2011 Ford fusion Transmission Failure

Mark Mastro

Don't BUY A FORD ESPECIALLY A FUSION, YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!

Please share to your page and ask family and friends to share. Stranded In Vegas update. My Ford Fusion SEL 2011 80,000 miles, Is out of warranty and needs transmission repair, $4,000 plus. What's interesting is last year I lost reverse and it was the electric throttle and the power train module was reprogrammed.. The dealer, Friendly Ford Vegas, wouldn't tell me the codes until I started a case with Ford. I started a voluntary surrender. If Ford can't make a product that lasts and won't Stand behind their craftsmanship. I won't buy Ford again. I will talk to everyone I know out of buying a Ford. The shame is that Ford must be ok with producing a product that won't last even 80,000 miles. The power train warranty 5 yrs 60,000 means Ford knows they would go broke if they had a longer warranty. So I cleared my stuff out and left it in Vegas and will sign the voluntary surrender. Ford Corporate didn't offer to work with me or come half way. Plus, its financed through Ford credit. I don't trust Friendly Ford Vegas Ford Corporate or Ford products. I will never buy Ford again and will spread the word across My large circle of friends and Family and social media. — with Billy Becerra and 44 others.

Read Paragraph 3. Friendly Ford Vegas said the throttle body has nothing to do with the transmission/power train. This article states that there is a power train module that is reprogrammed. Ford owners read and be aware. http://www.autonews.com/…/nhtsa-ends-inquiry-into-1.6m-ford…

Update: Ford Exec offices may pay for a portion of the tranmission repair, 2011 Ford Fusion 80,000 miles. My payments are 460, with a 16,000 balance. It blue books for maybe 10,000, private buyer. I have kept it like new! The Transmission would cost another 4200 at the dealer. That's the other thing, american cars loose their value unlike their foreign competitors, like Honda!

Update: Ford Executive Offices offered to pay 50% of $4200.00. Warranty is 5 yr 60,000 mile power train. Mine is a 2011 Ford Fusion SEL 80,000 miles. Due to loosing reverse last year(Hemborg Ford Norco) the recall on the throttle body, and the re-programming of the power train module, they should cover it. It has had a history of shifting problems. I had the transmission serviced for that reason last year, at Hemborg Ford, Norco. I can't come up with the 2,000, and don't think I should. I am holding onto the form to do the voluntary surrender. Ford Motor Credit had extended my payments so a payment is not due til March. This because of my heart attack in December and my pending medical retirement. Due to the dealers attitude, I have thought about not sending the form in and letting them go through the lien process. Also, my life's goal will be to tell my story to everyone and talk as many people as I can out of buying a Ford and especially a Ford Fusion. FORD MAY THAN REALIZE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WISER TO SPEND THE ADDITIONAL 2,000 AND DO WHAT WAS RIGHT AND WARRANTY MY TRANSMISSION!

Sorry to hear about your predicament. However, these stories of "manufacturer X did me wrong because the vehicle needs repair out of the warranty period", are a dime a dozen.

Here is my thoughts on all these type of situations. You knew what the warranty period is from the start, 3/36 and 5/60. You had the option to purchase 4 levels of ESP, powertrain, base, extra, premium care. In effect insurance policy. You opted not to purchase a " just in case " policy and the gamble did not pay off.

If this problem was wide spread, Ford has been diligent about putting out customer satisfaction programs for very common issues. The 6F35 transmission can have issues and most of them if they show will be under normal powertrain warranty. Yet, I have seen numerous with well over 150k miles just being serviced.

On another note. I believe servicing a transmission after a concern is present is like putting a band aid on a bullet wound.

At what point outside of the warranty period should a manufacturer be liable for paying for repairs? 5k miles out, 30k miles out, where does it stop? Should they offer assistance, maybe. Are you the customer that deserves assistance? Do you go to jiffy lube for oil changes and only comes into dealer for free work?

All these will play a role.

Best of luck.

Edited by fordtech1
  • Like 2

You knew what the warranty period is from the start, 3/36 and 5/60. You had the option to purchase 4 levels of ESP, powertrain, base, extra, premium care. In effect insurance policy. You opted not to purchase a " just in case " policy and the gamble did not pay off.

This. Don't turn down a 7 yr 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty then complain that something broke and wasn't covered.

