GT500, just a short supply run, due to a 1/2 year for the mustang), they could be saying that the REDESIGN itself will be out in fall. They have my GSM convinced the CAR ITSELF will be on the ground. i'd like to see it happen. I love this car under the skin, and with some people the design even works, BUT I HAVEN"T SOLD A SINGLE ONE, because anyone who sees it will easily consider Edge or Fusion first.