Congratulations Lincoln! You did it! The MKX Rocks!

The MKC front and rear certainly looked great. But you've now actually transitioned that unique front end to this new MKX 7 passenger CUV. And based on the comments from people here - you pulled it off.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/20/lincoln-mkx-concept-beijing-2014/

Now all you need to do is focus on being the leader with a green engine and great mileage - rather than competing with Cadillac's Monster engine and big-ass in your face GM arrogance.

Congrats again. May even end up in my driveway one day. I doubt it. But I wouldn't mind looking at in in my neighbours driveway.

• Like 3

5 or 7? I bet 5. But, I KNEW that I saw this say 7 passenger somewhere a few days ago. Here you go.

http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?33113-Lincoln-MKX-Concept-Teased&p=238401

The poster by the name "Bloggin" makes a correlation to S-Max from Europe which is a 7 passenger minivan to MKX....just speculation at this point, but if it (MKX) is based on Edge architecture, then it will remain 5 passenger with an MKT replacement picking up the 7 passenger duties....I can see an MKT re-styled in the manner bestowed on MKX...it would really wake up that line....

I'm not sure how you can guess seating capacity from an exterior styling exercise that has no interior...

Well, you can look at the fact the current Edge/MKX has 2 rows. The Edge concept had 2 rows. You can look at the approximate location of the second row (around the C-pillar) and see that there's no room for a third row in there, unless they were stupid and threw in a mini third row with no legroom or headroom which would just be stupid. The MKX's success has been based upon in being a comfortable 2-row CUV with plenty of second row legroom. There's absolutely no reason in my mind for them to deviate from this successful formula. Maximize the second row legroom to maintain that high end feel. No need to pinch on 2nd row room to squeeze a third row in. Leave the 3-row market to an "Aviator"/MKT replacement

• Like 1

I'm not sure how you can guess seating capacity from an exterior styling exercise that has no interior...

Edge/MKX is 2-Row Utility while Explorer/Flex/MKT is 3-Row Utility. This is the rebirth that the aging Mazda based Edge/MKX needs,

Ford's CD4..2 platform will add good scales of economy and transfer the supplier base over to the One Ford global network.

I'm expecting the interior on the MKX to be a substantial step up from the existing car with a different feel and sensation.

Can't wait to see the interior..

The problem with MKT was the poor execution of intended styling, these cues would give Lincoln a great opportunity to rejuvenate it,

so i think we should remin optimistic that Ford can deliver a better looking 3-Row Utility that is more aligned with customer expectations.

Edited by jpd80

Styling looks like its a 5 seater, I doubt they can squeeze a 3rd row if thats the actual concept. I'm expecting the next MKT to be the 7 passenger Explorer clone, or introduce it to Lincoln first then have Ford phase that CD4 later on. And I would hope they change it to something other than the "T", I keep thinking MarKeT when I see that. Plus the MKT already has a damaged name from being such an abysmal failure.

You could put a 3rd row in there, but Ford, in the past, has avoided putting things that are basically jumpseats into cars.

In a Luxury like MKX, it would be a mistake because the Chinese value rear legroom - probably more than Americans.

I'm hoping that MKT/Flex moves to LWB versions of CD4 but OK with it staying on D3, just use better styling on 3-Row MKT/Flex

Guess I'm the only one who finds it a tad underwhelming compared to the MKC. Looks classy, but it's almost under-styled.

Supposedly the Chinese don't care for styling that is too extroverted. Cadillac has had to tone down the Art & Science look for the Chinese market.

Ford will be looking to class leader Lexus for cues on 7 seats. If the next gen RX comes with 7 seats, I'm sure MKX will too. In the meanwhile, Ford will probably launch MKX with 5 seats but I think they probably already design it to accommodate 7 seats if need be.

The next gen RX will be due at the end of this year before the new MKX goes on sale so Ford can just wait and see.

Ford will be looking to class leader Lexus for cues on 7 seats. If the next gen RX comes with 7 seats, I'm sure MKX will too. In the meanwhile, Ford will probably launch MKX with 5 seats but I think they probably already design it to accommodate 7 seats if need be.

The next gen RX will be due at the end of this year before the new MKX goes on sale so Ford can just wait and see.

So...Lincoln MKX 5 passenger and Lincoln MKX-tra will be the 7 seater??

I don't think they should worry about what Lexus does with 5 vs. 7 seats in the RX. Unless they make it significantly larger, the extra 2 seats in an RX would be nothing but jump seats. I disagree wholeheartedly with the notion that MKX should throw 2 more seats in so it can seat 7 passengers, as they'll amount to jump seats not worth having. Leave the 7-passenger market to "Aviator"/MKT replacement.

Ford and Lincoln won't be looking to the Lexus and RX to see what to do about the MKX. The MKX is one car in a family of CUVs and thankfully Lincoln resisted the 7-seat passenger temptation. Lexus has a single CUV in its lineup... And while we can agree the MKT is in dire need to updating it is Lincoln's 7 seat CUV. And when taken as a family the MKX fits a role as a classic personal luxury utility, with the emphasis on luxury not utility. Think of it this way...

Entry Level Model - MKC and MKZ

Second Level Model - MKX, MKS, and MKT

Ideally the MKX is one of three vehicles of similar level in the showroom with the utility focus left to the MKT. This works as there is certinaly a market for a vehicle that sacrifies the additonal row for more personal luxury. And if one looks at the buy rates we see that is more pronounced in the luxury car market.

As for the new look... I like it more than the current... But seems a bit too much deriviative of the smaller MKC. Actual propoertions on the road will be key, else i could see that becoming a problem. The luxury market has an element of "look at me" that could result in people being disappointed if others think they are driving the "cheep one".