2010 Taurus Spy Shot

ANTAUS

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The new turbocharged engine promises V8-like power with the efficiency of a four-cylinder." :redcard:

Sorry, Ford never said that. It was words to the effect of V8 Power and V6 FE. The EcoBoost I4 was V6 power with I4 FE.

These guys are setting it up so when Ford "Doesn't deliver" they can pat themselves on the back and say they were right.

That is a form of revisionism and that pisses me right off! Wow, I am angry and that is not normal...Okay, I'm done, venting off.

OTOH, I am looking forward to the 2010 releases.

Edited by Hugh

"The new turbocharged engine promises V8-like power with the efficiency of a four-cylinder." :redcard:

Sorry, Ford never said that. It was words to the effect of V8 Power and V6 FE. The EcoBoost I4 was V6 power with I4 FE.

These guys are setting it up so when Ford "Doesn't deliver" they can pat themselves on the back and say they were right.

That is a form of revisionism and that pisses me right off! Wow, I am angry and that is not normal...Okay, I'm done, venting off.

OTOH, I am looking forward to the 2010 releases.

email them

*yawn*

Proportions are still tall, flabby, and geriatric.

I remember when the rumor mill was buzzing that the next Taurus would be RWD, with the next Explorer sharing the same platform.

These spyshots can effectively lay those rumors to rest.

Thats no this generation of Taurus that the rumours were about, and IMO, this car, based on the spy pics we saw earlier, is none of the things you describe it as.

*yawn*

Proportions are still tall, flabby, and geriatric.

I remember when the rumor mill was buzzing that the next Taurus would be RWD, with the next Explorer sharing the same platform.

These spyshots can effectively lay those rumors to rest.

It's a Taurus. Now granted the original was all aero and such, it never would have passed for anything but a family hauler. Not to mention how big the Taurus is these days.

Do you mean as opposed to the MKS' D3"2"?

Yes, to my knowledge it's still on a variation of the D3 platform. I would assume it will receive the same upgrades the MKS and Flex have recieved compared to the "original" D3 platform.

well i hope it is not just a smooth riding large car that looks good

From what I understand, the camo padding is designed to do just what has here...obscure any defining lines and blur any hints to future design direction until Ford wants to get more "clandestine" input....you will see an "un-padded" 2010 Taurus running around in 2-5 months with the "peanut shaped" paint camo job insteead of the padded coverings.

My question is simply this.....will it remain front drive and will it spawn a rear drive variant to replace Crown Victoria? I believe that D3 cannot be all things to all designs. This replacement should have it's own design using the very best that Ford can muster from within her empire or fine chassis designers.

These are useless spy shots.

Did Leftlane take down their Taurus photos? I can't get them anymore.

I really like the new Taurus with the notable exception of the Mondeo inspired grille. I would actually like to see a next-gen Fusion like Taurus fascia!

Edited by BORG