Jay Leno and Plug-In Escape

FordBuyer

Friday night on his show, Jay Leno mentioned that he drove Ford's plug-in hybrid Escape to work and had cameras in parking lot showing it. He bragged about driving it 40 miles on batteries alone and said that after 40 miles gasoline engine kicks in. The crowd clapped when he talked about Escape's ability to travel 40 miles without burning fossil fuels. Leno concluded by saying this Escape shows what American car companies can do when they put their mind to it...they are as good as anyone. The crowd really clapped then. Leno is a car nut for sure, but he seems to like American cars the most and especially Ford. He often talks about his employment at Ford dealership way back when. Anyway, Leno gave Ford some nice advertisement on his show with its new plug-in Escape.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a shame that a genuine car guy like Jay Leno is getting suckered into this hybrid crap...we all know it is purely for PR purposes.

No, what's really a shame is we have to read your worthless, bitter, diatribe day after day after day after day after day after day after day.....

No, what's really a shame is we have to read your worthless, bitter, diatribe day after day after day after day after day after day after day.....

:cry:

Do you really think that JAY LENO, with his hundreds of Dusenbergs and other priceless automobiles could give two shits about some hybrid Ford?

It is a shame that a genuine car guy like Jay Leno is getting suckered into this hybrid crap...we all know it is purely for PR purposes.

i understand where you're coming from.....a couple weeks ago he drove to the show in an Equinox Plug-In or some bullshit like that, and last year i remember him promoting the Toyota Yaris, it's NBC that is trying to go green and it is pissing me off

im not hating on the hybrids but don't suck him into it

Do you really think that JAY LENO, with his hundreds of Dusenbergs and other priceless automobiles could give two shits about some hybrid Ford?

You seem to be fixated about multiple deposits of fecal matter. Perhaps you should stop going down the fire-pole head-first. :hysterical:

It is merely necessary for Leno to give only one deposit of same, which, as somebody who thinks that less pollution is a good idea, he appears to be willing to do.

Leno is as close to a true car guy as you can get in Hollywood. He has said several times that his old baker electric is one of his favorites. He also seems to love his steamers.

A plug in Hybrid is the only type of hybrid that can actually make economic sense. It is not a perfect solution, but it is the best one we have to date. Anything that can average 80-100mpg has got to look good in the face of $4.00+ for a gallon of gas...

Jay Leno is a TRUE CAR GUY. He loves just about everything on wheels. He does have a long history with Ford because his father was a Ford Man.

Leno has told a great story about going to the Ford dealer with his dad in '64 and he got ahold of the order sheet and checked off all the high performance options on the Galaxie his dad was buying. After the car was delivered Mr. Leno complained that the exhaust was so loud and the dealer told him that was the way he ordered it.

He may not personally HAVE to give even one sh*t about saving a red cent in fuel costs, but, he sure as heck does seem to appreciate both technological advancement and what's important to his audience. Most of his audience is made up of middle class people that are very much sensitive to the price of fuel and the cost of operating their vehicles. I could care less about global warming and environazis that are out to take away our big engine stop light warriors, but it does mean something to me when I go to fill up my tank once every two weeks and it costs me a small fortune to do so.

Personally, a plug in hybrid coupled with a solar charging system for it looks real nice as a reasonable long term solution to reduce my own personal dependence on fossil fuels. With gas prices likely to be $5.00 a gallon before the end of the year at the current rate, that means my anual cost of going back and forth to work is going to be $2600. In a few years, I plan on replacing my commute to work vehicle. If I can get a plug in hybrid and an accompanying solar recharging kit for a premium over a comperable regular vehicle that does not exceed 90% of my current yearly gas expenses multiplied by 3 (so, at the current $5.00 expectation, that's $7020, if gas keeps on going up, so does that number) then I'm going to give it some serious consideration.

So, you can all go and stand on your tub and thump it all day long about your own personal problem with all that's wrong with the world. I really couldn't care much less than I do now. But don't take a cr*p on Jay Leno for parading around plug in escape hybrid and praising the auto industry that brought it to us.

i understand where you're coming from.....a couple weeks ago he drove to the show in an Equinox Plug-In or some bullshit like that, and last year i remember him promoting the Toyota Yaris, it's NBC that is trying to go green and it is pissing me off

im not hating on the hybrids but don't suck him into it

Thank you...somebody gets it...

General Electric. In reality though, there are environmental problems that need to be addressed, whether or not GW is one of them.

i know this but we should not be forced to do stuff that we don't want to through government taxes and corporations(lol that sounds hippie)

who is NBC owned by and why does it tie into all this green shit?

I am not sure...I think it is all for PR purposes. That stupid little green peacock in the corner is supposed to save the planet. retard.gif

I think the reason Jay Leno is roped into it is because NBC doesn't want to be called a hypocrite seeing as one of the biggest motor heads in the WORLD, has a show on their network.

