2013 Ford Fusion Order Guide

BORG

Its difficult for me to wrap my head around Fusion with no available V-6. Perhaps they'll do something later on about that but I'm just not sure how willing that market segment will be to accept a midsize sedan without a V-6. Time will tell.

Ford is offering a V6 equivalent which has a better torque curve and fuel efficiency. Say goodbye to the old V6 as we now know it.

I don't quite understand why they are loading up the SE model with most of the available options of the Titanium. Just give the option of the 1.6 and stick shift combo to the Titanium and be done with it.

Same thing is happening on the 2013 Escape. By the time you load up the SEL, you come out cheaper with the features bundled already on the Titanium. Only thing you can't get is the 1.6.

It's almost making trim lines irrelevant

Maybe one of the reason or at least the benefit if I was in North America looking to buy the new Fusion, is with the SE you can load it up very similar to the Titanium spec's as you mention, but the plus IMO is that you are not forced to have MyFordTouch. Whereas with the Titanium there is no choice but to have MFT.

Edited by MKII

Maybe one of the reason or at least the benefit if I was in North America looking to buy the new Fusion, is with the SE you can load it up very similar to the Titanium spec's as you mention, but the plus IMO is that you are not forced to have MyFordTouch. Whereas with the Titanium there is no choice but to have MFT.

The problem is that a loaded out SEL often costs more then a Titanium model...

Its difficult for me to wrap my head around Fusion with no available V-6. Perhaps they'll do something later on about that but I'm just not sure how willing that market segment will be to accept a midsize sedan without a V-6. Time will tell.

I-4 version accounts for around 80% of sales, sounds like Ford is confident that Ecoboost 2.0 will snare enough sales.

Times are changing and you'll probably find that a 3.5 V6 AWD with 18/28 doesn't cut it anymore with buyers, so long as the

EB20 gives a good V6 like response, it will do fine as the superior gas mileage is still more important these days..

Edited by jpd80

"Its difficult for me to wrap my head around Fusion with no available V-6. Perhaps they'll do something later on ... Time will tell."

Welcome to the 10's, it's not the 90's V6 HP race anymore. With import makers even dropping 6's from the D segment, "time is telling" us that gas ain't cheap anymore. Most likely any V6 will come back it would be a diesel, natural gas, or hybrid.

The one regret I have is that FNA didn't latch onto the 2.5 I-5 Turbo and apply some Ecoboost lovin' to it.

That engine already fits in the Mondeo-Taurus and in EB form punched out 300 hp and 335 lb ft.

I love that killer growl of the I-5T, pretty cool and a lot smoother than big pot I-4s..

Speaking of, now with the new Escape and Fusion coming on, when is the 3.0L Duratec officially being put out to pasture?

AFAIK, D30 PIP was running on one line for the past two years or so for 2012 Fusion and Escape. I'd assume yes. Same as the D25 looks like it's going on it's way too.

Hi BORG--

Do you see availability of cooled/ventilated seats in the Titanium or Hybrid Fusion for 2013?

No, only heated seats are indicated. No heated steering wheel either.

I-4 version accounts for around 80% of sales, sounds like Ford is confident that Ecoboost 2.0 will snare enough sales.

Times are changing and you'll probably find that a 3.5 V6 AWD with 18/28 doesn't cut it anymore with buyers, so long as the

EB20 gives a good V6 like response, it will do fine as the superior gas mileage is still more important these days..

"Its difficult for me to wrap my head around Fusion with no available V-6. Perhaps they'll do something later on ... Time will tell."

Welcome to the 10's, it's not the 90's V6 HP race anymore. With import makers even dropping 6's from the D segment, "time is telling" us that gas ain't cheap anymore. Most likely any V6 will come back it would be a diesel, natural gas, or hybrid.

Indeed, V6 engines now need to justify their existence through more horsepower. Combine that with poorer fuel economy makes them luxury options best suited for premium vehicles (like Edge). The V6 is now an endangered species. Ford is just much farther along in this arms race.

Speaking of, now with the new Escape and Fusion coming on, when is the 3.0L Duratec officially being put out to pasture?

