Did this guy just kill the Chevy Volt?

A better heading would have been,

"Founder of GM-Volt.com is switching to Ford C-Max Energi"

I see these as the fundamental reasons why C-Max is better suited to the market:

- More spacious than Volt, it can carry 5 passengers

- Available as hybrid and Plug in Hybrid

- After $3750 Govt tax credit, C-Max Energi's price lot less than Volt

- C-Max hybrids work in tandem with Fusion hybrids to cover more buyers and increase scales of economy

Since Cadillac will be offering the Volt as ELR, I sees no reason why Lincoln shouldn't follow suit with a C-Max variant...

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

A better heading would have been,

"Founder of GM-Volt.com is switching to Ford C-Max Energi"

I see these as the fundamental reasons why C-Max is better suited to the market:

- More spacious than Volt, it can carry 5 passengers

- Available as hybrid and Plug in Hybrid

- After $3750 Govt tax credit, C-Max Energi's price lot less than Volt

- C-Max hybrids work in tandem with Fusion hybrids to cover more buyers and increase scales of economy

Since Cadillac will be offering the Volt as ELR, I sees no reason why Lincoln shouldn't follow suit with a C-Max variant...

Lincoln already has the MKZ hybrid. Not sure it needs a c-max version especially if it gets roughly the same mpg.

• Like 1

After the tax credit for both, the Cmax Energi is only 2500 less than a Volt. With my commute I could get to work most days on electric with a Volt and halfway there with a Cmax.

I'm interested in how the Fusion and Cmax Energis will work in the real world, but a lot depends on the situation they're used in.

After the tax credit for both, the Cmax Energi is only 2500 less than a Volt. With my commute I could get to work most days on electric with a Volt and halfway there with a Cmax.

I'm interested in how the Fusion and Cmax Energis will work in the real world, but a lot depends on the situation they're used in.

and yet if you do anything ( if you can call the distance both give in pure electric significant ) significant mileage or any sort of trip ( if one can call anything ove the pure electric range a trip ) the Volt gets OWNED. Game over, theres a new Sheriff in town, two c-maxs rolled Saturday alone, BOTH had been shopping Prius.....people want more than BS pure electric range, they want the best of both worlds...with more focus on overall usability....

Whoa. The Volt only has four seats? Why?

The battery is located down the center of the car. Seating is limited to either side of the battery. It is supposed to be good for vehicle dynamics but it seems like a poor choice to compromise seating for it.

Citing "GM does it" is not a good reason for Ford to do it...

Normally I would agree but having two excellent Ford hybrids available...Well, the connection can easily be made with Lincoln,

especially for a company intent on changing perception...or are we content for Lincoln to keep offering the same old products?

The battery is huge and in a distinct "T" shape, with the longitudinal section running down the middle of the car:

I pity the fool....

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 3

Yeah, the Volt still looks allot better than the C-Max, but I would probably prefer a C-Max simply because it's packaged like a Crossover and not a sports car. Definitely a big win for this segment and one of the reasons I wanted the C-Max here in the first place (with or without batteries).

Yeah, the Volt still looks allot better than the C-Max, but I would probably prefer a C-Max simply because it's packaged like a Crossover and not a sports car. Definitely a big win for this segment and one of the reasons I wanted the C-Max here in the first place (with or without batteries).

Eh, saying the Volt looks better than the C-Max is a bit like saying the Charger looks better than the Grand Caravan. It's really not fair since the C-Max is stuck in a somewhat unattractively styled segment overall. The Volt is just another sedan, to which I say there are many better looking sedans out there. For what it is, the C-Max isn't offensive at all.

Eh, saying the Volt looks better than the C-Max is a bit like saying the Charger looks better than the Grand Caravan. It's really not fair since the C-Max is stuck in a somewhat unattractively styled segment overall. The Volt is just another sedan, to which I say there are many better looking sedans out there. For what it is, the C-Max isn't offensive at all.

The 2013 Fusion Energi blows them both away.

The 2013 Fusion Energi blows them both away.

The Energi models won't be out until next year sometime, and I don't think anyone knows how many will be made as I'm sure it will be production constrained. And there is room out there for many different versions/models of EV and plug-in hybrids. You guys are too much with this GM/Ford war bullshit.

The Energi models won't be out until next year sometime, and I don't think anyone knows how many will be made as I'm sure it will be production constrained. And there is room out there for many different versions/models of EV and plug-in hybrids. You guys are too much with this GM/Ford war bullshit.

I was strictly talking about styling. Try to pay attention.

I was strictly talking about styling. Try to pay attention.

Styling is very subjective and meaningless for most part. Thought you knew that all knowing one. Some look at new Fusion and rave about it like me and some yawn and say it looks too much like Sonata or better yet Optima copy with Aston Martin grille. Proof will be sales and who knows how well the Energi Fusion will sell with hybrid gettting 47mpg combined. You don't even know that all knowing one. I'm sure Ford would be happy with three straight months of almost 3,000 sales special lease deals or not. I'm sure Nissan would be happy with almost 3,000 Leaf sales/month special lease deals or not.

Styling is very subjective and meaningless for most part. Thought you knew that all knowing one. Some look at new Fusion and rave about it like me and some yawn and say it looks too much like Sonata or better yet Optima copy with Aston Martin grille. Proof will be sales and who knows how well the Energi Fusion will sell with hybrid gettting 47mpg combined. You don't even know that all knowing one. I'm sure Ford would be happy with three straight months of almost 3,000 sales special lease deals or not. I'm sure Nissan would be happy with almost 3,000 Leaf sales/month special lease deals or not.

The Fusion design is superior, but it isn't the market disrupting breakthrough design like the Sonata and Optima was when they came out.

Edited by BORG

The Fusion design is superior, but it isn't the market disrupting breakthrough design like the Sonata and Optima was when they came out.

I wouldn't call the Sonata or Optima market disrupting either. They just continued to increase market share over the previous vehicles which were already showing impressive gains prior to the redesigns.

Styling is very subjective and meaningless for most part.

It's not meaningless if 80% of prospective buyers prefer one design over the other.

Proof will be sales and who knows how well the Energi Fusion will sell with hybrid gettting 47mpg combined.

Good point. What does a GM buyer do if they don't want a Volt but want a regular hybrid that gets 47 mpg? I guess they have to go to Ford or Toyota or Nissan or Hyundai or Honda.

I'm sure Ford would be happy with three straight months of almost 3,000 sales special lease deals or not.

Not if they're losing too much money that they don't believe they can make up later.

You really don't understand this whole profit/loss thing, do you?

I'm sure Ford would be happy with three straight months of almost 3,000 sales special lease deals or not.