Cadillac XTS

Anthony

For some reason when I look at this I see Avalon meets STS...not necessarily in a good way either. Something just seems off about it. It might be that the wheels appear seemingly small on it but I don't think it is just that. Nothing about it is groundbreaking in anyway and if anything it looks somewhat old already. Don't get me wrong there is nothing offensive or off-putting about it, it is just very pedestrian. Granted this is just my opinion.

• Like 1

IMHO, great shape. The problem is the front clip. The headlights are "chunky", and the grille has too many elements as it is done.

It's a good use of the Cadillac theme, but not particularly charming. :)

Yeah, but the high performance RWD chassis will make up for it. Oh wait...........

(just to be clear, I think it's ok for both Lincoln and Caddy - I was making fun of others that complain about the MKS being FWD)

Okay, but not great. Personally the Caddy design is getting long in the tooth. The front, I can say is simply okay. I hate those huge creases in the doors. And the way the rear is shaped reminds me of a particular Volvo for some reason. From a design standpoint, I'm not impressed.

Edited by V8-X

Okay, but not great. Personally the Caddy design is getting long in the tooth. The front, I can say is simply okay. I hate those huge creases in the doors. And the way the rear is shaped reminds me of a particular Volvo for some reason. From a design standpoint, I'm not impressed.

I got a feeling that the ATS is just going to be the shrunk down version of this....thus explaining GM CEO's comments about this car and the ATS.

The CTS looks better IMO

Lt. Dan's comments about it not "knocking my socks off" are correct. It's not bad, but it does not make a statement either. They could have done better. The Buicks are all better (even the Verano.) I also think the MkS is a better looking even though it is a style that's been out for a few years.

It does look almost like the show car last year. (That didn't knock off my socks either.)

Edited by atomcat68

Supposedly the 300HP 3.6L is the only engine choice...at least the MKS has THAT going for it...wonder what the pricing on the XTS will be.

I really don't see it selling much better than the MKS since it's based upon LaCrosse architecture and to my eyes at least looks much like it. So it will have huge blind spot A pillar for sure. The new LaCrosse looks great from the outside, but sitting in it is a whole other story. I would expect the XTS to be the same. At least the MKS got a refresh that improved on its weaknesses and we don't even know the weaknesses of the XTS yet. And I believe the MKS is better disguised from the Taurus than the XTS is from the LaCrosse.