Thank you...somebody gets it...

CrownVic

YOU ROCK!!!

Global Warming is a hoax. Hybrids are just a politcal statement. "Look! Look at me Al Gore! I'm drinking your Kool-Aid" Even thought the arctic ice is thicker now than before your movie. Even though recent NOAA reports confirm that in the last 12 months the global temprature has dropped dramatrically as have solar activity... I want to give all the third world nations millions of dollars to help them stop GW even though it will make our standard of living just like theirs.

:cry:

Ford may or may not pay him to promote their vehicles. But, it doesn't matter.

Leno wears Ford on his HEARTSTRINGS. How do I know this? I've read Leno's autobiography. He rode home from the hospital in a 1941 Ford if I am not mistaken - he wrote about it in his autobiography. He also ordered up a hot hot hot Ford Galaxie 500. His dad let him choose all the options on the car, and he said his dad never let him do that again after that car. :hysterical: (The first question his dad asked was if the mufflers were broken because it was so loud, and the dealer said, "No, that's how LAKE PIPES are supposed to sound!" ... :hysterical: )

So yeah, his dad had a nice 428 policy interceptor engine in that Galaxie 500. Why do I remember these details from his biography, which I read my freshman year of English in high school? Because we have a 41 Ford in our garage and a 64 Ford Galaxie 500 (352) in our driveway ... just resonated with me.

Leno said right in his autobiography that he liked Fords a lot. He's a car guy, and of course he likes American cars. He also once said that he might like a Porsche if it sounded like a Corvette. He really loves American cars first and foremost.

Edited by SVT_MAN

Ford may or may not pay him to promote their vehicles. But, it doesn't matter.

Leno wears Ford on his HEARTSTRINGS. How do I know this? I've read Leno's autobiography. He rode home from the hospital in a 1941 Ford if I am not mistaken - he wrote about it in his autobiography. He also ordered up a hot hot hot Ford Galaxie 500. His dad let him choose all the options on the car, and he said his dad never let him do that again after that car. :hysterical: (The first question his dad asked was if the mufflers were broken because it was so loud, and the dealer said, "No, that's how LAKE PIPES are supposed to sound!" ... :hysterical: )

So yeah, his dad had a nice 428 policy interceptor engine in that Galaxie 500. Why do I remember these details from his biography, which I read my freshman year of English in high school? Because we have a 41 Ford in our garage and a 64 Ford Galaxie 500 (352) in our driveway ... just resonated with me.

Leno said right in his autobiography that he liked Fords a lot. He's a car guy, and of course he likes American cars. He also once said that he might like a Porsche if it sounded like a Corvette. He really loves American cars first and foremost.

i don't think P was bashing Ford this time.....i believe he was bashing Hybrids or more specifically the fact that NBC is trying to make it cool to drive a hybrid

Jay Leno has driven other Hybrids to work and had to talk about it on his show but when he comes in any other car it does not get much notice

This will forever be a hot topic on this site. Diesel Vs. Hybrids Vs. Ethanol

We might as well get used to Hybrids and Plug-In Hybrids.

I strongly believe they are here to stay and are the vehicles of the future. It can be argued over and over but in the end, a Hybrid is the most economical and environmentally friendly solution currently available. And everyday it becomes more and more apparent.

Just my two cents...

Edited by FoMoCobra

:baby:

He really loves American cars first and foremost.

Right...but the whole basis for this global warming scam is that the planet is warming because of cars. And this whole 'green' thing we have to listen to everyday is result of that.

I'm a car person too and can see the writing on the wall that the environazis are trying to kill the car and shove everyone into a silly hybrid.

And no true car guy would ever want to see a world filled with silly hybrid Escapes and Prius'.

what is so hard to understand ?!?! If you knew Leno, you would understand

he is not the kind of idiot that would drive a Super Duty to work every day - he believes in purpose built cars. He once openly laughed at people who commute in super cars, Porsches and Ferraris and complain that the clutch is too hard!!! He is the kind of guy that would NOT be ashamed to drive a minivan if his situation demanded it - BECAUSE the minivan is the best suited car for his meed at the moment... then he would wipe out his Ford GT or a Bentley for a night out in town with his wife, and later, on Sunday, he would pull out an Elise or something for an afternoon alone carving curves in the mountains.

it makes PERFECT sense for him to understand, admire and promote the advantages of Plug in hybrids as commuter mobiles - if all of us commuted by PHEV's we would eliminate a giant chunk of out oil consumption....

but I know you will come up with some stupid reason this all has to be a PR BS .... I just know you will ... idiots like you always get furious when they face a logical "in your face" truth ....

PS: if you do not believe in global warming, believe in our dependency on Middle Eastern Oil - either way - hybrids are a win .. no matter how you slice it.

Igor

Edited by igor