2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

24 minutes ago, HarryTaint said:

I understand the times we are in right now. But, you would think somehow, I don't know how, but somehow they would come up with something to deal with what is happening right now. All of these orders backed up, the randomness of how orders are getting built like somehow orders placed in Jan are getting built before an order placed in May or June. And then all the orders that are not going to get built as a 22, & have to reorder potentially to do the same thing next year. You can't just keep taking orders and orders and not be able to fill them for 2-3 years until things start to level out whenever that may be. I don't know what the solution may be, but there has to be something they can do to try and avoid what is happening right now. 

I agree here, would be nice that if your 22MY was not able to be built you had the choice to roll it to a 23MY first in line with the same pricing if you wanted, but we know that isn't likely to happen.

As silly as I thought it was buying an inflated used F250 or some other brand 3/4 ton its not looking like that bad of a choice at this moment if I can find a low mileage one. I'm not worried about resale value as I plan on keeping this truck for 15+ years, it's mainly going to be used to pull my RV and put 5-10k miles max on i per year.....

15 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Once you have your VIN, you can also do a search with FordPass to see if it finds your truck. If it does, then the electronics are alive.

Just tried this based on your post and my truck showed up! Guess that's a good sign that it is out there somewhere though I've not received any updated emails and order status has not changed since 2/18 per cyberdman.

I can assure you there is nothing random about the process.  It just seems that way because it’s an extremely complex process that has to deal with commodity issues on a daily and weekly basis and things changing last minute.  Trying to decode it or understand it down to the smallest detail is impossible because Ford isn’t going to release that type of proprietary info to the competition.  

Be patient, understand Ford is doing the best they can to build your truck and stop trying to analyze it to death.  

• Like 6

I respectfully disagree, there are always improvements that can be made. There's no way that someone should be getting their build who placed their order in Jan or Feb with the commodities that we were all told were holding our builds up and that we should delete to even move up. I've seen a lot of builds rolling off with AS, bed liner, & 5th whee prep all of which I was told I had to delete. Why was I told by the regional rep to delete those items or else I'd have to wait 20-30 more weeks? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HarryTaint said:

I respectfully disagree, there are always improvements that can be made. There's no way that someone should be getting their build who placed their order in Jan or Feb with the commodities that we were all told were holding our builds up and that we should delete to even move up. I've seen a lot of builds rolling off with AS, bed liner, & 5th whee prep all of which I was told I had to delete. Why was I told by the regional rep to delete those items or else I'd have to wait 20-30 more weeks? 

A Ford employee directly told you that?

This is what I have been trying to understand...ordered Dec 6th 21.  reading here and from what my dealer has told me I needed to delete AS, 5th wheel prep, spray liner and one call they told me I had to delete moon roof on a KR Ultimate.   Yet I see vehicles with one or more of those options that were ordered about the same time or after being built/delivered.   Have gone through all with my dealer on priority code, COVP system, managing allocations..... yet still don't even have a VIN.   Is there something else I need to do or have dealer do?  Any help would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

If you have one item on the commodity hold list, you may get through.  If you have two, your chances go down.  If you have 3 of the items on the list, your chances of it getting built go down exponentially.  It's simple math and statistics folks, and Ford is not trying to screw you out of getting your truck.  Either change the order or be patient.

I've got 3 (AS, BL, 5th wheel prep).  Been on order since 9/3.  No schedule date.  I'm choosing to be patient because I want the truck I ordered, not something I settled for so I could get it a few months sooner.  I'm fully expecting to be pushed to a '23 model, and if that's the result, then so be it.  But, then again, I didn't sell my 2017 yet so I've still got a (perfectly fine, super nice) truck to drive and use until my new one shows up, all the while I'm saving more money to pay for the new one! :)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kfford said:

This is what I have been trying to understand...ordered Dec 6th 21.  reading here and from what my dealer has told me I needed to delete AS, 5th wheel prep, spray liner and one call they told me I had to delete moon roof on a KR Ultimate.   Yet I see vehicles with one or more of those options that were ordered about the same time or after being built/delivered.   Have gone through all with my dealer on priority code, COVP system, managing allocations..... yet still don't even have a VIN.   Is there something else I need to do or have dealer do?  Any help would be appreciated. 

