Lincoln MKC Concept Debuts! (Photos and Video!)

Even the wheelbase is different from the Escape. This is how you take a shared platform and make a unique vehicle.

I agree. Am hopeful the dimensional differences don't go away in the production version and make it more pedestrian. I really like it. Too bad the MkT already got refreshed last year, a few nips and tucks could bring it up to speed with the MkC, guess will have to wait and see if we get an Aviator.

Even the wheelbase is different from the Escape. This is how you take a shared platform and make a unique vehicle.

This must be a sad day for the negatards with nothing legitimate to complain about.

It will be interesting to see if the extra width makes it to the production vehicle. I hope so, IMHO, the width is a luxury ingredient. :)

Being a concept I wonder if this brawnier look will be lost in the production model, like the Vertrek to Escape/Kuga.

ford-vertrek-concept-side.jpg

LincolnMKCConcept_05_HR.jpg

I remember quite a few commented on their disappointment when the Escape production model lost that strength the Vertrek had.

Overall impressions of the concept looks like the MKC is in the same game as Lexus, Audi and the like.

Interior is too concept to get a realistic idea what is going on inside.

Still not sold on the grille LincolnMKCConcept_13_HR.jpg but I like the head lamp execution

The only thing "concept" about the interior are the roof, air vent covers, and maybe seats. Other than that, it's what we've seen in the MKZ.

Given what happened with the MKZ "concept" I don't understand all the hand-wringing about the production version being watered down.

Yep.....Guess which is concept and which is production out of these two photos?

The Grey one is production....

post-11015-0-61502200-1358107160_thumb.jpg

post-11015-0-43309100-1358107161_thumb.jpg

The only thing "concept" about the interior are the roof, air vent covers, and maybe seats. Other than that, it's what we've seen in the MKZ.

So you think the production version will have a totally covered interior in leather like the concept?

My comments are not to bash Lincoln, it just my assumption that the production model albeit small changes and the necessary

changes to materials to meet a realistic purchase price, will be made. Once the leather is replaced with the usual materials used

throughout the cabin , and the chrome signal & wiper stalks are replaced with usual material, add rearview mirror etc,the look then will have a the production

ambience, and lose the "concept" shiny like a holiday ambience.

Unless of course Lincoln plans on selling the MKC at a higher price then its bigger brother MKX.

Very good high res images available here http://mkcconcept.lincolnpresskits.com/_scripts/pages/pictures.htm

Some live images

here http://www.freep.com/article/20130113/BUSINESS01/301130270/MKC-crossover-part-of-Ford-s-strategy-to-reinvigorate-Lincoln?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Edited by MKII

Hard to imagine Lincoln not selling a ton of these, same with the MKZ. Now onto the MKX, MKS, and MKExplorer! :)

Lincoln's death successfully averted, the comeback is underway.

\

Glad to see you like it. I think it looks great, personally. If this type of effort can be recreated with the other vehicles in the lineup, I don't see how Lincoln sales can't jump.

Wow, nothing like the previous MKC show car. I hope they keep as many of the show details as possible.

Agreed, it will be the attention to detail and details in the designs that should/will set Lincoln apart from the competition.

So you think the production version will have a totally covered interior in leather like the concept?

My comments are not to bash Lincoln, it just my assumption that the production model albeit small changes and the necessary

changes to materials to meet a realistic purchase price, will be made. Once the leather is replaced with the usual materials used

throughout the cabin , and the chrome signal & wiper stalks are replaced with usual material, add rearview mirror etc,the look then will have a the production

ambience, and lose the "concept" shiny like a holiday ambience.

Unless of course Lincoln plans on selling the MKC at a higher price then its bigger brother MKX.

Very good high res images available here http://mkcconcept.lincolnpresskits.com/_scripts/pages/pictures.htm

Some live images

here http://www.freep.com/article/20130113/BUSINESS01/301130270/MKC-crossover-part-of-Ford-s-strategy-to-reinvigorate-Lincoln?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

I thought you were referring to the design itself. Sure, the entire cabin won't be covered in leather, and some of the concept details that you mentioned won't be there on the production model, but how its that any different from what any other companies do? For the sake of using a recent release - look at the BMW 4-series 'concept' - you think it'll look like that in production form? No - mirrors, door handles, bumpers, etc will all be changed.

