Improvements to the Taurus SHO

Things I'd change:

Added/more aggressive rocker extensions and lower body molding.

Different seats with more aggressive bolstering.

Make the brown Miko suede inserts available for the "popular" colors.

Integrated boost gauge.

My biggest disappointment when I ordered my SHO was that I couldn't get the brown Miko Suede with the Candy red metallic or the steel blue paint. It's only available with the Cinnamon and Pearl White Tri-coat (maybe black too, can't remember). While it wasn't a deal breaker it doesn't make any sense to me why marketing would make one of the SHO exclusive interior enhancements available with some of the most "unpopular" colors.

The seats I thought were fine in the SEL I drove but when you look back at the Gen 1 and 2 SHO's, more aggressively bolstered seats were almost a trademark of the car. I would have liked to have seen something similar with the 2010.

I think the front fascia is fine and the LED light tubes have grown on me but I would have liked to see some tasteful (no Pontiac style) rocker extensions from the front wheel wells to the rear. Maybe Ford will offer something aftermarket but again, if the you look at the Gen 1 and 2 cars, they had similar detailing that set them apart.

A boost gauge would be a "nice to have" although it would probably need to be something added on to the A-pillar or the like.

BTW, my SHO is scheduled to be built October 5th so I would think I'd have it by the end of next month.

I agree with the more aggressive styling previously mentioned. I also agree with having the performance package more availible. I still haven't seen it here in Canada on build and price yet. Speaking of a weight-loss plan; I don't know if that's possible now but if you can, go for it. Perhaps a more intrusive sound in the cabin for the enthusiatists. I don't know about a D4 sized coupe where there isn't plans for a CD3 coupe (I'd love to have that) so I can't see the justification. 'Ess H Oh': I'm with you on that because I remember 'show' as a slang name. Finally, I'd love to see a Manual.

Edited by Hugh

Says who - and why?

Also adjusted for inflation, the 2010 SHO costs just about the same as a 1990 SHO.

I think people are just having sticker shock...its not the 1990's anymore and Ford isn't in the business to make a 15K Taurus any more. Yet people have no problem blowing 50K on a F-150...which to me is farking stupid.

As for the weight, doesn't bother me, that will be corrected on the next gen Taurus...

Everyone complains about the pricing of this vehicle, yet hasn't given one reason why this vehicle should cost less. Have any of you shopped cars in the 38-45K price range before? Do you know what that type of money gets you in that price range?

- Performance Pkg availability across the board

- Better seats

- Paddle shifter reconfigured + on one side - on the other and a bit more robust

- Better brakes

- Moonroof delete

- Weight reduction

[*]Light colored (stone?) Interior

I definitely agree with that one, or at least make the interior appearance package thing (the one with the lighter brown suede inserts) avaialable on all colors.

Call it Esss, H, Ohhh!

+1

1. Allow the SHO performance package to be ordered along with rapid spec 402A.

+1