Ford Fiesta Five Door Face-lift Fotographed

New cars may be better quality and have higher standards of features, but it seems like every car nowadays is made all but impossible to see out. Door pillars too high, or an upsweep of the side sheet metal leaving narrow slits for windows.

My '90 Corolla may have been a bore-mobile, but you could see in almost every direction.

• Like 1

New cars may be better quality and have higher standards of features, but it seems like every car nowadays is made all but impossible to see out. Door pillars too high, or an upsweep of the side sheet metal leaving narrow slits for windows.

My '90 Corolla may have been a bore-mobile, but you could see in almost every direction.

If you have trouble seeing out of any subcompact, you probably shouldn't be allowed to drive.

• Like 1

I'd say seeing is every bit the safety feature as crash resistance.

As it is, C/D pillars have gotten so large (and rear window so small) the blind spot created is like driving a (cargo) van.

I have no problems seeing out of my Edge with its high belt line and ginormous C/D pillars. :shrug:

Ice Blue lighting, hopefully the auto HVAC will be availible here and finally there's the centre armrest console :) . I hope the D16 gets some love like DI or an improvement of power from 120 to say 140hp and 112 to 125-30 lb ft. This will distance itself from the EB10.

Speaking of visibility, I have only one beef with the drivers 'A' pillar. When I do a long sweeping curve to the left, the pillar is right in my line of sight when I want to look further ahead. It can be disconcerning at times. I've tried different seating postions but the position I have is my favorite and most comfortable. Therefore, I feel I have to lean my head further forward or backwards then I used to. C'est la vie. :shrug:

I'd say seeing is every bit the safety feature as crash resistance.

As it is, C/D pillars have gotten so large (and rear window so small) the blind spot created is like driving a (cargo) van.

Don't forget the A pillars, especially on the latest GM cars like the LaCrosse. They are huge and make seeing through intersections and from turnarounds much more difficult. At least Ford is not quite that bad. I'm with you on the rear window, especially on Focus and Fiesta hatch as view out rear is next to existent. Form over function in spades. Yeah, cars from the 90's and even early 2000's look like greenhouses in comparison. I love outward visibility and reason why I hardly ever drive my Boxster with top up if possible. My Taurus has good visibility outward, but not great in rear with spoiler on back. The visibility on the 2013 Fusion didn't look too bad, but I will have to get in it to see how good or bad it is. I sat in the 2013 Escape and it wasn't great or terrible. Probably about as good as it's going to get. Luckily Ford seems to be one of the best out there with GM being the worst it seems.

Just about every new vehicle that I have test driven has rediculous "A" pillars, and a high cowl line. Granted, I had 3 LS's, so think of it as about 10 years of having a low cowl, and suddenly I get into an MKS where I felt as if I was piloting a bathtub. I think one of the worst offenders ( other than Chry 300)..one of the few ways to escape it was going up, meaning, to an MKX to have a better vision.

back to the fiesta, I wonder how many changes will be made to the fiesta to make Us and ROW more similar? if any.

there is a opportunity to bring the US fiesta's wieght more in line with the ROW fiesta's weight. US's 2600lbs vs ROW 2400lbs

Not unless they change the U.S. crash standards.