New Lincoln MKX Ads: Matthew's Totally Silent This Time!?!?

I actually liked the ads and thought they are very classy.

I like informational videos, not inspirational. "The Feeling Stays with you" will be just another one of Lincolns vast marketing tags. So to me all of this just "eh"...

To me all of the informational ads for 30 seconds are a bunch of BS......85 mpg, 843 hp and zero to sixty in 34 seconds....they all sound the same and everyone is trying to out do the other-kind of like the truck towing comparisons-in my opinion:)

Now if they want to do a 30 minute informercial that would be different. I remember maybe 15 years ago watching a Lexus infomercial and just thought it was the greatest car in the world-in that time it might of been!

• Like 1

Well those were...interesting. A few of them obviously won't be ads (the last 3 especially).

I wish they'd have shown the vehicle more than a few zoomed in times where you don't see much of it.

I mean I get they used matthew McConoughey but ultimately they're selling the vehicle, not him.

I think you're underestimating the impact he has on female buyers (who are either deciding or influencing the majority of MKX purchases).

I agree with akirby. I have heard multiple people (all female) say the only reason they bought an MKC was because of him doing the commercials. One literally said if it is good enough for him then I want it.

Another note - I like how he's silent in them. Anyone but him (or a well known personality), and it wouldn't work, but I think conveys the image of what the brand is shooting for - sophisticated and classy, but comfortable and not too over the top.

I love the rear 3/4 view of the MKX....definitely it's best angle.

I'm interested to see what Continental ads would look like.

Edited by rmc523

Did anyone happen to notice in the second ad "The Winning Hand" at the .19 and .20 2:06 second mark when he was backing in the MKX? A black 60's continental, an Aston, and a light blue 60's Bronco!

You beat me to it...what kind of Aston? At a glance, I thought 'Miata', perhaps a shout out to the old PAG days. "Later!" maybe?

You beat me to it...what kind of Aston? At a glance, I thought 'Miata', perhaps a shout out to the old PAG days. "Later!" maybe?

It's a DB9 Volante. You know, it's funny now that I'm thinking about it. Maybe they dropped a big hint regarding the Bronco in this Lincoln ad. We know a new Continental is coming...so maybe throwing Bronco in is an indication of its pending arrival? And obivously the Aston not indicative of anything....it's a weird throw in for the commercial....though I guess maybe it's there to show an elevated Lincoln (that its worthy of being owned by someone with an Aston)??

• Like 1

It's a DB9 Volante. You know, it's funny now that I'm thinking about it. Maybe they dropped a big hint regarding the Bronco in this Lincoln ad. We know a new Continental is coming...so maybe throwing Bronco in is an indication of its pending arrival? And obivously the Aston not indicative of anything....it's a weird throw in for the commercial....though I guess maybe it's there to show an elevated Lincoln (that its worthy of being owned by someone with an Aston)??

Very nice.... < applause>