"We speak car"

Courtesy of Ford via youtube.

Hybrid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIAclinwG6Y...re=channel_page

MPGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTUoVzBEZaA...re=channel_page

It talks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFSPMKpYk8...re=channel_page

Decent ads, but not great. I'd say 7 out of 10 in my non-advertising marketing mind. They convey the message, they have a consistent theme, and unique messaging, but it's hard believe that they'll rise above the clutter of other marketing messages about cars. But it's a step, a direct step, at changing the opinion of consumers towards Ford.

Any other opinions?

Scott

Decent ads, but not great. I'd say 7 out of 10 in my non-advertising marketing mind. They convey the message, they have a consistent theme, and unique messaging, but it's hard believe that they'll rise above the clutter of other marketing messages about cars. But it's a step, a direct step, at changing the opinion of consumers towards Ford.

Any other opinions?

Scott

I disagree. I find them to be excellent. Ford USA hasn't put out ads as good as the ones for the Fusion and the F 150 since...well...a long time.

Courtesy of Ford via youtube.

Hybrid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIAclinwG6Y...re=channel_page

MPGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTUoVzBEZaA...re=channel_page

It talks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFSPMKpYk8...re=channel_page

Any other opinions?

Scott

Marketing is not about having the most entertaining ads. It is about what message you want to get out and what is the best way to get it out. As an ad, they could have done better. On a marketing sence, it is very, very good. They just need to give the creative people some time to come up with a better way to get the message "Ford speaks car" out. But I think the message is right. An added bonus is that it pushes Fords advantage with Sync very well.

Very good ads. Direct, cool and to the point. My only (anal self) hot button is they use the terms "RPM's & MPG's". It just drives me nuts when people say RPMS (revolutions per minutes?) It's as bad as hearing "VIN number" (vehicle identification number number) or "ATM machine". Ok........I'm done. I guess I really, really need to get a life.............LOL.

Anyway.............great ads!

I find the commercials to be very good. I find them to be catchy and very to the point. Each of them has their own message to get across. The coherent theme to them is very nice too. People will be able to recognize the three commercials and likely be able to immediately identify that they are about the Fusion. The seemingly simplistic nature of them is also very nice. And unlike recent advertisements from GM the commercials don't call out other cars. I view the recent GM commercials immature and unnecessary, at least in my opinion.

Very good ads. Direct, cool and to the point. My only (anal self) hot button is they use the terms "RPM's & MPG's". It just drives me nuts when people say RPMS (revolutions per minutes?) It's as bad as hearing "VIN number" (vehicle identification number number) or "ATM machine". Ok........I'm done. I guess I really, really need to get a life.............LOL.

Anyway.............great ads!

At least they don't use apostrophes to pluralize RPMs... That's my pet peeve :P

I thought they were great. They did a good job with the visuals. Everything looked very up-to-date and they were able to hold my attention throughout. It's nice to see them focus briefly on every aspect of the car (exterior, interior, dash, etc) and hearing the engine in the second video was a nice attention grabber. Engine acceleration sound makes people think "sporty," and Ford doesn't do that enough in its commercials.

I spent 15 years in the entertainment business as a performer, choreographer, professional sound engineer, motion picture technician, etc after graduating from a top business college with a marketing degree and actual advertising agency experience. For the past 23 years I've run an in-house corporate agency representing 2 Ford dealerships, a real estate development firm, a corporate air charter business and championship Arabian horses and more. Even though I've contributed a fair number of posts here on BON and have driven Ford or Lincoln-Mercury products almost exclusively I don't consider myself to be the typical "car guy" that produces dealership advertising. My background goes far beyond the automotive industry which helps give me a much broader perspective from a marketing perspective.

