2015 F150 didn't win TOTY

? Trying to respond to Richards quote regarding Elons collosal waste of time...outcome yes...but sure generates PR, and THATS the purpose as far as Im concerned. Quick question, having issues, I click on the quote I want to respond to and type a response...yet the original qiuote is a no show....

Take that Motor Trend.......

Nice, but I wouldn't get too excited about an award from Autoguide. I've dealt with them previously with certain business matters and if there's one company that bases EVERYTHING on advertising revenue, Autoguide is that company.

I'll chime in on the conspiracy theory for you folks. Not a theory, but a fact. As a young lad getting started in the business I was working for a certain European manufacturer and got to tag along to a meeting with the M/T wanks. Did they want to talk about the option mix, colors, transmissions, etc they wanted to use in the COTY test vehicle? Nope. Didn't care. All they wanted to talk about was what our advertising budget was and the corresponding marketing plan. Eye opening experience for a someone just getting started.

I'll chime in on the conspiracy theory for you folks. Not a theory, but a fact. As a young lad getting started in the business I was working for a certain European manufacturer and got to tag along to a meeting with the M/T wanks. Did they want to talk about the option mix, colors, transmissions, etc they wanted to use in the COTY test vehicle? Nope. Didn't care. All they wanted to talk about was what our advertising budget was and the corresponding marketing plan. Eye opening experience for a someone just getting started.

I don't know why people still doubt this. You're not the first person to tell this story and the results should make it obvious.

no need for butt hurt here..i quit my subscription to all those rag mags back in the early 90's..all i subscribe to now is off road and four wheeler mags (long live IH Scout)...an all AL beer can bodied with new techno star warsish light saber engineering with ford managment having the balls to at least try and the rig loses out to a has been chebby..yea CD and MT can suck ass...i hope the f150 makes it obviously there is some jello heads at MT

Edited by snooter

Quick question, having issues, I click on the quote I want to respond to and type a response...yet the original qiuote is a no show....

By chance are you using Internet Explorer 11 (or 12 if you are on Windows 8 or 8.1)? It's got a few issues when replying on forums using IP Board.

If so, when replying to a post where you want to include the member's original text, instead of choosing "Quote" choose "MultiQuote."

Then in the blank reply space at the bottom of the page, click your cursor within the space and choose "More Reply Options."

The original post's quoted text will now appear and you can start writing your reply below it.

Edited by LincolnV

I'll say this: I have been around the new Canyon, and it's impressive. Ford should be concerned. Whether or not it's a better truck than the new F-150 I can't say, as I have not spent any time with the new Ford. As for Motor Trend, no comment.

i would say the mistake AS OF RIGHT NOW is Ford not putting a small diesel in the F150..Ford also has no small truck offering right now so yes that could be an issue but with gas prices dropping like a rock Ford has some breathing room..ford damn lucky we aint got 6 buck gallon gas and they (ford) has no small diesel or truck offerings

I'll say this: I have been around the new Canyon, and it's impressive. Ford should be concerned. Whether or not it's a better truck than the new F-150 I can't say, as I have not spent any time with the new Ford. As for Motor Trend, no comment.

I don't know why Ford would give a flip about the Canyonado--it'll almost certainly steal more Sierrado sales than F150 sales, and those would likely be bottom-end (low-profit) sales, anyway. The only company that should worry would be Toyota, as they'll have to invest in the Taco to keep it competitive.

i would say the mistake AS OF RIGHT NOW is Ford not putting a small diesel in the F150..Ford also has no small truck offering right now so yes that could be an issue but with gas prices dropping like a rock Ford has some breathing room..ford damn lucky we aint got 6 buck gallon gas and they (ford) has no small diesel or truck offerings

What happened to small trucks when gas went up to $4/gallon? It continued to shrink. Ranger used to sell 400K. The entire market is now only 250K. $6/gallon gas won't sell Canyonados any more than $4/gallon sold Rangers and S-10s.

As for a diesel - you simply can't save enough on fuel (especially compared to the 2.7L ecoboost) to even come close to saving $4K - the added cost for a diesel drivetrain.

Every scenario you can think of - Ranger, diesel, etc. - has been studied by Ford 100 times over and if it made economic sense to do it then they'd already be doing it.

What happened to small trucks when gas went up to $4/gallon? It continued to shrink. Ranger used to sell 400K. The entire market is now only 250K. $6/gallon gas won't sell Canyonados any more than $4/gallon sold Rangers and S-10s.

As for a diesel - you simply can't save enough on fuel (especially compared to the 2.7L ecoboost) to even come close to saving $4K - the added cost for a diesel drivetrain.

Every scenario you can think of - Ranger, diesel, etc. - has been studied by Ford 100 times over and if it made economic sense to do it then they'd already be doing it.

only as far as who ford is after - being city dwellers with farmers/ranchers being moved into the f250 w/diesel ..if you want smaller truck with diesel you have choices none of which are ford products

there is no way i would tow anything with an ecoboost outside of a john boat..forget it..there are advntages to diesels and its not worth trying to overcome the marketing BS being played with the ecoboost..yes hands down if I wanted a full size truck with impressive mpg the ecoboost should be given consideration depending on your needs (city dweller types who want a truck to haul the briar rabbit play set home from costco)

i still do not believe the demise of the ranger was a bad thing..it was old technology...ecoboost in a smaller truck should have even more impressive mpg which is where i think the ecoboost is best suited to reside (small trucks)