Not to mention, complaining about the 5 year/60K mile powertrain warranty being too short, when that is pretty much the industry standard, with only a few companies (hyundai that I can think of) that have longer.

Also, yeah, the fact that OP still owes $16000 on a car that is 4 years old makes no sense. A brief look online, a fully loaded SEL looked to top out around 33k (just an educated guess, and that is IF he paid full sticker). Factor in a few grand for taxes and registration that is at most 36K. Even with a 7 year loan, 0% down, at 5% APR he should be around 10K remaining, or the value of his car. Unless he was underwater on his previous car, which he has nothing to complain about with the value vs loan balance.

Something smells fishy.

Ford Motor Credit had extended my payments so a payment is not due til March. This because of my heart attack in December and my pending medical retirement. Due to the dealers attitude, I have thought about not sending the form in and letting them go through the lien process

That's cutting off your nose to spite your face. This will show up as a hit on YOUR credit report. Future lenders will not care about any transmission problems that led you to stop paying on the loan for the car.

Edited by grbeck

That's cutting off your nose to spite your face. This will show up as a hit on YOUR credit report. Future lenders will not care about any transmission problems that led you to stop paying on the loan for the car.

You also have to consider the fact that when the lien holder repos it, they'll run the car through the dealer auction and come after you for the difference. With a bad transmission, they might get $5K out of it, but they won't care, because you'll be on the hook for the remaining $11K. At least if you sell it, transmission problems and all, you have some control over how much you lose on the deal.

• Like 1

Nope. He's posting this all over facebook and twitter too. He thinks Ford reprogrammed the transmission last year to hide the problem until his powertrain warranty ran out.

He also thinks Ford used a cheaper transmission in the new cars because you can't put a $4200 transmission in a new car that only costs $18K. Guess he doesn't understand labor costs.

Edited by akirby

As well, we have no idea how he drives. Maybe he has a lead foot, maybe he slams it into Park before the car is stationary. Maybe he has let the transmission cook in summer stop-and-go. And, sometimes, bad things happen to good people's transmissions for no discernable reason. :)

As well, we have no idea how he drives. Maybe he has a lead foot, maybe he slams it into Park before the car is stationary. Maybe he has let the transmission cook in summer stop-and-go. And, sometimes, bad things happen to good people's transmissions for no discernable reason. :)

Let's just say that, in my experience, people who owe lots of money on old cars, and seriously believe that by not paying off the loan that they are sending a message to the manufacturer, tend to be the type who don't bother with regular maintenance, and beat the crap out of their cars.

Let's just say that, in my experience, people who owe lots of money on old cars, and seriously believe that by not paying off the loan that they are sending a message to the manufacturer, tend to be the type who don't bother with regular maintenance, and beat the crap out of their cars.

Agreed. However, in his defense a transmission should not fail at relatively low miles 80k. A lot of questions in this situation.

The bottom line is the guy doesn't have the money and is blaming Ford for all his ill will. I get the fact that it is an expensive repair even with Ford kicking in $2K but factory transmissions are not cheap.

Plus he is giving Ford no credit for kicking in the $2k. Usually in these circumstances everyone kicks in a 1/3rd-dealer, customer, factory. But the fact that the dealer is not pitching any money says something about the customer. In almost every case, the dealer wants to avoid unhappy customers and the fact that they are not participating probably goes back to the guys attitude of telling everyone that their product sucks, the dealer is a crook and I have no ownership of this issue.

Like Sooner mentioned that they will go after you for the difference and then when you settle the amount you will also get a nice little statement at the end of the year for your taxes!

• Like 1

several issues SCREAM fishy on the OP...$460 a month on a Fusion?, STILL after 4 years owes $16000...thast another 3 years @460 a month...7 year loan????????? 94 x 460 = $43240....deduct tax and licence that's approx. a $39000 selling price...Bueller...BUELLER?......

• Like 4

IF, and I do mean if, this isn't a paid troll or internet smear campaign (yes both exist), then one has to indeed wonder if the reason this guy is so upside down with the numbers might have something to do with the way he drives/treats his cars. If you keep blowing up transmissions and buying new cars before you pay off your current grenades, then the the negative equity starts adding up real fast. Just a thought...

• Like 2

Once you finance the car, Ford the manufacturer has already received its money from the lender, right? So I'll bet they're sleeping fine at night.