GM promises new Camaro will outshine Mustang

blazerdude20

http://m.leftlanenews.com/gm-dev-chief-promises-new-camaro-will-beat-mustang.html

"Speaking to Fox News, Reuss claimed to have recently piloted the new Camaro back-to-back against its Blue Oval rival. The fifth-generation Camaro has reportedly maintained a sales lead against the Mustang for the past five years, and Reuss appears to believe the sixth-generation build will further widen the gap.

"I'm confident," he said. "Very confident."

First off it's Camaro not Camero.

I would suspect that GM will at least get an initial uptick in sales once the production car hits showrooms and could very well overshadow the Mustang sales at least initially. After that it's anybody's guess.

Edited by Dave-S

As of March 1, the inventory levels for 2015 Mustang and Camaro were both similar at 27,900 and 27,800.

The real interest will be how GM handles the sell down of all those superseded Zeta Camaros.

20,727 of those Camaros are V6s, the remaining 7,024 are V8s.

Again, GM continues to build too many cars that people don't want and then mops up with incentives.

I don't understand. Does GM think people only buy mustangs and camaros to drag race and push them to their performance limits daily? Most comparisons I read was the mustang was easier to live with. Just because it's .2 of a second faster and rides like a log wagon to get 1.0g on a skid pad does not mean it will sell. GM has always had the idea that make it fast and maybe it can out run the crappiness of the rest of the car.

I don't understand. Does GM think people only buy mustangs and camaros to drag race and push them to their performance limits daily? Most comparisons I read was the mustang was easier to live with. Just because it's .2 of a second faster and rides like a log wagon to get 1.0g on a skid pad does not mean it will sell. GM has always had the idea that make it fast and maybe it can out run the crappiness of the rest of the car.

Typically, the Camaro has outperformed the Mustang in most performance categories while the Mustang has outperformed the Camaro in sales (except for the last few years).

honestly, i don't think there's anything wrong in being confident in your products, that said, there is a way to be confident and not overhype

Agreed, however GM is always like a girl who has the attitude she's a 10 but really she's a 6 with a boob job. Everything with them comes off as trying to prove something verbally instead of letting the work prove itself.

• Like 2

Why does he need to say anything?

Because he's the head of GM global product development and "our bespoke platform is better than yours...".

Funny story,

Holden managed to reduce Zeta Commodore's weight by 60 Kg (132 lbs) by using aluminum bolt on doors, hood and trunk.

Alpha reduces Camaro's weight by 200 lbs.........Talk about going from LA to New York via Sydney....

Can somebody reality check me here.... but does anybody REALLY think the camaro is an attactive vehicle? I mean... yeah I guess a lot of people do... they sell enough of them....but I just don't understand how ANYONE could pick a camaro over the gorgeous Mustang...

Is is just the leftover Transformer emblems in the GM parts bin?

Can somebody reality check me here.... but does anybody REALLY think the camaro is an attactive vehicle? I mean... yeah I guess a lot of people do... they sell enough of them....but I just don't understand how ANYONE could pick a camaro over the gorgeous Mustang...

Is is just the leftover Transformer emblems in the GM parts bin?

Chevy people buy Camaros and wouldn't consider a Mustang.

How it the world do you consider the 2015 Mustang to be "mildly updated" ....? :doh:

Am I wrong that the current car is a modified S197 with an independent rear? Is the new car a clean slate design?

If I am wrong, then please forgive. Maybe the word "mildly" was inappropriate.

Am I wrong that the current car is a modified S197 with an independent rear? Is the new car a clean slate design?

If I am wrong, then please forgive. Maybe the word "mildly" was inappropriate.

While S197 is in an evolutionary development cycle (though doesn't it have a new designation?), it's essentially an all new vehicle.

I like Camaros. I also like Mustangs and Challengers. I wish I could own variants of all of them. Each car has its strengths and weaknesses and I am looking forward to the introduction of the new Camaro.

Even if you don't like Camaros yourself, the Camaro will continue to promote competition among the brands and that is good for all of us.

• Like 1