Jump to content
  • Custom Search


02MustangGT

Baby Bronco spotted testing

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Looking at that last picture, does it seem the rear door is swung out sideways an inch or two....ie. this will be a side-swinging rear door as opposed to pull-up?

 

Look at the gap on the right side of the door as opposed to the left.  looks like it is open a bit on the left side and hinged on the right.

 

It's just an illusion because the hatch is "popped" open a bit and the camera angle.  It'll be a liftgate.

 

---

 

Someone over on FIN is claiming baby Bronco will have the same interior as Escape.  I find that extremely hard to believe, as why would they go through all the effort of developing a new top hat with a different theme (boxy/masculine) just to throw in the same interior?

Edited by rmc523

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Someone over on FIN is claiming baby Bronco will have the same interior as Escape.  I find that extremely hard to believe, as why would they go through all the effort of developing a new top hat with a different theme (boxy/masculine) just to throw in the same interior?

 

That would be hard to believe and if true, very disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, akirby said:

 

That would be hard to believe and if true, very disappointing.

 

Yeah, it'd be a massive disappointment if true.

 

He's also a guy that's always down on Ford and claiming Ford paid for good initial reviews because they invited journalists somewhere to do the initial reviews of the vehicle - the thing every manufacturer does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be hard to believe that the Escape interior would fit in the baby Bronco.

 

That would be like trying to fit the F-150 interior in the Transit. 

Edited by ausrutherford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't they supposed to be about the same width/length interior wise?  I have a feeling they'll share quite a bit of the interior pieces.  Just my hunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 4:23 AM, bzcat said:

 

Highly doubt it... external spare tire is a IIHS crash test nightmare. Also, I think it will have a lift gate not a swing gate which rules out external spare... but I could be wrong.

 

I'm going with housing for lift gate handle. It is not too big as someone mentioned... it's about the right size. Remember, it also has to fit a bunch of other things in there like rear camera wiring and potentially cross traffic and parking sensor radar control unit.

Get ready for a shock,  the T6 Bronco has external spare tire,

so having that feature on Baby bronco would not be a surprise.

 

I wouldn't rule out a swing gate on the baby either....

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PoisonIvy said:

Aren't they supposed to be about the same width/length interior wise?  I have a feeling they'll share quite a bit of the interior pieces.  Just my hunch.

Buttons, dials, switches, gauges for sure. But the arrangement on the dash and door skins would differ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the unseen hardware can be the same, differentiation comes from changing much of what can be seen and felt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 11:14 PM, jpd80 said:

Get ready for a shock,  the T6 Bronco has external spare tire,

so having that feature on Baby bronco would not be a surprise.

 

I wouldn't rule out a swing gate on the baby either....

 

Hm.  Doesn't look like a swing gate on the baby Bronco to me, but I certainly could be wrong.

 

Though I will say, an external spare could explain the odd cutout we saw.   That said, it'd be an odd inclusion at that size vehicle, IMO.....I feel baby Bronco will be far more of a road warrior than regular Bronco.

Edited by rmc523

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why it MAY be a swing gate:

Looking at the tailgate, I see it head on where the rest of the vehicle is at an angle, indicating the tailgate is on a different vertical plane than the rest of the vehicle.

 

Why it MAY NOT be a swing gate:

Unless the image is reversed, the swing gate would be opening where it would block the passenger (ie. curb) side of the vehicle.  I can't see Ford doing that for a NA designed vehicle (however, the Wrangler does open the same way...but it is only half door).

 

I'll go with I have no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 1:50 AM, rmc523 said:

 

It's just an illusion because the hatch is "popped" open a bit and the camera angle.  It'll be a liftgate.

 

---

 

Someone over on FIN is claiming baby Bronco will have the same interior as Escape.  I find that extremely hard to believe, as why would they go through all the effort of developing a new top hat with a different theme (boxy/masculine) just to throw in the same interior?

As usual, he's talking out of his ass. the interiors come form the same suppliers but are different

The whole point of having a retro looking Ute that's different to Escape is to actually be different

in places that can be seen, inside and out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 9:28 AM, J-150 said:

Buttons, dials, switches, gauges for sure. But the arrangement on the dash and door skins would differ.

Sharing a lot of the interior components cuts costs and increases profit per unit so from a business standpoint this is good. They will probably do some restyling of the actual dash and the doors for sure will be different. I'm sure the seats will be shared, but with unique fabric. Some might call this the same interior, but if it is somewhat similar it'll have it's own style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

Sharing a lot of the interior components cuts costs and increases profit per unit so from a business standpoint this is good. They will probably do some restyling of the actual dash and the doors for sure will be different. I'm sure the seats will be shared, but with unique fabric. Some might call this the same interior, but if it is somewhat similar it'll have it's own style.