I don't see too much need for concern - again, look at the MKZ concept vs. the production form - I'm sure that's what we're in line for with the MKC.

MKZ concept:

Lincoln-MKZ-concept-interior.jpg

MKZ production:

2013-lincoln-mkz-interior-photo-450724-s

Given what happened with the MKZ "concept" I don't understand all the hand-wringing about the production version being watered down.

Everyone is looking back to the original Zephyr concept which turned into the nowhere near as good looking Zephyr and then MKZ, or more generally looking at Lincoln in the past, not what they're currently doing. They're ignoring the recent approach taken by Lincoln.

There was no prior "MKC show car". Are you thinking of the Concept C?

Yes, he's referring to the Concept C.

I love it. Although, I wonder how the MKT sales will be? You think consumers would go in to look at the MKC and then spot the MKT and purchase that? Or vice versa?

Now, it's time for a new MKS, MKX. and Navigator.

Eh, anything's certainly possible, but they're at opposite ends of the spectrum - MKC being small, MKT large, so I'd say that wouldn't happen too often, but what do I know. That coming from someone that drives a Flex and would love to have one (an MKC) lol.

Yup, it'll definitely be interesting to see what the MKS, MKX, and Navigator will look like. I'm most intrigued by the Navigator to be honest. Not sure how well this styling language will translate to that type of vehicle, unless it going to look a lot different from how it does now (I don't mean design wise, that's a given - I mean stature, overall shape, etc.).

Stunning. Simply stunning.

I have owed two top of the line white Infiniti FX35's in the past and always thought it was the best looking mid-small Sport Utility. Not anymore. This thing is truly spectacular looking. Really amazing guys. Well done.

But do not cut corners when translating this perfect design and lines into the real version....or you will have lost what you just found...a new customer. I will not buy one if you ruin it.

I was not a fan of the front end of the just released new Lincoln (its nice but too blah...too normal, bland)...but this taller grill and the taller lights with the line through the grill to match the hood lines makes it all work proportionally - PERFECT.

We currently have two loaded Wranglers for fun....trading one for a Touareg, so now lets get this thing to tow 4500 and I'll get this when the other Wrangler is due. And yes that Wrangler tows my 4500 pound boat very well for 5 hour trips - as its really rated in the Europe for more than here...likely legal reasons. The new Pentastar engine is outstanding - but I'm pretty sure so is this motor.

I give Lincoln full props for the exterior styling Genuinely impressed! I'm particularly happy that the right size or maybe nose-to-grille ratio was nailed in this case...which has been awkward in some recent models, leading to the "krill grille" comments.

This is an amazing upgrade over the Escape, at least visually, and I dearly hope it gets into production without losing this stance or proportion.

The interior...I'll admit, I'm not a fan of the "kill buttons and knobs" approach. Some basic analog controls still feel better, and respond more quickly. Submenus can't compete with the simplicity of just turning a knob a few degrees. This isn't purely a Lincoln issue, it's been increasingly industry-wide as more functions go into the various touchscreens. As I've mentioned before, I used to repair touchscreens while I was in music stores, and I will always distrust 'em somewhat. MFT seems to add some weight to that state of mind.

However, were I shopping for a small luxo-ute, even beyond brand loyalty...this one is the most attractive I've seen by miles. I'll be very interested to see if the powertrain gets upgraded as well.

Nice! Around here MKX are selling crazy! We don't have a local Lincoln dealership (closest is 2h30 away), but my father's working as a salesman for a used car dealership who prefer to buy their car from manufacturer auction that have low mileage and still a warranty. I'd say Edge Sport and MKX counts for 30% of their sales. Heck, the boss who always drove Infinity SUV bought a slightly used X5 for his himselft and his wife. He sent it to the BMW dealer for maintenance (again 2h30 away) and took an Edge Limited on the lot for a couples of days. Well, when the BMW came back it ended on the lot. He's the kind of guy with money, but who think before buying. As he said 'Where's the 20 000$ difference?''. Those are the kind of buyer Lincoln will reach. The one who sees there's little more for the money.