Nope, you're in a waiting game. I ordered same day as you with zero commodity items on my build. I've received nothing other than the confirmation email and judging by the links posted above it may be a while before anyone hears anything. All this just goes to show how much we rely on other countries for just about everything we purchase....

Thanks FORDMANTPW, helps to see it in writing then take 20 deep breaths to relax...for another week before I get all tangled up again. ?   I am older but still relate to the young crowd in that "I want it now" 

Also,  CheeseheadFord,  I am with you on relying on others...hopefully we start changing that to the better.   Been a Ford man all my life and want to stay that way but Ford is making it harder on me every week. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kfford said:

Thanks FORDMANTPW, helps to see it in writing then take 20 deep breaths to relax...for another week before I get all tangled up again. ?   I am older but still relate to the young crowd in that "I want it now" 

Also,  CheeseheadFord,  I am with you on relying on others...hopefully we start changing that to the better.   Been a Ford man all my life and want to stay that way but Ford the parts shortage is making it harder on me every week. 

Fixed it for ya.  Not much Ford can really do about it at this point.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheFatInTheHat said:

Lol, I would take anything unconfirmed from Facebook with the smallest grain of salt. 

1 hour ago, JT42 said:

So I guess I wasn't wrong nor the Facebook group. Course I didn't know if it was true or not.  But thought it could be with everyone getting bumped. ? 

19 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Fixed it for ya.  Not much Ford can really do about it at this point.

Communicate better about status, cause for delay, and what options can be removed to help expedite?  Not break the order tracker?  Not make price protection such a mystery and keep hiking the price?  Keep their Search Inventory page up and running?  Fix the COVP process?  How about some innovation to become less chip-dependent?  Bring back floor shifters for 4x4 and manual transmissions.

18 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

Communicate better about status, cause for delay, and what options can be removed to help expedite?  Not break the order tracker?  Not make price protection such a mystery and keep hiking the price?  Keep their Search Inventory page up and running?  Fix the COVP process?  How about some innovation to become less chip-dependent?  Bring back floor shifters for 4x4 and manual transmissions.

Haha you are very demanding 

If you read the well written order process I posted you should understand it better

my dealer had 11allocations for superdutys for the month I’m guessing. If your dealer has 80 allocations  you may be waiting.  Then some guys order 2 or 3 to see which one gets built first.  And  you really get behind building. I’m with akirby. They are doing the Best they can with what they have. The dealers are having trouble getting parts to fix cars for customers. Could you imagine having your daily Driver down and no parts for 2-3 months. At least I have the luxury of waiting for my new truck and I’m driving my old one until that time

Understand the issues mentioned but agree that better communication to customers and those who have placed orders would help.  Even though they are indicating that all brands are having issues many in my area have ordered "lets call them goats" maxed out and have received them in the time I am still waiting to determine if I can even get a vehicle this year.

40 minutes ago, kfford said:

Understand the issues mentioned but agree that better communication to customers and those who have placed orders would help.  Even though they are indicating that all brands are having issues many in my area have ordered "lets call them goats" maxed out and have received them in the time I am still waiting to determine if I can even get a vehicle this year.

The communication part is the dealer's responsibility.  Any dealers worth anything will research and inform the customers.  The Ford reps know the story, and they are likely communicating that to the dealerships.  And as we all know, most dealerships are just a hair above worthless (not all, there are a couple good ones, especially @ice-capades and @Deanh who help out here a lot).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kfford said:

King Ranch Ultimate. Waiting since August. No AS, 5th wheel or bed liner. I was originally told December. 

It really seems like there is a shortage of some sort happening. I just got bumped to the week of the 21st. I'm thinking that the bumping will continue for those that have Vin's and the lack of scheduling for those that don't will continue  until this is resolved.

Hate to hear that for both of us.  Patience is not something I have an abundance of but having to work on that.  Talking with others in the same situation or worse (your case) at least starts to make me feel better. ?