Do I think that Jim Farley was a good or great acquisition by Ford? Absolutely! Have I been impressed with Ford's marketing since he took over? NO! I understand what he was trying to start/establish with the "Drive One" banner but it doesn't help accomplish what's needed at the local dealership level which is showroom traffic and sales. The "Drive One" campaign is nice but lacks the emotional "vibe" that causes prospective customers and the target audience to actually react. Unfortunately, the way the marketing business works in regard to advertising agencies, they're always expected to come up with new great creative that will stimulate sales. God forbid that anyone suggest that they revisit a campaign theme from the past for fear that they will look as less than creative in the eyes of the client, etc. Years ago Ford used the "Ford Has a Better Idea" campaign which was good but in today's market there's never been a better time to re-launch the "Have You Driven a Ford... Lately?" campaign. The new product being launched this Spring and Summer only adds to the campaign support.

I understand the "We Speak Car" campaign but find it to be too genereic. Nowhere is the 2010 Ford Fusion identified as an all-new model and overall the marketing approach is all too subtle and/or generic. Ford needs to be more aggressive in getting the message out that FORD is America's car company.

I spent 15 years in the entertainment business as a performer, choreographer, professional sound engineer, motion picture technician, etc after graduating from a top business college with a marketing degree and actual advertising agency experience. For the past 23 years I've run an in-house corporate agency representing 2 Ford dealerships, a real estate development firm, a corporate air charter business and championship Arabian horses and more. Even though I've contributed a fair number of posts here on BON and have driven Ford or Lincoln-Mercury products almost exclusively I don't consider myself to be the typical "car guy" that produces dealership advertising. My background goes far beyond the automotive industry which helps give me a much broader perspective from a marketing perspective.

Do I think that Jim Farley was a good or great acquisition by Ford? Absolutely! Have I been impressed with Ford's marketing since he took over? NO! I understand what he was trying to start/establish with the "Drive One" banner but it doesn't help accomplish what's needed at the local dealership level which is showroom traffic and sales. The "Drive One" campaign is nice but lacks the emotional "vibe" that causes prospective customers and the target audience to actually react. Unfortunately, the way the marketing business works in regard to advertising agencies, they're always expected to come up with new great creative that will stimulate sales. God forbid that anyone suggest that they revisit a campaign theme from the past for fear that they will look as less than creative in the eyes of the client, etc. Years ago Ford used the "Ford Has a Better Idea" campaign which was good but in today's market there's never been a better time to re-launch the "Have You Driven a Ford... Lately?" campaign. The new product being launched this Spring and Summer only adds to the campaign support.

I understand the "We Speak Car" campaign but find it to be too genereic. Nowhere is the 2010 Ford Fusion identified as an all-new model and overall the marketing approach is all too subtle and/or generic. Ford needs to be more aggressive in getting the message out that FORD is America's car company.

I definitely agree with all your sentiments there.

I think reviving an old slogan will just make people think that nothing has changed at Ford. They'll think, "Yeah I drove a Ford the last time you ran that campaign... and that's why I drive a Toyota now."

Hmmm, never thought of it that way.

I think reviving an old slogan will just make people think that nothing has changed at Ford. They'll think, "Yeah I drove a Ford the last time you ran that campaign... and that's why I drive a Toyota now."

Agree. They're not looking to appeal to us, we're already here. They need to convey something (I apologize for the marketing buzzwords) fresh, new, different.

I know that there's no "ah-hah" moment, but it's coming. These ads, along with ones I'm sure we'll see for the new Taurus and Fiesta, are meant to lay the groundwork for future marketing efforts. They need to get the idea into peoples heads that "We know cars, we have very good cars. Class leading, in fact." Then, once the economy is back, and the rest of the line is flusehd out, we'll see the big push. I think so, at least.

• 1 month later...

I think that the ads are perfect and that Mr. Farley is doing a wonderful job. The ads send out a message that is consistent. They also highlight features of the car that are unique such as the speedometer of the hybrid and regular sedan, the fuel efficiency, the inclusion of sync technolgy, the 12 speaker audio, and great engine range.

I think that the ads are perfect and that Mr. Farley is doing a wonderful job. The ads send out a message that is consistent. They also highlight features of the car that are unique such as the speedometer of the hybrid and regular sedan, the fuel efficiency, the inclusion of sync technolgy, the 12 speaker audio, and great engine range.

I agree, especially after seeing them more often on TV now. I like them every time I see them.