'20 November Sales/Chart

12 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Noted. It's looking less and less likely I I'll be getting a Ranger. It's a long and stupid story involving an infuriating discussion with the warden. Cliffnotes: she thinks it's still 2006 and trucks are terrible on gas, and she doesn't see any reason why we need one. She would rather rent a truck. I'll probably get an Escape and hope I don't hate it. 

either that or the best condition beater I can find for $500 or less just to spite her. 

Maybe if your presentation didn't start with a $500/month Lariat,,,,,

HRG

31 minutes ago, valve said:

Scotty Kilmer doesn't count ;)

Lol. He does drive me crazy the way his hands and arms start swinging around. But he seems to know a lot about cars and does like Ford products. He did talk a lot about used Explorers that have had more than one turbo failure. 

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

If you decide on a Sport hybrid, make sure you get the premium package option. Well worth it as it looks so much better with the premium wheels and panoramic sunroof. I got this package on my Escape hybrid and love it. Basically looks like the Titanium minus a few options. 

Good recommendation FordBuyer sir. For 2021 Escape, Ford now offers a SEL Hybrid at $31,445. This version is a good value in the Escape lineup for 2021, just as SE Sport Hybrid with Premium Package was in 2020 with a price of $32,555. There are some differences in features, for example 2021 SEL Hybrid has 18" wheels while 2020 SE Sport Hybrid with Premium Package has 19" wheels.

Pricing on all 2021 Escape trim levels from Car and Driver is below.

image.thumb.png.94a3cb4b470cec5d13a52df417b174fa.png

8 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Good recommendation FordBuyer sir. For 2021 Escape, Ford now offers a SEL Hybrid at $31,445. This version is a good value in the Escape lineup for 2021, just as SE Sport Hybrid with Premium Package was in 2020 with a price of $32,555. There are some differences in features, for example 2021 SEL Hybrid has 18" wheels while 2020 SE Sport Hybrid with Premium Package has 19" wheels.

Pricing on all 2021 Escape trim levels from Car and Driver is below.

image.thumb.png.94a3cb4b470cec5d13a52df417b174fa.png

The new SEL hybrid is very good value. More features as you stated and with incentives and rebates will be under $30,000 while the Titanium is usually over $30,000  even after discounts. SE Sport hybrids with premium package go for $28,500 if you don't take the 0% loan, but they don't have fog lights, one touch up power window, parking sensors, and probably some other options at least for 2020. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

The new SEL hybrid is very good value. More features as you stated and with incentives and rebates will be under $30,000 while the Titanium is usually over $30,000  even after discounts. SE Sport hybrids with premium package go for $28,500 if you don't take the 0% loan, but they don't have fog lights, one touch up power window, parking sensors, and probably some other options at least for 2020. 

Is that new for 2021? I didn't see it on the build and price as I was fiddling with it last night. That would be perfect for me, I would prefer leather seats just because of where I work. Much easier to keep clean. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Is that new for 2021? I didn't see it on the build and price as I was fiddling with it last night. That would be perfect for me, I would prefer leather seats just because of where I work. Much easier to keep clean. 

Yeah, I think SEL hybrid is new.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I think SEL hybrid is new.

Yes sir fuzzymoomoo and rmc523, Escape Hybrid SEL is new for 2021. I think this will be the most popular trim for Escape Hybrid for 2021, it includes ActiveX (leatherette) seating, one touch up and down power windows front and rear, fog lamps, heated steering wheel, and power liftgate.

The online build and price tool at ford.com still shows 2020 Escape, but ice-capades uploaded the order guide for 2021 Escape to this site. I attached it to this post for convenience.

2021 Escape Order Guide.pdf

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

I find it interesting that Edge and Nautilus sales are down yet we’ve been working between 9-10 hours for awhile now. I wonder if it’s because we have to build out the rest of the 2020 models or because we will be down between 4-5 weeks.

Probably a combination of factors. Some vehicles sell better at certain times and sales are always dependent on available inventory in stock. The inventory often drops faster than it can be replenished and when it gets low enough there isn't enough to meet demand and sales drop. 

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Probably a combination of factors. Some vehicles sell better at certain times and sales are always dependent on available inventory in stock. The inventory often drops faster than it can be replenished and when it gets low enough there isn't enough to meet demand and sales drop. 

Aren't some still exported out of NA?

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Aren't some still exported out of NA?

China is now building Nautilus and Edge has been discontinued in Europe and Australia. I suppose there are still some going to South America and Middle East but not nearly the volume they were shipping out before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bzcat said:

China is now building Nautilus and Edge has been discontinued in Europe and Australia. I suppose there are still some going to South America and Middle East but not nearly the volume they were shipping out before.

Very true, volume has been reduced for those reasons forsure 

13 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ya too me it’s just be a case of just building up inventory. Sales of Edge Nautilus have been down all year which is the case for most vehicles this year anyways.

I think we're about to see massive inventory issues as a result of the covid plant shutdowns catching up to lot inventory if my local dealer is any indication.

Got a chance to talk to our sales guy we've known for years at the local dealer I mentioned previously in the thread, and figured out why their lot is half empty........no inventory.  He said the plant shutdowns hurt a lot, and it's now hitting at least their dealer (and I'm sure others) - the problem right now doesn't seem to be metal not moving, but rather they can't sell what they don't have.  I kid you not, driving by, you'd think they were repaving half their parking lot, that's how few vehicles they have right now.  He said things have been selling, but they're just not getting new ones in to replenish inventory.  Their get-ready lot off-site is completely empty too.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think we're about to see massive inventory issues as a result of the covid plant shutdowns catching up to lot inventory if my local dealer is any indication.

Got a chance to talk to our sales guy we've known for years at the local dealer I mentioned previously in the thread, and figured out why their lot is half empty........no inventory.  He said the plant shutdowns hurt a lot, and it's now hitting at least their dealer (and I'm sure others) - the problem right now doesn't seem to be metal not moving, but rather they can't sell what they don't have.  I kid you not, driving by, you'd think they were repaving half their parking lot, that's how few vehicles they have right now.  He said things have been selling, but they're just not getting new ones in to replenish inventory.  Their get-ready lot off-site is completely empty too.

In article today Ford announced that new F150 retail sales are up 210% vs last year. No way is F150 production keeping up with that demand. It will be many months before you see any F150 inventory to choose from. I also wonder how many F150 hybrids Ford can make in a year. 

7 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

In article today Ford announced that new F150 retail sales are up 210% vs last year. No way is F150 production keeping up with that demand. It will be many months before you see any F150 inventory to choose from. I also wonder how many F150 hybrids Ford can make in a year. 

December 1 inventory of F Series combined was just over 150k, way down on what it normally is but completely 

understandable now that the '21 F150 is here. It's kind of Ford's way of run out without much incentives...

Well that's probably how lower F Series sales will be spun...

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

December 1 inventory of F Series combined was just over 150k, way down on what it normally is but completely 

understandable now that the '21 F150 is here. It's kind of Ford's way of run out without much incentives...

Well that's probably how lower F Series sales will be spun...

My monthly Ford Credit statement 

has a deal that includes 2021 F150 and 250....Ford gives you an extra $2500 over and above the best deal the dealership gives you. I've also gotten Emails from Ford pushing same deal. So Ford is aggressively pushing pickup sales, even 2021 F150.