Ford: Next Gen Focus to begin production in NA in 2010

Harley Lover

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C-Max is a "Medium Minivan" (Picasso, Grand Scenic, Zafira, Touran), segment sales: 1,294k (+6.7%)

S-Max is a "Large Minivan" (Grand Espace, Sharan, Viano, 807), segment sales: 301K (0%)

Kuga is a "Medium SUV" (Captiva, X-Trail, RAV4, C-Crosser), segment sales: 608k (+22%)

Australia get this one now:

2008Focus.jpg

Actually, in terms of styling not all that much has to change on the US Focus for it to

look like its Euro cousin, look at the frontclip / headlight connection,

the front could look like the orange beast rather easily.

2008_ford_focus.jpg

Edited by jpd80

C-Max is a "Medium Minivan" (Picasso, Grand Scenic, Zafira, Touran), segment sales: 1,294k (+6.7%)

S-Max is a "Large Minivan" (Grand Espace, Sharan, Viano, 807), segment sales: 301K (0%)

Kuga is a "Medium SUV" (Captiva, X-Trail, RAV4, C-Crosser), segment sales: 608k (+22%)

C-Max is C segment and the Galaxy is the Large Minivan. the S-Max is in its own segment I would the tweener, between the Mondeo wagon and the Galaxy.

Edited by MKII

Australia get this one now:

2008Focus.jpg

Actually, in terms of styling not all that much has to change on the US Focus for it to

look like its Euro cousin, look at the frontclip / headlight connection,

the front could look like the orange beast rather easily.

2008_ford_focus.jpg

I would never guess these 2 cars have anything in common, the only resemblance my eyes see is a similar greenhouse and a blue oval badge.

Edited by MKII

I would never guess these 2 cars have anything in common, the only resemblance my eyes see is a similar greenhouse and a blue oval badge.

I think I could agree with you on that. The character line on the side panels is also similar on both.

C-Max is C segment and the Galaxy is the Large Minivan. the S-Max is in its own segment I would the tweener, between the Mondeo wagon and the Galaxy.

You're splitting hairs, the Galaxy has 2" more length and 2" more roof height over the S-Max.

Given they're the same width, there's little justification for the Galaxy to cost £2,000 more than S-Max.

Edited by jpd80

Doesn't really seem to change much of anything, unless the dates within the year have also changed. It has been known for some time that the Fiesta would arrive in late '09/early '10, Focus in mid-late '10.

Keep up with the official Ford Press Releases !

Fiesta Job #1 is 2010CY (probably Jan) meaning it won't show up in dealers until Mar or Apr of 2010. I'll bet it is marketed as a 2011MY vehicle !

You're splitting hairs, the Galaxy has 2" more length and 2" more roof height over the S-Max.

Given they're the same width, there's little justification for the Galaxy to cost £2,000 more than S-Max.

You would be better of with a Focus Stationwagon with all the seats up in the normal postion the Focus has more boot space than both the Galaxy & S Max combined.

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-comparison.as...6&ED3=48963

MPG of the Focus is miles higher as well.

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-comparison.as...6&ED3=48963

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Its not a battery issue, its a profit issue on why only 25K Escapes Hybrids are being built.

Ford Motor Company May 2008 Sales Call Transcript - Page 7 of 10

Chris Woodyard – USA Today

And you mentioned that the smaller SUVs, we’re not seeing a lot of switching to that.

Hybrid Escape I would think would be doing really well, are the hybrid Escape numbers out?

George Pipas

The hybrid Escape numbers are about equal to a year ago. And at this point, our hybrid volume

is pretty much capped by the agreements that we negotiated several years ago with regard to

how many hybrid modules we can build which is about 20,000 Escapes and about 4,000 Mariners.

When we get closer we’ll discuss the incremental hybrid volume that we hope to deliver with the

new Fusion and Milan which goes into production in December. But for right now, 24,000 is about

as much as we can sell and in many states, well in every state, they’re pretty hard to find.

Actually. I had a 1994 P71. It was a nice car and I'd like an LX sport... but I need the versitility of a hatchback if I'm gunna be driving a car.
Niles: The rental agency didn't have a single luxury car left. They stuck me with some vehicle I believe they call a hunchback.

Frasier: No. I think that would be a hatchback, Niles.

Niles: It's painted panic-button red, with a large rear window that pops open.

Frasier: That would be the hatchback.

Niles: Well, there's a novel idea: name the car after its most hideous feature. I presume it was a toss-up between "hatchback" and "what's that odor coming from the floor?"

http://www.tv.com/frasier/high-crane-drift...17/summary.html

As Americans shift to smaller (and nicer) cars, hatches will become more popular as folks realize it is such a more rational layout than a sedan in a vehicle not quite the size of a Crown Vic. Though it would have been nice had Ford made this move 10 years ago, at least they are doing it now rather than waiting ANOTHER 4 years.

Next up; diesels!

Wayne Assy .............I hope the Paint and body shops can handle running the extra hours considering managment is cutting away with the maintemance procedures there. the place is falling apart piece by piece. put a temp fix and run it!

Edited by firedude26

Frasier: That would be the hatchback.

Niles: Well, there's a novel idea: name the car after its most hideous feature. I presume it was a

toss-up between "hatchback" and "what's that odor coming from the floor?"

Here's an example of a hunchback:

7293_512.jpg

What? Why?

When was the last time YOU owned a hatchback? IIRC, you own an LS & and an ML.

Europeans like hatchbacks with limited trunk space, an unacceptable trait for downsizing Americans.

Americans need the good trunk space offered by a Sedan or a Station wagon.

Edited by jpd80

for compact cars i like hatchbacks a whole lot better than a sedan(i drove a ZX5 for about 5 months)

for midsize and up i prefer a sedan since there really is not a hatchback for a midsize and up, they are just called wagons and most of the time they look boring and dull, it's just not my thing

large cars have to be sedan

for compact cars i like hatchbacks a whole lot better than a sedan(i drove a ZX5 for about 5 months)

for midsize and up i prefer a sedan since there really is not a hatchback for a midsize and up, they are just called wagons and most of the time they look boring and dull, it's just not my thing

large cars have to be sedan

Last week, I drove a dedicated LPG Falcon wagon for a couple of days - it's bigger than a Taurus X

and is cheaper to run than a Corolla. FoA needs to advertise their E-Gas Falcon sedans and wagons much more.