Ford's $28 billion cash pile doesn't buy love on Wall Street

Actually someone provided that slow downs where BS...as for battery life, all my phones have show significant degradation at the 2 year mark in battery life.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Oh I'm sure they don't actually have one, but it does always seem that stuff slows down when they're about to unveil a new one.

• Like 1

I've owned every iPhone from the 4 on and never experienced a sudden "slowdown" when a new device is released. A lot it depends on the apps you have installed. If developers are constantly only updating for the newest devices, they will run slower on older devices....that is up to the app developer, not Apple.

Sure, the newest OS is always going to be optimized for the newest devices, but I have not had any issues with older devices suddenly having the core functionalities going half-speed on me.

My year old iPhone 7 has taken a big battery life hit after the iOS 11 upgrade. On average, I would say I have 20% less battery at the end of the day than I had before.

I've heard that from several people, I haven't updated partially for that reason.

Weird, I have a 7Plus and have had no issues with iOS11.

Well, 7+ has a bigger battery than the 7, so maybe you just haven't noticed ;)

Several battery draining options get reset during the upgrade. You need to go in and check those. There are many articles on what to check specifically. After I updated everything my battery is back to normal.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to go check it out. I know I've updated several things, but likely not enough.

Some bloggers assume that on Jan 1, 2020, all the sudden we will all be in self driving cars. As if the year is a magic number, like when 2000 was thought of as a fancy future.

Part of the reason is that Honda and Nissan have both pledged to have Level 4 autonomous cars for sale by 2020.

My 7 was horrid with battery life when I installed 11 though the 11.0.3 update helped seems to be a wifi issue as when I turn it off it dont have the issue. My work 6s+ doesnt have any issue and is almost exactly the same as before. Also in ios11 its annoying that actually turn off WiFi you have to go into settings and cant just swipe up, that just turns it off from the network youre on.

It has been posted by Autoline that no major car manufacturers are going to produce a new ICE by early 2020's.

Many of the major markets are going to ban the ICE in large cities.

China is heading fast to electric transportation. They are now the dog and NA and Europe are the tails. As such, whoever is in the lead with electric transportation has the inside track.

The days of No Bailout and a Rock Star CEO have faded. The new synergy belongs to GM and Tesla/Toyota. FCA is the walking dead and Ford is playing catch up in the car/cub market.

Trucks however is a diffrent story.

Edited by mettech

I don't understand the importance of impressing the stock market and with $28 billion at

its disposal, I doubt that Ford will need to borrow masive amounts of cash anytime soon..

maybe someone holding a LOT of common stock** wants to cash-out

** & therefore clout

• Like 1

It has been posted by Autoline that no major car manufacturers are going to produce a new ICE by early 2020's.

To expand on the Autoline Daily article, it was Michael Robinet of IHS Markit, who said that no major car manufacturer has any brand new, gasoline or diesel engines planned after 2021. They will improve existing ICE engines, but no new engines will be developed.

• Like 2

To expand on the Autoline Daily article, it was Michael Robinet of IHS Markit, who said that no major car manufacturer has any brand new, gasoline or diesel engines planned after 2021. They will improve existing ICE engines, but no new engines will be developed.

Honestly I don’t see any gaps right now that would require a new engine.

The gap is with electric power. New ICE only will be dead in 5 years.

I had a long talk with my engineering friend who works in Ford’s electric/hybrid section last Saturday at a wedding. After talking to her (sorry, no details) you’ll be well satisfied by what Ford is planning in electrics. She’s currently on her 30th year and was looking at retirement, but now just may put that off. She’s even considering applying to be on Team Edison.

I had a long talk with my engineering friend who works in Ford’s electric/hybrid section last Saturday at a wedding. After talking to her (sorry, no details) you’ll be well satisfied by what Ford is planning in electrics. She’s currently on her 30th year and was looking at retirement, but now just may put that off. She’s even considering applying to be on Team Edison.

Thanks for sharing mackinaw,

It's great to know someone who's a 30 year veteran can find zest and vigor in new projects,

sounds like Team Edison is becoming Ford's bridge to the future.

In ten years time, we'll look on these events as the pivotal moments when Ford and GM

embraced electrification and committed to moving forward and making things happen.

Edited by jpd80