2018 Ford Expedition Spied

I don't think this

2004-chevrolet-suburban-interior-wallpap

Looks better than this

40809198.jpg

Fuzzy, you may be right about pricing, because the Expy has been more advanced since then with things like IRS, fold flat third row, etc

You're right, but they are both ugly. In person, the 05 Expy dash looked & felt cheap. Maybe the Yukon & Tahoe looked & felt better in person.

My Brother In-Law has a Tahoe that looks exactly like that and EVERYTHING creaks on the inside, but those trucks last forever. The Expedition has never had a good looking interior, it's always been awful and it seems to be a game to see how bad they can make it.

I think the downfall of Expedition happened around the Great Recession and it never recovered because Ford neglected it. The Expedition also fell victim to Ford's "urban tough" design aesthetic under Mays which turned a family vehicle into something about as attractive as a cargo van and very unwelcoming to it's typical consumer. The design of the vehicle also aged very poorly, it was built around a very momentary fad in automotive design that fetishized sharp boxy lines inside and out and Ford was a particularly bad offender with stark minimalist industrial interiors. Turns out humans naturally prefer something softer.

Look at this ridiculous design, if they could have made the steering wheel square they would have.

2007_ford_expedition_dashboard.jpg

2007_chevrolet_tahoe_dashboard.jpg

2015-Ford-Expedition-dash.jpg

2016-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Interior-Dashboard.

Edited by BORG

I've been driving my 2008 Expedition too long. I actually like the dash, its easy to clean, looks nice and is very functional. Whereas I despise most GM dash's, they look bubbly and rushed. Like with the new Silverado dash, some of the button placement looks like they forgot to add an area for the break controller so they just went 'eh put it here, no one every uses those', same with the exact same knob for the headlights and 4wd system.

First, I have to agree with everyone, a new Expedition/Navigator has been needed for a long time. Ford put their efforts into redesigning the F150, including the Gen 1 and Gen II 3.5L EcoBoost engines and the new 9 (10?) speed transmission which will help the Exp/Nav.

People I know who have Exp/Nav love them except for the fuel economy and the paint peeling off of the front of the hood and the tailgate. I hope Ford solved this problem on the F150 and now F250 aluminum body trucks. They never did on the Exp/Nav. (I always wondered if those were stamped, assembled and painted by an outside supplier ?)

Early pictures of prototypes showed they had kept the coil spring rear suspension which should ride much better than the F150s leaf springs. One of the mandates to engineers was to use as many F150 parts as possible.

• Like 1

I'm actually wondering how much of the platform underpinning the Expedition is new or related to the current F-150, the rear suspension seems to be carried over. And can we assume these are Aluminum?

it is the "Vulcan frame meld".... existing rear suspension system updated and attached to the new F150 style frame....may make a good underpinning to the much rumored F100.

I respectfully disagree that the 2007 Expeditions interior was a poor design nor the exterior for that matter. As a previous owner of a 2007 we really enjoyed that vehicle for three years. It was my wife's daily driver, and she loved to drive it. We thought the interior was well laid out and attractive, so I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The only reason that we didn't buy another one was because they never changed it from that point forward, so we wenpt from that to a Buick Enclave and subsequently an explorer. Now we want to go back to a full size and it's still basically the same vehicle which is really unfortunate. Now it looks like we will have to buy a GMC as a stopgap measure until the new Expedition comes out, which is really disappointing to me. I like what I'm seeing so far, but Ford has been really slow with this redesign.

• Like 1