Potential 2019 Ranger Raptor spotted testing

Raptor is the name for F-150. Like Cobra is for Mustang.

If this is a true SVT vehicle then it will probably have a new name.

Does SVT still exist?

I could see Raptor being used for F150, Ranger, and Bronco.

Platinum once was F150 only too.

Does SVT still exist?

I could see Raptor being used for F150, Ranger, and Bronco.

Platinum once was F150 only too.

As long as they don't call it something like TRD. Not sure what Toyota was thinking with that. I always insert a 'u' in there.

Ranger already comes as an FX-4 but no performance gasoline version currently exists.

Raptor is such a strong name, I wonder if Ford is tempted to take that sort of performance

image international via the Ranger, that may have greater implications than any negative

crossover in North America.

A Ranger Raptor with say, a 3.0 TT V6, 400 HP and 400 lb ft would answer a lot of questions..

My guess is that the 3.0 will remain exclusive to Lincoln for the foreseeable future.

Maybe so but for global applicatons a TT gas engine under 3.0 liters is preferable

bus yes, I can see how Lincoln is set with the TT 3.0 V6, it just needs the PFDI upgrade

for increased power and torque.:)

In most markets 2.7 liter makes little sense because it is usually subject to the same displacement tax bracket as 3.0

e.g. typically 2501 cc to 2999 cc or something like that

So if Ford is going to make a Ranger 'Raptor' available in markets outside the US, they should strongly consider using the 3.0.

Does Australia have displacement based annual tax?

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

A Ranger Raptor with say, a 3.0 TT V6, 400 HP and 400 lb ft would answer a lot of questions..

Not sure if anyone noticed but the next gen 2.7 EB will be rated at 400 lb-ft in the 2018 F-150. I will be surprised if that engine goes into the Ranger, especially in the lower trim models. I won't be surprised, however, if the 2.3 EB is the highest output gas engine.

Edited by blksn8k2

Not sure if anyone noticed but the next gen 2.7 EB will be rated at 400 lb-ft in the 2018 F-150. I will be surprised if that engine goes into the Ranger, especially in the lower trim models. I won't be surprised, however, if the 2.3 EB is the highest output gas engine.

Raptor version should get the 2.7LEB

• Like 2

As I've said before, I'm starting to think the best combination for me would be an FX4 Ranger with the 2.7 EB and at least a 6-speed but preferably the 10-speed auto. I just hope Ford follows their own recent example (F-150) of offering their best drivetrains in more than just the top of the line truck models. Doing the opposite hasn't done much for GM full-size sales as of late.

As I've said before, I'm starting to think the best combination for me would be an FX4 Ranger with the 2.7 EB and at least a 6-speed but preferably the 10-speed auto. I just hope Ford follows their own recent example (F-150) of offering their best drivetrains in more than just the top of the line truck models. Doing the opposite hasn't done much for GM full-size sales as of late.

An existing truck power train would seem logical and the 2.7 EB with 325 HP 400 lb ft and that 10-speed auto

to me is now the front runner...that's gotta be like having a 5.4 3V under the hood........or maybe better.. ;)

Edited by jpd80

Which transmission is used with the Canyonrado? Is it the same transmission that is used in the 1500 series trucks?

An existing truck power train would seem logical and the 2.7 EB with 325 HP 400 lb ft and that 10-speed auto

to me is now the front runner...that's gotta be like having a 5.4 3V under the hood........or maybe better.. ;)

Better! The best the 5.4 3V ever did was 310/390 I believe (and that may have been with premium fuel). I'm pretty sure an F150 with the 2.7L EB will run circles around the old 5.4L.

• Like 1

Better! The best the 5.4 3V ever did was 310/390 I believe (and that may have been with premium fuel). I'm pretty sure an F150 with the 2.7L EB will run circles around the old 5.4L.

Especially with the torque upgrade and new 10-speed box, it's looking more like a hero combination in a smaller truck.