2022 Ford Ranger

35 minutes ago, Ranger Rick said:

Any word when the 2022 Ranger will start production and if it will have a v6. Will they look like a baby F 150?

Next year as in MY23, the global version of NG Ranger arrives first, as in Q4 later this year.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

Some of the speculation says the only Ranger available in North America to get a V6 will be the Raptor and that it will be the 3.0L EB. As usual, no one will really know until Ford sees fit to tell us.  :shrug:

If that would be the same 3.0 that is in my MKZ.."scary"!

55 minutes ago, akirby said:

not exactly.  The new one is turned 90 degrees.  Explorer Sport.

ST*

40 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

I know-better yet in my book.  Recognizing the MKZ is 400 HP/400lb ft. and it can be detuned-Explorer is 365 right?

No, it's 400/415 for the Explorer's 3.0.

You're thinking of the 3.5EB Explorer Sport.

Edited by rmc523

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

ST*

SporT - the por is silent!

The RWD version also doesn’t require torque management to prevent the trans from exploding.

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

ST*

Platinum is 365, ST and Aviator are 400. The new trim level gets the v6 also, but I don’t recall which tune.

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not to mention it's likely going to be tuned for more torque since it's going into a truck 

Depends on which version of the 10R it gets.  Probably the 10R80, so maybe it gets more torque.  The 2.7 in the Bronco gets another 10-15 over the F150.  I could see the 3.0 getting close to 450.

1 hour ago, slemke said:

Depends on which version of the 10R it gets.  Probably the 10R80, so maybe it gets more torque.  The 2.7 in the Bronco gets another 10-15 over the F150.  I could see the 3.0 getting close to 450.

Apparently Bronco is getting a 10R60, though.  Not sure what to make of that.

49 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hopefully the 4th to 3rd downshift will be better than my Mustang lol.

How many miles are on your Mustang?  The upshifts and downshifts in my Ecoboost “were” flawless.  At around 40,000 miles, I started having issues. And it got worse over time.  The worst was the 4th to 3rd downshift.  Had the dealer take a look at it.  No error codes, but they did update the software.  It shifts like it is supposed to now.  This same issue has been reported by others. In some cases, parts (don’t know which parts) were replaced. 

10 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

How many miles are on your Mustang?  The upshifts and downshifts in my Ecoboost “were” flawless.  At around 40,000 miles, I started having issues. And it got worse over time.  The worst was the 4th to 3rd downshift.  Had the dealer take a look at it.  No error codes, but they did update the software.  It shifts like it is supposed to now.  This same issue has been reported by others. In some cases, parts (don’t know which parts) were replaced. 

shift issues on the hybrid Explorer are all over the web...ugh...and that's with a regularly aspirated V6...

1 hour ago, CurtisH said:

Just under 28k.

In more spirited driving/faster deceleration, it's fine, but when you slow down gradually or a more "regular" stop, it kind of lurches between 4th and 3rd.  I had them reflash it once but it didn't do anything.  Everything else is fine - upshifts are great.

Maybe I should take it back in.

Edited by rmc523

7 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Just under 28k.

In more spirited driving/faster deceleration, it's fine, but when you slow down gradually or a more "regular" stop, it kind of lurches between 4th and 3rd.  I had them reflash it once but it didn't do anything.  Everything else is fine - upshifts are great.

Maybe I should take it back in.

Here’s a thread on Mustang6g that has a lot of good information about issues with the 10R80:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/10r80-owners-ultimate-m6g-10r80-facts-resolutions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/

Hope this helps. 

Assuming the NG Ranger Raptor is actually available in North America and it does get the 3.0L EB, anyone want to venture a guess on price? I would seriously consider that or the rumored Bronco pickup as a replacement for my '18 F-150.

Also, any news on how much aluminum might make it into the NG Ranger's body panels? 

On 5/25/2021 at 4:31 AM, petemill said:

Will certainly be strange if there isn't a hybrid option for the next generation Ranger in the US.

More than strange, it would be out of step for next gen Ranger to not have either a hybrid or PHEV option.

Not sure if Rivian would be involved with an immediate BEV Ranger or whether T6 frame changes like Lightning.