Mulally to make "BIG" announcement at CES

3. Steve Jobs declares that Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) has invented the electric iCar. Instead of optional equipment, customers will pay a monthly fee for apps. Recharging will take place only at Apple-owned outlets.

Gripping the steering wheel too tightly causes the car to stop running.

The Monthly Fee would be analogous to Microsoft/etc's music rental model, not Apple's ownership model for apps and music.

Big announcement?? Lets see......could be:

1.) Panther chassis will be spun off into it's own company

2.) Ranger will be built by new "Panther" manufacturing company

3.) New company will have exclusive rights to Twin I Beam suspension format

Tune in @ CES

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Hey, the new company would at least one customer for life!

That was like waiting for a big Christmas bonus and only getting membership to the "Jelly-of-the-month club".

"I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane, with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here with a big ribbon on his head. And, I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, floor-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey sh** he is! Hallelujah! Holly Sh**! Where's the Tylenol?"

One of the all-time greatest movie rants ever. :hysterical:

• Like 1

Ya that grill is really nice. And did you notice the slick rotating charge port cover? That's hot! I'd definitely take this over the leaf - it looks just as well put together, and the design is MUCH nicer. It's an attractive car, while the Leaf is decidedly unattractive, in my opinion. Only complaint: "Late 2011". I don't want them to rush this, but I just wish they weren't quite as far behind as that. Mid 2011 would be fine. Can't wait for the unveil at 2pm today.

Pretty slick! The spinning LED's around the charge port are a little gimmicky, but eh, I'll take it. I do agree the door design is pretty cool though.

As far as the interior, I really wish Ford would design more than one dash layout for MyFord/Lincoln Touch-equipped vehicles. That looks almost identical to my Edge's dash. While I think it's a handsome design, the fact that the majority of the display is digital lends itself to a lot more design options than Ford is currently exploring.

I'd say the front end design of the new Focus is a little more handsome than the regular focus.

Nissan, meet your trump card...I think the only reservation ( and Im not really a proponent of all electric cars, seems its a too and from work vehicle, but you need another car for true distance ) I have is MSRP.....

From what I read, yes. That's how you know it's done.

According to the CMAX article, it spins twice to let you know it's connected, then it lights up each quadrant as it charges. When all 4 are lit up it's fully charged. I think the current quadrant flashes.