Report: 400 HP Ranger coming?

3.5 Ecoboost may be over kill on Ranger Raptor... it will be a beast. And realistically, it will only be sold In Australia so that's a really limited market niche.

It maybe possible for the next generation with US market in the mix. Focus RS' version of 2.3 Ecoboost in a Ranger will be very interesting.

No. That engine is exclusive to Lincoln, end of story.

And if that happens, I'll gladly eat crow. In the meantime I'm standing my ground on this one.

I agree it SHOULD be/stay Lincoln exclusive, but as blazerdude pointed out, so was the 3.7...until it wasn't. But with the new focus on Lincoln, I'd be willing to believe them this time.

Edited by rmc523

Sometimes ideas discussed on other Ford enthusiasts sites gets conveyed to the right ears.

We were discussing this topic a few months ago on an Australia forum and even though our market

is overwhelmingly diesel, the subject of a Ranger Raptor came up - mostly because the imported

F150 Raptor was so expensive and now hard to get due to it later arrival in North America.

Ranger Raptor would be a novel way for us Aussies to have a performance Truck without paying

over AUS$135K for and f150 Raptor after conversion....

The Idea of a worked 2.7 EB or 3.0 EB was was floated on the forum as an idea of Ford AUS

once again partnering with PREMCAR, it former partner in Ford Performance Vehicles.

FYI, Ford sold over 10,000 Rangers in Mexico in 2015, that should prick the ears of Ford US bosses

that the time is right to bring back Ranger to North America, it is superior to Colorado in almost every way.

• Like 1

Back in the mid-1990s, Ford did experiment with a 5.0L Ranger and I *think* that it was called the Thunderbolt internally. A friend at Ford brought one over to my house before the project was scrapped - of course that was a different time.

I'd guess a 2.3L EB would be a nice fit.

• Like 2

Back in the mid-1990s, Ford did experiment with a 5.0L Ranger and I *think* that it was called the Thunderbolt internally. A friend at Ford brought one over to my house before the project was scrapped - of course that was a different time.

I'd guess a 2.3L EB would be a nice fit.

Probably abandoned when they couldn't keep it out of the ditch while track testing.