Camo'ed Navigator caught testing

Have to agree with that, there's more evidence to suggest that it's an Expedition power train mule than anything to do with the next Navigator..

Or perhaps they're pressing forward with the MCE for 2014/15 or 2015/16 ahead of the new models? Expy and Navigator had front/rear/interior MCE on the shelf and ready to go.

• Like 1

Or perhaps they're pressing forward with the MCE for 2014/15 or 2015/16 ahead of the new models? Expy and Navigator had front/rear/interior MCE on the shelf and ready to go.

Well there is a possibility that the Expedition and Navigator will receive a facelift and a new power train and the rumored F-150 based one will be pushed back a few years.

Well there is a possibility that the Expedition and Navigator will receive a facelift and a new power train and the rumored F-150 based one will be pushed back a few years.

Given Ford's MO of late on powertrains, it doesn't necessarily indicate that anything is being pushed back--they may just be trying to make them more competitive as they work on the platform unification, instead of letting them languish. It would also be a boost to Ford's bottom line if they could get the Exp/Nav on the new powertrains and drop production of the old Mod Motors.

That's a dead platform, and different from the F-Series, so I wouldn't think so. Powertrain mule for this coming MY's Expedition and Navigator makes more sense, IMHO.

But if all they are doing is drivability type of testing of say a 2.7eb then the vehicle it is in doesn't really matter as long as it weighs something in the ballpark and the grill opening approximates whatever it ultimately ends up in.

That would be nice. I would love to replace my 07 EL with a 14 EL with a 3.5 EcoBoost, MFT, IRS, load leveling, trailer sway, integrated trailer brake controller, etc. I'll take mine with 4wd & 4.10 gears. ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, but I want'em. ;) I actually think the city mileage would be better with the 4.10's versus the 3.73's. Especially if it gets an 8 speed auto.

Yeah, you would most likely get better city mileage with 4.10's. You may also get slightly better towing your travel trailer with 4.10's as well, since it could stay in the higher gear more.

Plus, more is always better (and more fun)! :)

• Like 2

Yeah, you would most likely get better city mileage with 4.10's. You may also get slightly better towing your travel trailer with 4.10's as well, since it could stay in the higher gear more.

Plus, more is always better (and more fun)! :)

That's what I was thinking. Most of the time it's either being driven around town by my wife or I'm using it to tow the travel trailer or the boat. It's rarely driven on the freeway with nothing behind it. When we have to go long distances without the trailer, we take the Escape. ;) I'm really hoping Ford will offer something with 7 or more seats & the EcoBoost 3.5 in a vehicle that can tow my travel trailer soon. If the Transit gets enough towing capacity, we would seriously consider one as a conversion van. Otherwise, we'll just keep the EL forever.

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking. Most of the time it's either being driven around town by my wife or I'm using it to tow the travel trailer or the boat. It's rarely driven on the freeway with nothing behind it. When we have to go long distances without the trailer, we take the Escape. ;) I'm really hoping Ford will offer something with 7 or more seats & the EcoBoost 3.5 in a vehicle that can tow my travel trailer soon. If the Transit gets enough towing capacity, we would seriously consider one as a conversion van. Otherwise, we'll just keep the EL forever.

A Transit conversion van would be sweet as a TT hauler! Not as nice as a MH, obviously, but you can get quite a few of the creature comforts with room to spare. The 3.2L diesel would intrigue me in a ride like that...

• Like 1

Can the present Navigator hang in there until 2015 without at least a short term refresh in the meantime? I would imagine if next Navigator is to be based off Atlas F-150, then it will be at least a year wait after 2015 MY F-150 comes out, and new F-150 is almost two years away yet. As it is, Navigator is a limo vehicle as it's favorite around here with limo companies. I can't remember the last time I've seen any advertising on Navigator including special lease rates. It's a very forgotten vehicle. Lincoln dealers around here won't even keep one in stock. So as far as inventory, Lincoln is down to four vehicles. Not sure why Ford/Lincoln is so mum on what and when new vehicles may show up. Potential customers if they are expected to wait for new MKC or Navigator need to know about when to expect these vehicles. Late this year? Late next year? 2015? Give them a clue. The silence out of Lincoln is deafening. It's not like the formidable competition is sitting around doing nothing new.

Can the present Navigator hang in there until 2015 without at least a short term refresh in the meantime? I would imagine if next Navigator is to be based off Atlas F-150, then it will be at least a year wait after 2015 MY F-150 comes out, and new F-150 is almost two years away yet. As it is, Navigator is a limo vehicle as it's favorite around here with limo companies. I can't remember the last time I've seen any advertising on Navigator including special lease rates. It's a very forgotten vehicle. Lincoln dealers around here won't even keep one in stock. So as far as inventory, Lincoln is down to four vehicles. Not sure why Ford/Lincoln is so mum on what and when new vehicles may show up. Potential customers if they are expected to wait for new MKC or Navigator need to know about when to expect these vehicles. Late this year? Late next year? 2015? Give them a clue. The silence out of Lincoln is deafening. It's not like the formidable competition is sitting around doing nothing new.

Translation = only 4 posts to go before I figure out how to casually mention my Porsche.....

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 2

Translation = only 4 posts to go before I figure out how to casually mention my Porsche.....

Translation = WTF is Lincoln doing? No announcement at NY Auto Show with some Ford guy talking about MKC launch in few months. Who knows with Naviagator and timeline there. Meanwhile, MKX production is dropping year over year according to AN, and MKZ is carrying almost the whole load for at least another year. WTF Lincoln?

Translation = WTF is Lincoln doing? No announcement at NY Auto Show with some Ford guy talking about MKC launch in few months. Who knows with Naviagator and timeline there. Meanwhile, MKX production is dropping year over year according to AN, and MKZ is carrying almost the whole load for at least another year. WTF Lincoln?

Are you sure you aren't 12? Reading your posts, you seem to be just as impatient as a kid. "Give it to me now!!" and "You don't have a clue what you are doing, you should listen to me!!"

Geez, dude, have a little patience!

You mean like the patience displayed by MKZ buyers that are still waiting on vehicle ordered in Oct., 2012? Or the patience of waiting for production version of MKC and some timeline of when it will get built? How long is the tracking thread on Lincoln Discussion thread now? You should give that inane answer to Lincoln dealership owners who have monthly nut to crack. Lincoln = no urgency to do anything.

I feel this post Wes made over at GMI is incredibly applicable here...

I'm not saying Lincoln is not dedicated to excellent products. The problem is, many companies become excessively focused ONLY on product, and let their sales, marketing, and customer service wither, expecting that excellent products will automatically mean high sales and high margins.

Cadillac is a prime example. In the early 2000's, they tried to go from zero to hero by pouring billions into engineering for their products. The actual engineering and driving dynamics were excellent, but this happened at the expense of other important aspects of the business... unfinished interiors, bad product mix in inventory, utterly unprepared dealers, among other things. Plus, they dove in headfirst, expecting their engineering effort to automatically translate into instant huge sales gains.

Luxury is a long game, and you need to be prepared to commit yourself to a long period of buildup. Shock and awe doesn't work. You also can't just flippantly torch cash... the products need to earn their way, to an extent.

Lincoln is committed to delivering on this product cycle, as well as a major investment into the intangibles of the brand. We've seen just the first instance of the new products, and even this first instance will be getting substantial yearly updates.
  • Like 7