Ford Escape (Kuga) 2020 mule

The comment regarding longer and wider Escape makes me wonder if that will take some sales from Edge,

especially if we're talking 2-row Utilities or are we still looking at an oversized Compact versus a genuine Mid size?

Where have you been for the past 18 months?

I know the answer, I'm simply putting it out there for people to discuss, there are lots of people

that read these threads that wouldn't be aware of what's going on because Ford has not said..

Apparently it's all top secret and might tip their hand......

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

The mule looks like it has longer wheelbase which is good. I don't think there is any reason to think it will steal sales from Edge... there is still going to be a good size difference between the two with distinct different attributes... Kuga will have optional 3rd row seats to replace Grand C-Max while the 5 seat Edge is still a 5 seat midsize SUV - although a 7 seat version to replace S-Max is an eventually inevitability.

• Like 1

I'd take a punt on a two inch increase wheelbase making Escape a little over 107" and aligning with latest Equinox.

That extra room will no doubt entice a lot more buyers into the showroom which could throw up a new problem for Ford...

Edited by jpd80

I'd take a punt on a two inch increase wheelbase making Escape a little over 107" and aligning with latest Equinox.

That extra room will no doubt entice a lot more buyers into the showroom which could throw up a new problem for Ford...

Which is?

Ford is probably going to great lengths to hide Broncos, maybe using Explorer bodies as cover.

the initial fleet (2 or 3) that was driving around about 8 months ago were chopped up Everests wearing very heavy camo, and only being driven around at night. They were about the size of an Escape, maybe slightly bigger.

To the best of my knowledge they have been off the road for some time now and by now theyve probably been destroyed.