What Will Ford Reveal at Detroit Auto Show?

Grabber Blue w/black stripes and rear window louvers.........just like my diecast model!

Diecast hell, that's the same combo as the 70 Mach 1 I am restoring. Q code (428CJ), 4-speed. Where did you find a Grabber Blue Mach 1 diecast? All I have ever seen in that color are Boss 302 or 429 diecasts.

Diecast hell, that's the same combo as the 70 Mach 1 I am restoring. Q code (428CJ), 4-speed. Where did you find a Grabber Blue Mach 1 diecast? All I have ever seen in that color are Boss 302 or 429 diecasts.

I could be wrong on the year - I'll have to go check. In the meantime, here's one:

http://www.diecastfast.com/Merchant2/merch...OD/MS/H61-50646

Sorry, you were right. It was a Boss 302. It's still badass, though.

Sort of a quickie

SVO.jpg

Give it an almost Falcon-ish upper grille opening and raise the headlights up a little. Maybe use the new Falcon/Fiesta lower maw as well.

I'm not sure what kind of scoop, if any, should be used. The SVO's scoop fed the intercooler, which should properly be in the front instead of under the hood. (For 'heritage' purposes, it would be offset to the right, not centered)

Oh, and lose the mid-window rear spoiler - it doesn't need it. The original bi-plane spoiler was created due to the squarish roofline of the Foxes, which had a bit of rear turbulence. The bi-plane negated the turbulence and removed much of the drag and lift caused by it.

The original SVO's styling wasn't to try to make it look different, it was all about the aerodynamics.

This is from Wednesday's Detroit Free Press:

"Expectations have been high for the 2010 Taurus since Ford Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally told dealers the next model to bear the iconic name would live up to the original trailblazing Taurus, which redefined the American sedan and was the country's best-selling car for years.

The new Taurus builds on the dramatic styling of Ford's European lineup and reportedly features a spacious and well-appointed interior. The 2010 Taurus should go on sale next fall. Ford will build it in Chicago.

Ford will also pull the wraps off the 2010 Mustang GT 500 performance model and a stylish three-row luxury crossover for its Lincoln luxury brand. The new Lincoln, which will go on sale midyear, borrows from the styling of the excellent MKT concept vehicle. Ford designers call the MKT the fullest expression yet of Lincoln's new look."

http://www.freep.com/article/20081126/COL14/811260381

So no Fiesta or Focus? Chevy is showing the Cruze, and thats as far off as either of those two.

I'm sure the Fiesta will be there -- it was at the show last year. Ford is moving away from the Show and wait 2 years before production. Also have to look at to what will be shown at the DC show as well as Chicago and NY Ford likes to have new product for those shows as well. L.A. and D.C. being the environment friendly launches.

I can't believe you all missed it. What comes out at shows? CONCEPTS! And if they are well received, a year or two later, you see the end result of the dollars spent on the concepts!

Therefore, given the fact the 427 and the Interceptor had all kinds of favorable follow up (wasn't the 427 on the cover of Autoweek twice?) and given the fact that the Bronco was equally well received and that it also appears that its predecessor early Bronco is one of the "in" vehicles that Madison Avenue likes to use in its clever ad campaigns, we can reason that we will see:

- A RWD 4 door sedan with out the extra weight of the Panther but with a V-6 or 4.6 and six speed auto- after all, if my ponderous 07 CV Sport can get 22.5 city and almost 24 hiway @ 75 MPH with a trunk full of junk, think what less weight and more gears would do.

-A small Bronco complete with DuraTech 4, or V -6, and yes- even one of those 2 liter Euro diesels we all read about.

Ah, but what came over me- no need for flames, I withdraw the thought.

took some liberties Tim, hope you dont mind.

No problem. I'm not done with it either. I SAID it was quickie LOL!

Anyway, I loved the biplane rear spoiler! And the off center scoop annoyed me.....it's my chop after all :happy feet:

But it does need to be more aero/modern than the GT.

BTW this should be moved to the photoshop section I suppose.

post-19198-1227728697_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1227728708_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

We know for certain that the 2010 Shelby GT500 is coming to Detroit in January. I assume the Fiesta intro may be pushed up to January considering current events. It also needs to be shown off at a high-profile show like Detroit. I don't think MKT introduction can wait for New York because production is schedule to begin in May.

My Predictions

Detroit:

2010 Ford Taurus

2010 Ford Fiesta

Chicago:

2010 Lincoln MKT

New York:

?

We know for certain that the 2010 Shelby GT500 is coming to Detroit in January. I assume the Fiesta intro may be pushed up to January considering current events. It also needs to be shown off at a high-profile show like Detroit. I don't think MKT introduction can wait for New York because production is schedule to begin in May.

My Predictions

Detroit:

2010 Ford Taurus

2010 Ford Fiesta

I just read that N.A. Fiesta Job #1 was pushed back to the 2nd quarter of 2010, so I don't think it will be at the 2009 NAIAS.

I just read that N.A. Fiesta Job #1 was pushed back to the 2nd quarter of 2010, so I don't think it will be at the 2009 NAIAS.

My favorite part of that article:

Ford spends about $6 billion dollars annually with 328 suppliers in Mexico, he confirmed, up from $500 million five years ago.

Asked by how much Ford might boost its spending on suppliers in the country in the next five years, Serrano responded: "It could be another $3 billion."

That is just one company. Spread the numbers across the board, and you have the answer as to why the American economy went to hell.

Hmmm, not much left, is there? Mustang, and all three triplets revealed at L.A. plus new Sport and Hybrid models. Ford blew its wad at this show. Now with Mitsubishi and shocking Nissan withdrawl at Detroit, looks like very weak show. Can't believe Nissan ducked out. Nissan has major research site here and fair number of Nissan Dealers in Metro Detroit. They must be pissed.

Detroit is looking like show to miss this coming year. Am I missing something? Ford has no more reveals coming anytime soon. Fiesta was shown at last years show. Only reveal remaining would be MKT, and I don't know if that is confirmed for Detroit.

Maybe Ford will reveal European Focus or some other European car slated for the States? Detroit needs some buzz and so far doesn't look good at all.

I'd like to see a production ready ecoboost F-150 along with some real world mileage, and towing ratings. If it can produce adequate performance and way better mileage, I could be interested in ordering a 2010 model. If it doesn't make the grade, I'll be holding on to my '03 diesel crew for truck stuff and buying a car for my next daily driver.

My favorite part of that article:

That is just one company. Spread the numbers across the board, and you have the answer as to why the American economy went to hell.

Exactly.

Let's ask for billions from the American taxpayers so we can invest more money and jobs in Mexico.

I hope the new administration shreads NAFTA leaving the big 3 hung out to dry south of the border.