News on Lincoln

news on Lincoln

Interesting article.

"...

After several failed tries, Ford Motor Co. vows that this time, its revival of the ailing Lincoln brand will succeed.

Lincoln, whose sales zenith exceeded 231,000 cars in 1990, is at the bottom of the luxury brands today, with U.S. sales of 57,800 through August.

Dearborn-based Ford has a lot riding on Lincoln's recovery — and not just its $1 billion commitment to the effort. Successful global automakers need a luxury brand for buyers to move up to, or risk losing a high-margin sale to the competition. Think Toyota and Lexus; Chevrolet and Cadillac; Honda and Acura.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110907/AUTO01/109070385/Ford-spends-$1B--plans-7-new-models-to-reposition-Lincoln#ixzz1XNWsSfvi

Does the EU Mondeo have electronic suspension? I thought I read at the last redesign that it did.

HERE's a Mondeo .pdf that MKII posted some time ago

it goes into some detail about about "Ford's Driver Select Suspension system with Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD)"

really wish a non-C-concept Lincolnette car** would be out before 2014cy

**not the MKG/KuGa cuvlet

When it comes to upgrading luxury vehicles, spending a billion dollars is chicken feed.

Ford dodged a huge $8 Billion bullet selling J/LR and another $5 Billion selling Volvo.

If Ford can puill off some magic with Lincoln by spending so little, then they will give

Lincoln a huge financial edge over competitors like Cadillac and Lexus.

Edited by jpd80

I guess that means Lincoln will have nice vehicles in three to five years....

Actually, Lincoln has nice vehicles right now, and they will be even nicer in three to five years. Imagine = if you can think that far into the future = how nice they are going to be in ten to fifteen years? :)

if they dont have a cts v killer why bother? :reading:

Ah, the CTSV, built on a platform that cost Cadillac near $8 billion to develop.

Do you think they will ever get that money back or do you subscribe to Lincoln building a "me too" car because they can?

Lincoln is better off pursuing the CUV and SUV market with Aviator and posibly a Lincolnized Escape,

IMO, those two vehicles make more sense than wasting money and resources on a CTSV fighter...

Edited by jpd80

Actually, Lincoln has nice vehicles right now, and they will be even nicer in three to five years. Imagine = if you can think that far into the future = how nice they are going to be in ten to fifteen years? :)

Interesting how that fact gets overlooked or even dismissed but MKZ, MKX and MKS are great products.

Add a LWB version of MKS and there's your new Town Car, give Lincoln Aviator, a refreshed Navigator

and a baby Escape based SUV and Lincoln would have greater sales potential.

Meh, Lincoln is a work in progress...

if they dont have a cts v killer why bother? :reading:

Ah, the CTSV, built on a platform that cost Cadillac near $8 billion to develop.

Do you think they will ever get that money back or do you subscribe to Lincoln building a "me too" car because they can?

Lincoln is better off pursuing the CUV and SUV market with Aviator and posibly a Lincolnized Escape,

IMO, those two vehicles make more sense than wasting money and resources on a CTSV fighter...

I *love* the CTS ... imho it's the best PONTIAC ever built

...Add a LWB version of MKS and there's your new Town Car...

yes.gif

Jpd, do you think Fomoco will be the last to know this?

(...maybe they already ARE the last to know this)

StarShips.gif

I *love* the CTS ... imho it's the best PONTIAC ever built

How stupid are GM, they spend all that money on Sigma, then build Zeta, give Sigma Zeta's less costly suspension...

Why didn't they just develop high series Zetas ( Commodore and Caprice) as Cadillacs and be done with it..

yes.gif

Jpd, do you think Fomoco will be the last to know this?

(...maybe they already ARE the last to know this)

StarShips.gif

The time and energy spent on MKT for a few hundred sales a month has gotta make you wonder,

Lincoln buyers and liveries are much more conservative and the giant hatchback is well, off putting.....

Surely, MKS on 117.9" MKT wheelbase is a no brainer as a Lincoln flag ship.

Edited by jpd80

While I agree that Lincoln has nice vehicles, I do not find them to be much, if any, better than the current Fords which seem to be equally as nice.....

I should have said that: Lincoln will have vehicles in three to five years that are significantly better than the equivalent Ford vehicles...

While I agree that Lincoln has nice vehicles, I do not find them to be much, if any, better than the current Fords which seem to be equally as nice.....

I should have said that: Lincoln will have vehicles in three to five years that are significantly better than the equivalent Ford vehicles...

The new MKZ is due out within the next 15 months.

When it comes to upgrading luxury vehicles, spending a billion dollars is chicken feed.

Good point.

Lincoln is not gunning for Mercedes or BMW just trying to pick off a few Cadillac lounge lizards here and there.

Personally I'd get a Limited Taurus if I wanted a luxury Ford.

I don't recall ever having this kind of focus on the brand.

You are right. Perhaps in the early 50's, when there were Mexican Road Race Lincolns, there was this kind of attention, but I doubt it, because the competition was way less intense.

Negatards are in for some surprises. :)

• Like 1