March '23 Sales/Chart

Saw this on Bronco6G:

Only 5,451 units less than the Wrangler which was down 17% from Q1 2022. Closing the gap, albeit slowly. Without all the constraints and ordering issues I imagine the Bronco would have surpassed the Wrangler by now.

That is pretty impressive...

To reach the year end annual run rate for EVs of 360k they have to increase sales from 10k in 1Q to 30k/month by end of year.

So much for dropping cars hurting sales.  Imagine the profits if they didn’t have all those warranty costs.

So that's annoying.  These are quarterly results, NOT March results.  So Ford is quasi-reporting both monthly and quarterly.

When I get home this evening, I'll plug these numbers into my charts so we can have actual/accurate March figures.

That said, some nice healthy increases across most of the board, with the exception of obvious ones like EcoSport (discontinued) and Ranger/Escape/Corsair (production issues).

• Like 1

I foresee more of this type of thing happening with this ICE to BEV long conversion process. There’s gonna be a whole lot more transferring going on in Michigan and elsewhere. It’s quite clear to see. If this electrification is successful some plants are gonna close that’s my prediction.

38 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

I foresee more of this type of thing happening with this ICE to BEV long conversion process. There’s gonna be a whole lot more transferring going on in Michigan and elsewhere. It’s quite clear to see. If this electrification is successful some plants are gonna close that’s my prediction.

I expected it to happen eventually, but I didn’t expect it there until years down the road, like end of the decade at earliest. 

Makes me glad I’m starting in trades in a few short months. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I expected it to happen eventually, but I didn’t expect it there until years down the road, like end of the decade at earliest. 

Makes me glad I’m starting in trades in a few short months. 

Congrats on starting trades. Well remember Farley said he wants 2 million units EV by 2026 so I guess this is why this his happening. He was up here at OAC a couple weeks ago with minimal information. He met with union said that we will be informed mid April as to when this facility will retool. We will be building the long in tooth edge nautilus into 2024. Back to the f-150 topic ford still has Kansas city as well to hammer out ice f-150s so they will be fine. 

44 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Seems like the strategy is pivot KCAP to full scale everyday F-150 production and wind DTP down to just the specialty models, which at this point is what, Tremor, Raptor and Powerboost? 

Makes sense 

40 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I don’t think DTP is going anywhere, it’s the newest plant outside of BOC getting built now. 

I don’t see any plant in Michigan EVER closing other than maybe Flat Rock down the road. Too early but if there was any plants that are to close in this transition which one or ones do you speculate would be in trouble?

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

Felicidades por iniciar operaciones. Bueno, recuerda que Farley dijo que quiere 2 millones de unidades EV para 2026, así que supongo que es por eso que está sucediendo. Estuvo aquí en OAC hace un par de semanas con información mínima. Se reunió con el sindicato y dijo que se nos informará a mediados de abril cuándo se reacondicionará esta instalación. Estaremos construyendo el nautilus de borde de dientes largo en 2024. Volviendo al tema de la f-150, ford todavía tiene Kansas City también para fabricar f-150 de hielo para que estén bien. 

https://canada.autonews.com/automakers/ford-share-future-plans-oakville-assembly-unifor-april-union-says

41 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

I am aware of this already as Farley and Bryce Currie were at Oakville Assembly in March to meet with union. To me this article is old news. We want information from ford as they haven’t told us shit since 2020. I don’t want no auto forecast solutions speculation. I want to hear from Farley and ford model E as to when we will start retooling next year. We already know edge nautilus will be built into early 2024 just want specific timelines. I am glad we will know soon. 

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

I don’t see any plant in Michigan EVER closing other than maybe Flat Rock down the road. Too early but if there was any plants that are to close in this transition which one or ones do you speculate would be in trouble?

Flat Rock and as much as I hate to say it, MAP. We aren’t getting anything electrified as last I heard the hybrid/PHEV Ranger was canned a few years ago. The other thing that makes me nervous was when Ford announced the split into Ford Blue and Model E, upper management had a pow wow with us and was adamant we would be around a long time. On the surface that’s believable until he threw out the name Visteon without any provocation saying this wouldn’t turn into that. Gigantic red flag in my book. They know good and well a large chunk of the workforce at MAP is people that got royally screwed out of all of their seniority and retirement in that quagmire. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

This is great news. Ford desperately needs to ramp up production of F-150 Lightning. GM overtook Ford for the #2 position in U.S. BEV sales in 1Q 2023, due in part to the 5 weeks of lost production for F-150 Lightning. GM Sells Twice as Many Electric Vehicles as Ford, Second to Tesla - Bloomberg

44 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Flat Rock and as much as I hate to say it, MAP. We aren’t getting anything electrified as last I heard the hybrid/PHEV Ranger was canned a few years ago. The other thing that makes me nervous was when Ford announced the split into Ford Blue and Model E, upper management had a pow wow with us and was adamant we would be around a long time. On the surface that’s believable until he threw out the name Visteon without any provocation saying this wouldn’t turn into that. Gigantic red flag in my book. They know good and well a large chunk of the workforce at MAP is people that got royally screwed out of all of their seniority and retirement in that quagmire. 

I don’t think MAP is in jeopardy either anytime soon. Bronco and ranger are going into the 2030s I believe. All of this is just kinda for the sake of speculation. I really hope that doesn’t happen but I see some consolidation in this company's future. Building BOC means to me some plants are going down in the future.  I saw on autoforecast solutions which isn’t always accurate that’s forsure that BOC is slated to get some bronco and ranger EV down the road which we know is subject to change and HAS changed with this T3 thing. 

34 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

I saw on autoforecast solutions which isn’t always accurate that’s forsure that BOC is slated to get some bronco and ranger EV down the road which we know is subject to change and HAS changed with this T3 thing. 

T3 is just what they’re calling the Gen 2 Lightning with a new futuristic style along the lines of the Silverado EV and word is it will get its own name while Lightning as we know it will stay with the good ‘ol fashioned truck styling we all know and love. It was always destined to go into BOC. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

T3 is just what they’re calling the Gen 2 Lightning with a new futuristic style along the lines of the Silverado EV and word is it will get its own name while Lightning as we know it will stay with the good ‘ol fashioned truck styling we all know and love. It was always destined to go into BOC. 

Thanks for the clarification, I can’t wait to see what this truck will look like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Thanks for the clarification, I can’t wait to see what this truck will look like.

Same, it's not much to go off of, but we can see a closeup of the side profile in one of their vids. I'll insert some screenshots below. From what we can see, the front fender with angle down much more aggressively, with a more laid back windshield. According to ExplorerDude, it will have a more cab forward design that looks like a futuristic take on the '97-03 f-150s. 

Screenshot_2023-03-26-12-57-53-89_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-26-12-57-52-87_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

31 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Same, it's not much to go off of, but we can see a closeup of the side profile in one of their vids. I'll insert some screenshots below. From what we can see, the front fender with angle down much more aggressively, with a more laid back windshield. According to ExplorerDude, it will have a more cab forward design that looks like a futuristic take on the '97-03 f-150s. 

Screenshot_2023-03-26-12-57-53-89_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-26-12-57-52-87_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

I’m all for a futuristic design as long as it doesn’t have the slanted rear of the cab like the gm ev trucks have.