AFAIK, D30 PIP was running on one line for the past two years or so for 2012 Fusion and Escape. I'd assume yes. Same as the D25 looks like it's going on it's way too.

Was it in anything besides the Escape & Fusion? I can't think of anything. Looks like the D30 is dead. That's too bad, it was a good engine. Oh well, long live the EB 2.0!

Was it in anything besides the Escape & Fusion? I can't think of anything. Looks like the D30 is dead. That's too bad, it was a good engine. Oh well, long live the EB 2.0!

Yep, the D30 dies with the Fusion this summer. It's a very old engine, dates back to the 1996 Taurus.

• Like 1

Just the two and it was Cleveland Number 1 IIRC. Yes the D30 was an excellent engine. So was it's predessor the D25 (V6) in the Contour/Mystique/Cougar.

• Like 1

^ exactly

ergo the rumored 2.3 4cyl

in EBtoo.gif form should be good for around 300hp

Indeed, V6 engines now...

...makes them luxury options best suited for premium vehicles

(like LINCOLN)...

fixed ^

Edited by 2b2

Indeed, V6 engines now need to justify their existence through more horsepower. Combine that with poorer fuel economy makes them luxury options best suited for premium vehicles (like Edge). The V6 is now an endangered species. Ford is just much farther along in this arms race.

I get the feeling that GM and Chrysler are pleased that their new vehicles "keep pace" with Ford's out going 2012 models.

Good to see Ford starting to take the lead on trends, they have paid their dues and now it's time to set the pace...

• Like 1

I'm just dying to see how the new Impala will work with 184HP....Moooooo. But yes, its as Ford comes out with the latest tech, and GM's new products enter with old tech tweaked. Supposedly they have a boosted 3.0L they are coming out to compete with Fords 3.5L, but if it's anything related to the 2.8L Saab boosted mess they started using 2 years ago, they will self-granade themselves.

• Like 1

I get the feeling that GM and Chrysler are pleased that their new vehicles "keep pace" with Ford's out going 2012 models.

Good to see Ford starting to take the lead on trends, they have paid their dues and now it's time to set the pace...

I just was on the Dogde Dart site and I got to say, it has lot's of potential. A larger centre screen and a better user-friendly 'Uconnect' that critics are appealed to (I have to find the citation), good choices for exterior and interior trims. Great powertrain options. I think if a hatchback version was available it would be better at gunning at Focus. I feel Chrysler has a harder hill to climb in this market because of foreign competition more then anything else. GM, I haven't a clue.

I'm just dying to see how the new Impala will work with 184HP....Moooooo. But yes, its as Ford comes out with the latest tech, and GM's new products enter with old tech tweaked. Supposedly they have a boosted 3.0L they are coming out to compete with Fords 3.5L, but if it's anything related to the 2.8L Saab boosted mess they started using 2 years ago, they will self-granade themselves.

Impala with a 4 reminds me of the Five Hundred with the good old D30. Adequate is the word.

I may be in the minority here, but if they're going for only 300 hp, I'd just as soon opt for the D37.

I don't see why not. Is it just me or I have the feeling Ford will pull a all-new powertrain introduction (NANO) in the MKZ the next year?

I may be in the minority here, but if they're going for only 300 hp, I'd just as soon opt for the D37.

well, EBtoo.gif is supposed to get upto 140hp per liter so guess the 2.3 could be 325hp...<br>

...I kinda expect 2 tuning levels like in Europe: 260-280hp and 300-325hp<p>

<br><P>

...Is it just me or I have the feeling Ford will pull a all-new powertrain introduction (NANO) in the MKZ the next year?

I hope so TOO<br>

&<br>

by the same 140hp-per-L: 2.7EB = 378hp (tho I usually say upto 350hp)imho the power difference from Ford's 2.3EB won't be that large<br>

but the extra cylinders is the point (& the reason to keep exclusive if possible to Lincoln at least for a while.<br>

Imho2, the 2.7EB could go into EVERY Lincoln model.<br>

<p><BR>

having weirdness with the post editor function last nite & just now :(

Edited by 2b2