Spyshot: Compact Lincoln Crossover

I'm gonna throw this out there....that isn't a Lincoln Escape....I think it might be the new Edge!

Look under the camo bra on the front...you can distinctly see the Trapezoidal shaped opening seen on the Taurus and Fusion.

Another hint is the C pillar (partly from the camo) is more Explorer like then the Escape its next to and also notice that it seems to be an inch or two taller then the Escape its next too.

Like Nick said, the A pillars are totally different also...

I agree...I would bet this is an Edge. If you use your imagination you can see an Escape/C-Max style "Ford Badge Slip" grille up top...but right below it could be a grille patterened after the new EcoSport. Even the headlamp shape ( admittedly hard to see well ) even looks EcoSport-ish.

How does Jim Dunne get all this money and attention. First he misses the obvious Ford badge...and then in the article he mentions off-hand that the previous generation Escape was truck-based. *sigh*

Because he's spent over 40 years taking spy photographs.

And note that editors often add their own comments to his pictures.

Want an interesting read? Buy Dunne's book, "Car Spy: Secret Cars Exposed by the Industry's Most Notorious Photographer." Some absolutely great stories.

I've flipped through one of his books before and I found numerous errors in his lableling of cars of all sorts.

Me too, I read his book and was confounded how he had pics of cars he shot and since came out and he was like "here's a never released model"! Or just plain wrong lableling cars like you said, makes you wonder how he even has spotted new models to begin with! lol

The only reason a RHD Territory comes to the USA is for crash testing, I'm thinking this is because a change of engine is in the wings.

The Territory currently uses the I-6 but most are sold with the 2.7 V6 Lion diesel rumors are it's being replaced by newer 3.0 V6 diesel

but that would not require doing more crash tests. Maybe Territory is being fitted with Falcon's 2.0 Ecoboost?

Territory is same length as current Edge but has near on the same interior space as Explorer, it's an in-betweener...

LOL, I bet Borg spat his coffee out when he read the headline and recognized the pictures...

Spy Shots: 2014 Lincoln Compact Crossover

Escape with a luxury touch?

Edited by jpd80

The only reason a RHD Territory comes to the USA is for crash testing, I'm thinking this is because a change of engine is in the wings.

The Territory currently uses the I-6 but most are sold with the 2.7 V6 Lion diesel rumors are it's being replaced by newer 3.0 V6 diesel

but that would not require doing more crash tests. Maybe Territory is being fitted with Falcon's 2.0 Ecoboost?

Territory is same length as current Edge but has near on the same interior space as Explorer, it's an in-betweener...

LOL, I bet Borg spat his coffee out when he read the headline and recognized the pictures...

Spy Shots: 2014 Lincoln Compact Crossover

Escape with a luxury touch?

you sure its a V6 diesel and not the 5 cylinder thats coming to the states?...