Ford to reveal future product plans on Thursday (Bronco under cover and a baby Bronco!)

For me, the names "Maverick" and "Pinto" conjure thoughts and images of cheap, unreliable, pieces of junk. I think a lot of folks who read the forums here on Blue Oval News would probably agree with this assessment.

I think Ford can do a lot better than simply "retreading" these old names!

C'mon, Ford! Dazzle us with some imaginative, new names to go along with what I hope will be top class styling and engineering for all of these new vehicles.

If you have to, task some employees to step through, page by page, the fattest dictionary you can find, and make a list of all good potential names for these new vehicles.

• Like 2

In keeping with a horse theme, particularly wild horses (Bronco, Mustang), I would nominate "Cayuse" for the small Bronco.

If heritage names are being considered (Maverick, Ranchero), I think "Del Rio" is worth considering.

Don't be too obscure. That's something VW does for their SUVs.

A bit more in the pipeline for Lincoln

Additionally, Farley said Lincoln plans to offer two SUVs by 2020, including the Explorer-based Aviator. He said the luxury brand will add four utilities after 2020 but declined to go into specifics. http://www.autonews.com/article/20180315/OEM04/180319799/ford-set-to-replace-75-of-n-a-lineup-in-2-years?profile=1657

• Like 1

If you cannot disassociate yourself from an economy compacts of many decades ago then you have an awfully small mind.

Was a personal attack on me necessary? I'm not the only person contributing to this post (BTW, which I started) who associates the name Maverick with something cheap and junky.

Was a personal attack on me necessary? I'm not the only person contributing to this post (BTW, which I started) who associates the name Maverick with something cheap and junky.

That was unnecessary. I’m with you - almost everyone in the US would associated Maverick with a cheap ass 70s compact car.

• Cheap icon-checkmark.gif
  • Unreliable icon-checkmark.gif
  • Piece of Junk icon-checkmark.gif
  • Produced in the 80's icon-checkmark.gif
  • Name re-used on a new CUV icon-checkmark.gif

renault-encore-07.jpg

pic-1-11.jpg

People don't have a memory that matters to them about crappy old cars. Every name has been polluted from Mustang II to Charger and yet they still sell.

Maverick was awesome and you can't change my mind. :)

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 3