It will be interesting to see how much  variation is possible when sourced from the same supplier,

variation is important but so too some of that  familiar feeling.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 11:50 AM, rmc523 said:

 

It's just an illusion because the hatch is "popped" open a bit and the camera angle.  It'll be a liftgate.

 

---

 

Someone over on FIN is claiming baby Bronco will have the same interior as Escape.  I find that extremely hard to believe, as why would they go through all the effort of developing a new top hat with a different theme (boxy/masculine) just to throw in the same interior?

FIN is just a bunch of Ford fans spouting off what they hear from elsewhere on the internet. There is nothing "inside" about it. That's why I prefer posting at BON now: this site has real insiders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dequindre said:

FIN is just a bunch of Ford fans spouting off what they hear from elsewhere on the internet. There is nothing "inside" about it. That's why I prefer posting at BON now: this site has real insiders. 

FIN has devolved into an site of anti-Ford trolls with only a few faithful Ford enthusiasts left to counter them. I do not understand the mentality of people who just visit sites to continually post negative remarks about the topic of the site. This happens with forums for sports teams and many consumer products and services as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trailhiker said:

FIN has devolved into an site of anti-Ford trolls with only a few faithful Ford enthusiasts left to counter them. I do not understand the mentality of people who just visit sites to continually post negative remarks about the topic of the site. This happens with forums for sports teams and many consumer products and services as well.

 

Outrage addiction

 

I read this other day...makes too much sense given how polarized people are these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have high hopes for the Baby Bronco. The compact Jeep offerings would be compelling, if not for the poor quality, poor driving dynamics, abysmal interiors and underpowered engines. All the things Ford can do better on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J-150 said:

 Jeep offerings .. if not for the poor quality, poor driving dynamics, abysmal interiors and underpowered engines. 

 

It is unbelievable what consumers will deal with just to be in a Jeep vehicle that is considered 'cool'!  I want no part of the emotions that go with the auto business - I am far to pragmatic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

 

It is unbelievable what consumers will deal with just to be in a Jeep vehicle that is considered 'cool'!  I want no part of the emotions that go with the auto business - I am far to pragmatic. 

 

So you never bought a vehicle because you liked the way it looks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, akirby said:

 

So you never bought a vehicle because you liked the way it looks?

 

I think he's trying to say that's just a part of the equation, not 100%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 4:14 AM, rmc523 said:

 

Hm.  Doesn't look like a swing gate on the baby Bronco to me, but I certainly could be wrong.

 

Though I will say, an external spare could explain the odd cutout we saw.   That said, it'd be an odd inclusion at that size vehicle, IMO.....I feel baby Bronco will be far more of a road warrior than regular Bronco.

No way, think what Bronco is has access to from Explorer/Aviator......

 

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jpd80 said:

No way, think what Bronco is has access to from Explorer/Aviator......

 

 

That sentence made my brain hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

 

I think he's trying to say that's just a part of the equation, not 100%. 

Correct - least part of the equation.  I think lots of vehicles are insanely desirable and very cool looking. But when I actually put down the $$ its mostly for other reasons.

All my vehicles need to be in this order: 

1.  Made in the USA by an American based company.

2.  Have the capability to haul and perform in all 4 seasons of the Mountain West (i.e. Tow their rated capacity through the Ike Gauntlet >11,000 ft above sea level, on the hottest summer day, and safely navigate Rabbit Ears Pass in a snowstorm) 

3. Have a Keypad entry (that pretty  much narrows any purchase down to a Ford).

4. I need to see a balance of value vs. price and like the way it looks.  I prefer color over shades of black and white -but I never buy on looks alone or being cool. 

 

My family truckster is 2008 EB Explorer (in metallic dark cherry) 110k miles (we have other vehicles for daily chores that share the miles).  It's taken the family and towed the camper to nearly every major National Park in the Mountain and Desert West, and regular trips to Steamboat and Colorado winter sports destinations.  It is non-offensive, and arguably 'handsome', but FAR from 'cool'.   That should fully explain, and no apologies from me. 

 

It's just me -everyone is different and I am more different than most.  (that's not my truck but a grab off the internet of the same model, I would never put those window things on anything I own)

EB Explorer.PNG

Edited by Kev-Mo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×